Cost of penalties for being late to pay immigration.

Hello everyone, my question pertains to the current penalties that would be incured as late fees for paying for an extension of a tourist visa.. i know, at this point, theres a suspension of "order to leave", which means deportation might be a smaller concern, but even so, either way, can anyone give me a good approximation of what the total cost of penalties might be for being 7 months overdue? Just looking for straight forward info. thanks 😁
Welcome. I don't think anyone can give you the exact number, but there have been several posts about this scenario. Did you do a search? There is another active thread on the main page, plus if you click on the search bar at the top and enter "visa overstay" you will get many past threads on the topic. . Also there is information on the official Philippines BI (Immigration) site.
How much it will cost you will depend on what day it is, which immigration officer deals with you and whether he or she had a good nights sleep. lol

@pnwcyclist If you overstay over a year, they could lock a person up at the BI Graybar Hotel in Taguig and then deport and blacklist. Or they might let you pay and stay. Depends.

@FindlayMacD   Thanks. i actually think thats pretty accurate. ive experienced that attitude before. in fact the immigration officer was downright rude and insulting, i paid the fee and he actually seemed disappointed, as if he were hoping to make an example out of me and took that away from him. So, yes..i think attitude has a lot to do with it. Im not looking for exact cost, as i said, only a reasonable approximation

@danfinn my overstay happened twice, neither time even came close to a year...one was about 3 months..the other was 7. Each time it was because my online card account having been hacked and all the money in it, stolen. But i already know they're not interested in hearing about it. So i just paid it.  The last time I dealt with a very rude guy, so...it was a tough day. But that doesn't bother me, ive dealt with rude, obnoxious people all my life. i only posted my question so i  could get as close an approximation as possible so i can be at least a little sure I'll bring enough with me to immigration, and would be reasonably sure i could cover the cost without bringing everything i got... because iv ive learned ANYTHING here in the 2 years ive been here  it's this: you DON'T flash your money, and you NEVER, EVER, even hint, to anyone, what you may or may not be carrying.
     But as far as immigration goes, im only asking for an approximation, doesn't need to be exact.  only concerned that ill bring enough with me, and whatever attitudes i deal with that day won't, for what ever"bad mood" reason he or she might have, won't decide to just deport me regardless.
     Because i am well aware of the corruption aspect, and the sometimes nasty attitude aspect, I'll just settle for the "approximate cost" aspect, and see what happens.
    Thanks for your comment though. i appreciate your imput
@danfinn my overstay happened twice, neither time even came close to a year...one was about 3 months..the other was 7. Each time it was because my online card account having been hacked and all the money in it, stolen. But i already know they're not interested in hearing about it. So i just paid it.  The last time I dealt with a very rude guy, so...it was a tough day. But that doesn't bother me, ive dealt with rude, obnoxious people all my life. i only posted my question so i  could get as close an approximation as possible so i can be at least a little sure I'll bring enough with me to immigration, and would be reasonably sure i could cover the cost without bringing everything i got... because iv ive learned ANYTHING here in the 2 years ive been here  it's this: you DON'T flash your money, and you NEVER, EVER, even hint, to anyone, what you may or may not be carrying.
     But as far as immigration goes, im only asking for an approximation, doesn't need to be exact.  only concerned that ill bring enough with me, and whatever attitudes i deal with that day won't, for what ever"bad mood" reason he or she might have, won't decide to just deport me regardless.
     Because i am well aware of the corruption aspect, and the sometimes nasty attitude aspect, I'll just settle for the "approximate cost" aspect, and see what happens.
    Thanks for your comment though. i appreciate your imput
- @kenw8213
Taking your Filipina wife and child to the BI office when you go in for your extension can be good for your image because they're really into family ties here, so even though your late on your renewals, at least you have a nice family here in the Philippines
A continuing theme by some posters is dealing with rude BI employees. The reason is because your a "Farang" and they do it because they can.

I never had that problem as I took my Stepson to BI to do my bidding for me, while I sat down and became a people watcher.

@onefogarty good advice, but im not married, nor do i have any children. i am living with someone with eventual plans to marry, but as of right now, not married.

A continuing theme by some posters is dealing with rude BI employees. The reason is because your a "Farang" and they do it because they can.

I never had that problem as I took my Stepson to BI to do my bidding for me, while I sat down and became a people watcher.
- @Enzyte Bob
Sounds good….whenever I take my Filipina wife and son to immigration,I get treated much nicer. Sad, but true.

@Enzyte Bob yeah, i mentioned only to express what i already know to be the truth. they are rude...thats my observation. Doesn't matter if "they can" or not...i only mentioned it as part of the attitude they have that  i know play a part in, not only how tense the situation can become, but, depending on the level of corruption present at that moment, how much ill end up paying. All i asked this forum was a general idea of how much it "might" cost, so i could at least be as prepared as possible. Not an exact amount, because i know thats impossible...just an approximation, a realistic one.

