Where to get 3rd Covid Vaccination?

I need my 3rd shot because I will have to do a border run and qualify for employment.

My landlord told me yesterday the local vaccination place providing free shots was available but when I went there I was told "Next week."
Problem is, from experience I know next week I might be told supplies have run out, or they need to prepare documents, etc. It's happened multiple times and I don't have time.

Alternatively, my landlord told me about https://vnvc.vn/en/home/
Unfortunately, although their website has English their hotline does not so I have no idea how to get through to an English speaker and they just put the phone down on me.

Does anyone know of a clinic where I can get a Vera Cell (Chinese) shot with a phone number where I can make an appointment?

Clip,

We also have to do border runs for visa purposes. I am wondering what having a 3rd vaccine dose has to do with a border run or employment qualification? Thanks.

As far as I know the government now require 3 shots as fully vaccinated and many employers follow it.

I am also trying to avoid potential problems at the border.

My understanding is, as of yesterday, no vaccination is required to enter Vietnam.

If you are referring to any other government requirement for vaccines, I am not sure what that would be. In other words, I do not know anything else that a vaccine would be required for.

As far as what a specific employer would require, I have no idea.

I was also looking for a third shot. I was told that you should get this through your local ward, but if that is not possible some private hospitals will also give you the third shot. I heard the French Hospital in Hanoi will give the shot, but obviously there is a cost involved.

For what its worth, I haven't heard anything about needing a third shot to cross the border, but I am no expert on this.

<emphasis mine>

With thanks to OceanBeach for posting.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Quoting my visa agent's interpretation:

Travelers entering Viet Nam by air, road, sea, or rail must only present either a negative PCR test result done within 72 hours prior to departure, or a negative rapid test done within 24 hours of departure. Results must be certified by the authorities of the country where the tests are conducted.

There is NO vaccine requirement for entry.

There is NO quarantine requirement upon arrival if test is negative.

Children under two years old are not required to take COVID-19 tests

Arrivals must make medical declaration before entering and use Viet Nam's COVID-19 mobile application (PC-COVID) during their entire stay according to regulations.

Source: Please see the attached official letter from the Ministry of Health of Vietnam

Here is a link to a Google Dịch post (original VN immediately precedes the linked post in that thread)
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =4#5377446

Thanks all for the info.
I guess quarantine and vaccination reflect most countries relaxing restrictions and living with the virus, Vietnam being one of them.

Now I feel confident I need not worry if I must do a border run and still didn't get my 3rd shot. If needed for employment I can wait for the local ward's free one.

-

I guess the issue now is clarification about PCR test within 72 hours prior to departure, or a negative rapid test within 24 hours.

I had a rapid test locally before now, I think the one where they put something up your nose and you're done. I never had a PCR test.

I wonder if anyone has any input on what would be preferable out of these two tests, costs involved, etc?

Most importantly, a contact for a good place to make an appointment or walk in....

I've my third vaccine last month.
My  Vietnam colleague told me, their apartment supplied a third shot for them, and it also is allowed for her to bring us to get the third shot.
Maybe you could ask your local colleague as well?

Thanks for the idea. The landlord might be able to help in that way if necessary but they usually just Zalo the address when the next batch of shots are available.

my Suggestion:  I got my #4 Pfizer in BKK, walk in with my USA PP, out in 10 mins.  You can find at any site on the App. QueQ.  No need appointment and it is free.  I think Thailand will eliminate Thailand Pass soon.

Corkyboy wrote:

my Suggestion:  I got my #4 Pfizer in BKK, walk in with my USA PP, out in 10 mins.  You can find at any site on the App. QueQ.  No need appointment and it is free.  I think Thailand will eliminate Thailand Pass soon.

So you recommend doing a border run to Bangkok to get the shot?

This is the Vietnam forum... 😉

Since this thread is still going and there was a mention of flying (presumably) to Thailand, and me just having formulated what I think is my ideal plan for soon, I thought I could seize the moment and sneak in a request on updated useful information based on the following idea for a trip.

Since my original post, I got the 3rd shot provided by the local ward a few days later. When in Vietnam do like the Vietnamese. Things like that I think can make a difference with employers and government officials. It was the last I heard the government talking about, hopefully that's enough.

