My Post Was Removed - I contest it.

so yesterday I published a  post:
I wanted to know about people's experience as to where they went to get a vaccine and their experience of it -  was removed.

it was suggested by the Expat.com team to post in the Classified Section.
Um...but i am not selling anything, nor am i promoting a product or service, so how is that more appropriate ??

so the logic here is flawed.

@kristophenerryanwatson

When Elon Musk buys Expat.com we will see your post
@kristopherryanwatson
Yes I understand your frustration especially as there is precedent. A number of contributions on this topic have been posted in the last few months.
Given the overwhelming proven efficacy of having the vaccine one would have thought that your question would be seen as being in the public interest.
@kristophenerryanwatson

- @Enzyte Bob
Who's he?
@kristopherryanwatson
Yes I understand your frustration especially as there is precedent. A number of contributions on this topic have been posted in the last few months.
Given the overwhelming proven efficacy of having the vaccine one would have thought that your question would be seen as being in the public interest.
- @Lotus Eater

Thank you. Exactly my point.  I already contested my view anr arguement to the forum moderator. apparently they don't care, and don't share the view as I do. which is unfortunate and back-sided.

@Lotus Eater   I believe Elon Musk is a mens after shave.

@kristopherryanwatson instead of being confrontational it might help to see it from their point of view (right or wrong in your personal view) and propose a rewording. I'm all for negotiated peace.

@kristopherryanwatson

I believe the post was removed because you had said you were Writing a Blog. In a sense Expat.com is a blog. So any content for your blog could originate from Expat.com.

Also the moderators on Expat.com are heavy handed.
That's kind of strange. There have been plenty of discussions on here about vaccine experiences. The only time posts have been removed was for things like anti-vax posts and disinformation, or links to known anti-vax or conspiracy sites. That said, the site has been undergoing revisions in the past couple of weeks and several problems have been reported.

Did you actually have a conversation with a moderator?  Perhaps review the content of your post and try again.
@pnwcyclist

No, i did not rewrite my post.  it seems i was unable to do so, before they just removed it.
I have yet to post it again.

A Team moderator did reach out to me, but i contested their view and recommendation in my reply to him.

As i i mentioned, they said my post would be better fitted for the Classified section, but how could my post be anything more than asking for the sharing of experiences by those in the community ?

@Enzyte Bob

No, i  don't think i can agree with the merit of deleting my post based on that.

That would be like saying "I'm in a community dedicated to talking about certain TV show or Movie, but i like this other TV show or Movie and i'm wondering if others have seen it and what they thought of it....but apparently we can't talk about that here."

okay, perhaps not the best analogy but i hope you get my point.  1f603.svg

@kristopherryanwatson there is not much point in discussing the merits of your post without swing your post. Maybe it belongs in the classifieds.

Hi from the maternity (from someone who's supposed to be off),

the mod team is off today so I can't get a proper explanation. I don't understand why the team removed your post, there is certainly a reason.

Your post hasn't been deleted, I can read it on a private forum. I'll make sure you get a reply on Monday morning

Thanks

Julien
Your post is back by the way ;)
After reading your post again:

it was suggested by the Expat.com team to post in the Classified Section.
Um...but i am not selling anything, nor am i promoting a product or service, so how is that more appropriate ??
The moderator recommended  to post your ad in the testimonies section and removed your post as it was posted in the incorrect section.

We'll discuss it internally next week

All the best

Julien

@pnwcyclist Not to get into the middle of a scruffle but which all knowing authority is that can possibly discern that any "misinformation" is not true "information" or who can positively say that a given conspiracy "theory" cannot ever become "fact" or is downright false?  Only people with political agendas seem to be able to bestow themselves with such ultimate power in the universe lol.

'Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy'  was not invented by Elon Musk.  I learned it in grade school in the 1940s and have never strayed from the concept.  It is a Truth.  Any person, group, organization, etc. based on any other concept or rule, or mission, or purpose, is, by definition, dysfunctional, hence doomed to failure and eventually, extinction.  In My Opinion.  Thanks to all,
TD

@TitoDan Thank you. I might add that, although free speech was not invented by Elon Musk, it seems ironic that it may take an immigrant from South Africa to save it. As if it took somebody born outside of the United States to recognize the value of our First Amendment.

'Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy'  was not invented by Elon Musk.  I learned it in grade school in the 1940s and have never strayed from the concept.  It is a Truth.  Any person, group, organization, etc. based on any other concept or rule, or mission, or purpose, is, by definition, dysfunctional, hence doomed to failure and eventually, extinction.  In My Opinion.  Thanks to all,
TD
- @TitoDan

________________________________________________________________________________
If you learned it in the 1940's you must be at least you must be 90 years old, I guess that's the reason on another post you have a Skype Fiancee and considering a Zoom Marriage. I hope somebody will step in an appoint a legal guardian for you.

A trip to an assisted living care center is a better choice than coming to the Philippines.

@kristophenerryanwatson

- @Enzyte Bob
🤣🤣 True!
@kristophenerryanwatson

- @Enzyte Bob
🤣🤣 True! - @onefogarty

and I would be super happy to have Elon Musk as the first investor in Expat.com 1f609.svg

@Julien

Thank you Sir! 

I do much appreciate the effort on this.

I did not so mind the post being modified or removed, provided that there was a sensible reason for doing so.

However, I did not take well to the suggestion to post in the Classifieds section.
the intent with my original post was just to encourage an open conversation on personal experiences of those vacccines received in pampanga/clark.

the solution suggested seems in no way conducive to what i wanted to achieve with my post.   

@Enzyte Bob

Hopefully idiots like you get their posts removed also.
@philipperv

woah woah woah...let's not be like that.
@kristopherryanwatson

Hi Kristo,

I check the forum once a week or so, so apologies for commenting late.

When I read this continuing discussion about your post, I can see that is has  touched nerves, and is heading /or/ has gone down the caustic rabbit hole.

I think it's too many old guys without a hobby 🤔
@Puddman

haha i would agree. too many Retirees with not too much going on except for trolling of the deep and sophisticated annals of this Forum !
Hello kristopherryanwatson,

Please be reminded that your post is back on the forum.

I also explained to you via private message about the reason why your post had been moved and the suggestion to post in the classifieds section as per the code of conduct of the forum.

Consequently and more importantly as this thread is going off-topic, it is now being closed.

Thank you for understanding.

Cheers,
Djameel
Expat.com Team
Closed