@onefogarty good advice, but im not married, nor do i have any children. i am living with someone with eventual plans to marry, but as of right now, not married.

- @kenw8213
No need to be married brother, just bring your Filipina with you

@onefogarty  agsin..good advice. you know, she does come with me, but since this covid thin, and that whole " keep a distance thing" happened, the office here in Davao ( which has limited seats available to begin with) has it set up so maybe 5 people at one time can cone in, the rest stay outside, which is where she stays...so, even though we both go together, i end up dealing with the agent on my own, and ive gone outside to ask her to come in, but the security outside doesn't allow it, never has for me, anyway. So i always get stuck doing it alone. But, that's a great idea. i always bring someone with me, either my lady or one of her kids, so ill just have to make sure i can have them with me at the window.

Personally, if the people at the BI gave me a hard time, or, if they copped an attitude, I wouldn't give them a penny of my $, I would just "take" the deportation! They likely have never "messed" with a Texan before. Regardless of how tough they think they would be on me, my "tolerance" level would exceed theirs by their wildest imaginations. Just my take on the matter....

@onefogarty  agsin..good advice. you know, she does come with me, but since this covid thin, and that whole " keep a distance thing" happened, the office here in Davao ( which has limited seats available to begin with) has it set up so maybe 5 people at one time can cone in, the rest stay outside, which is where she stays...so, even though we both go together, i end up dealing with the agent on my own, and ive gone outside to ask her to come in, but the security outside doesn't allow it, never has for me, anyway. So i always get stuck doing it alone. But, that's a great idea. i always bring someone with me, either my lady or one of her kids, so ill just have to make sure i can have them with me at the window.

- @kenw8213
I feel your frustration, and wish you the best success going forward 😊

Personally, if the people at the BI gave me a hard time, or, if they copped an attitude, I wouldn't give them a penny of my $, I would just "take" the deportation! They likely have never "messed" with a Texan before.
- @Harbred6051

Evidently A Texan never messed with BI (Poncho Villa's) before. BI will pay your airfare back to the Alamo.

ehh..i understand what you mean, and normally, i might agree...BUT, the one thing that would have to exist for me to completely agree with this is if i had nothing to lose by getting deported...but i DO have something to lose...a very nice girlfriend, an actually terrific family ( who i don't always get along with, but, come on, thats every family..lol.i think the Philippines, as far as landscape is concerned is beautiful..the parts i see in poverty represent a challenge to me, to do what i can to help change it, clean it, or at least try to improve it... even if what i do is seemingly insignificant, it means something to me and my extended family here.
   Point is, if i had NO reason to want to stay, id probably already have gone down there with the " just deport me, i don't care" attitude. Bit i DO care, thats why this concerns me so much to fix it, and why im so adamant about at least having a "general" idea of what it might cost..not specific, just general.

@onefogarty thank you very much...it IS frustrating. But im not ready to give up. thats why i try to ask questions so I'm better prepared. thank you gor your input and advice.. i found it insightful and helpful. So far ive found just about all responses very helpful. Have a great day! 👍

@Enzyte Bob i also believe being as respectful as possible goes a long way to easing the situation, rather than just going in, mouth blazing, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. If nothing else, it'll mean i wont personally be adding to a situation that could potentially develop into something far worse. Maybe that wont work all the time, but i think its a whole lot better than just putting some guy ( or girl) with a sour attitude on blast thinking you'll get a couple of "feel good" shots in your way out, because, from what i seen in other examples, that just doesn't happen. diplomacy and a polite respect, at least on the surface, goes a long way ( most of the time). from making a situation go from bad to worse. But "copping an attitude" l, seems [link under review], is a garunteed " bad to worse day". Id like to avoid that if i can. 😁

copping an attitude, it seems to me, is a garunteed "bad to worse" day. id like to avoid that if i can.

@FindlayMacD   Thanks. i actually think thats pretty accurate. ive experienced that attitude before. in fact the immigration officer was downright rude and insulting, i paid the fee and he actually seemed disappointed, as if he were hoping to make an example out of me and took that away from him.