But having had talks with a local employer recently and not accepted the offer I will now be doing a trip in a couple of weeks. Not Thailand, because I hear they require proof of medical insurance, also maybe because I know the place well, so next time I go there I would want it to not be essentially a border run.

I was actually thinking of flying to Phnom Penh. I've done many border runs by bus to Cambodia from either side, both Thailand and Vietnam, but never been in. I know the countries either side of it. Fascinating to actually go into the one in the middle a bit more. Be there in an hour or two. Simple hopefully.

I won't be exploring Phnom Penh particularly. I'll mostly chill next to a laptop, with a coffee or beer, hopefully with good food, maybe keep making a bit of money (in my own way), and watch the world go by.

Going back to Vietnam will be the opposite: I want to see Cambodia's countryside, the houses and the people. It's about 6 hours apparently. That'll do.
I spent so many hours lost in my own world, gazing out of a bus window through or across the sights of Thailand or Vietnam... always to Cambodia but never through. Also has a bit of adventure about it, I suppose, going to a completely new place, but generally sitting near a hotel, not in the heart of things.

I believe at this point my passport gets me 15 days in Vietnam. It's not much time to deal with employers so I will use this time to set up some interviews and plan a trip out so an employer has good time to do something (and if they can get a NES teacher in the classroom right now they are capable of moving very fast!)
I'm a bit out of touch with booking tickets online these days. I heard for international flights these days it's actually better to go direct to the carrier so I suppose it's the same for local flights around SE Asia.

I heard one needs a VN Gov app with a QR code to (re)enter VN.

I wonder what the options are beyond 15 days. I think I saw a post about it where it may be possible to return again after a period of time or do a quick turn-around.

Hopefully the visa and extension situation will change for the better for everyone. Lucky for me I can legally work.

I'd particularly appreciate recommendations for a quiet, inexpensive, pleasant area to stay in Phnom Penh or anything else that's useful about this trip idea. I've never been there before so if someone reading this has anything to share that would be appreciated.
I have done the HCMC bus run to Phnom Penh twice & back & have done the bus run HCMC to Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh to Siem Reap & back & thought it was a great experience & like you like to gaze out the window & see the changing scenery & life as it goes by. The first time was back in 2009 & at that time the bus had to take the ferry across the Mekong & that was an adventure in its self, however there is now a bridge (Neak Loeung Bridge) & that cuts the time of the journey.
One thing I always remember was crossing my fingers & hoping I made the bus journey in one piece especially the Phnom Penh to Siem Reap bit as the bus drivers lets say seem to think they are in a race to get there fast & their bus has complete right of way & no other road user matters.
@Clip if you want a nice place to stay in PP, I'd suggest searching around Russian Market area. There are lots of restaurants, coffee shops and I love the neighborhood. Still close enough to reach downtown by tuk tuk easily. On a day downtown you could take in the riverside walk, make it to the palace and even Wat Phnom if you wanted. Just some ideas. I lived at one time pretty close to the market area. If you want bus service check out Giant Ibis or the Cambodia Post. I rode the buses numerous times over the years from Phnom Penh to Kampot,Sihanoukville, Siem Reap, etc.

At one point I stayed pretty close to the palace in a nice Airbnb for some months. Siem Reap can be nice for a longer stay as well. You can find apartments close to the river there for about $250 a month if you search a bit.

Have a great time!
Thanks for the input, fellas. I waited another day in case anyone else chipped in.

Siem Reap sounds great for a proper trip sometime later.

Since this is essentially a border run I will look into the Russian Market area as suggested. It seems like a good spot for restaurants and coffee shops though I do wonder if it will be very touristy prices.

As a teacher, between jobs, I am definitely not going to spend money that I didn't need to spend. I am hoping to find a quiet place where I can do a bit of work online and maybe take a stroll.

After 2 years of pandemic and uncertainty, until I get a solid employer I must be risk-averse. Very low key. Get a taste of the country a bit. Later I can go back for a proper trip, or more likely, to even move there, but right now my life is still mostly in Vietnam.