- @kenw8213
Rude from start?   
Otherwice he perhaps became disapointed by you didnt offer him a bribe?   :)
@coach53 right from the beginning. But his disposition DID seem to sour a little later. Maybe he WAS expecting one, who knows? Not in my nature to offer something you don't ask for, or imply that i should give. Bribes are dangerous and illegal, but, in my view, its also dangerous...IF said bribe were to.work, what makes anyone think it wouldn't be expected from that moment on? I won't encourage that.
    He implied that if i was late again, then i should expect to be deported. Not sure that's legal, either. Because, 1. there's been a temporary  stop on the "order to leave", which in my understanding means deportation, and as far as i know, the "order to leave hasnt been reinstated yet. So im not sure he could hold that over me as a threat, but i am absolutely unsure whether he COULD do that regarding jail time.  My point is im trying to get everything straight before i go so i can be as informed ( therefore less stressed out) about the whole situation.
@kenw8213 and not only that, as far as i know, theres also a period of time in which. allowed to file for a reconsideration
..to try present good reasons why i shouldn't be deported. But, in any case, i do NOT want to have to.sit in a jail.. either way. But, i also haven't been deliquent for a year, either. itll be 7 months when i go, but my understanding is that, unless your a proven danger, or detriment or hazard or a financial suck on their society, they normally wont consider deportation unless your at that 1 year or more mark. That's what ive heard, anyway.
@kenw8213
But, i also haven't been deliquent for a year, either. itll be 7 months when i go,

I think it wold be best to cop a plea, telling them the various lockdowns prevented travel and then you had some Covid related problems.

@kenw8213  my opinion any foreigners including myself.  Knowingly they are overstayed and thinking of reasons to give imagination are those who are  just making  Harder for foreigners who follow the Rules. Im sure in time Philippines will make it Harder for all foreigners to get extentions. And pay more in the long run.

@coach53 Seriously, never do that. Not anymore. They stopped that and it could turn on you.

@coach53 Seriously, never do that. Not anymore. They stopped that and it could turn on you.

- @danfinn
Yes I knew bribing being illegal.  I have never paid any bribes. PERHAPS thats why officials have been extreemly slow at handling our business documents   :)

I know Duterte fired highest bosses of two departments, but dont know if that have scared other officials to stop asking bribes. Have they?

One official at an office, which we will need now and then, asked us for a loan and said would be paid back in a month. I dont know if realy ment to pay back or not.  We didnt give any loan anyway, answered we are short of money have borrowed ourself to start the businesses, keeping the image we are poor trying to start a business :)
@kenw8213 looks like i asked the wrong question. i "thought" i was asking if anyone had any idea ( approximately) what a 7 month penalty might look like. i also thought id made it clear i wasnt looking for a specific, agreed upon amount, since ( as ive already stated) i already know that there really isnt one. I didn't realize that the way in which i asked my question would inply to anyone on this thread that i was: 1. Looking for a solid, unshakable quote as regarding price. 2. looking for conversation regarding bribes or any other illegal activity that is simply beyond the scope of what i would do, no matter where i am, 3. looking for impressions of jail, or even stories regarding deportation that it seems everyone has.
      Thanks for all of that, but my original question revolved around how much does anyone " think" it might cost.."how much it might "reasonably cost" regardless of "corruption " or "bad hair days". i KNOW Ball of that exists, as evidenced by the last jerk i dealt with there.
    All i wanted to know ( if i now have to five an example to make this even MORE specific.....If, being 7 months behind, does anyone "think " given the info available, and factoring in dumb ass anal retentive attitudes and/ or corruption, it might cost 30,000 or higher?
        AND....what are the odds ( opinions only, people, not looking for carved in stone, irrefutable facts here, that even though its been 7 months and not a full year, or more, what are the odds that ill be facing deportation, and given the information ive provided here, how likely do you think it would be? Just asking for opinions, people. NOT looking for "carved in stone" "irrefutable" " rigid" " pack your s**t your outta here opinions, nor am i looking for anecdotal swipes taken at all the foreigners that come over here that run roughshod all over your laws.
    What has happened with me was neither premeditated nor by design..i. not, nor have i ever been a criminal or an  "undesirable", regardless of what ever twisted definition happens to to the "flavored back handed slap of the day".
      Including"covid" and 2 occasions of hacking my online account ( ironically from a bunch of  piece of garbage hackers IN America) including having no transportation, and for some odd goddamn reason no ability, ever, not even once, for the immigration office to pick up their damn phone..or answer a message sent by text... whenever ive tried to make contact.
    THATS why im only looking for an approximation...i already KNOW theres no definitive "set" amount. But, since i cant get any damn answers anywhere else on THIS particular subject, i decided to try this forum. 
       Again, thanks for all the advice, stories and even a suggestion to commit an illegal act...i really appreciate it, now ill just do what i probably should have done...sit back, wait til i get paid, go to the BI office, and hope for the best.
    😁
@kenw8213  Others have told in other topics how much they had to pay, but I dont remember other than one rather recent got some shocked.   I suppouse you can find these earlier topics by using the forum search function in upper right.

@kenw8213 "The penalty fees for overstaying tourist visa is approximately PHP4,000 per month."  Online source (google).