Moving to Argentina

hi my name is Mohamed Yassine Brahem I'm from Tunisia but I live in UK london I got married with Argentina girl we have 3 years together we just planing to move to Argentina but we still dedent decide yet the problem me I dedent speak Spanish very well and I don't have any idea about the life there because I never been in Argentina and I don't know how it's the acconomy  there me i'm work as waiter and my wife she find job fer her self and housse for us the only things I need your help what suggested me to do.

I am sorry Mohamed, but why would you want to move to Argentina? Financially the country is in a very hard situation. You could get work as a waiter, of course, but that means minimum wage and no social benefits at all. Minimin wage is around $25,000 and you need a minimum of $150.000 to make ends meet here. You could probably make more money working for any foreign company located here that needs native speakers. It took me 20 years to save a little to buy a house.
Mohamed, we are all desperately trying to flee the country. I would not come here if I were you.

with all my respect to previous poster you don't need to make 150 000 to make ends.
It all depends on what you need, where you will live etc.  Many factors. Least but not last your skills in planing purchases/spendig money.

Does your wife have job offer? Does she have family or contacts there? If they can help i.e. recomend you  to somebody -good.
If not you are screwed and need to start speaking Spanish asap, just ask your wife to speak 100% castellano with you from now on:)

norafuentes wrote:

I am sorry Mohamed, but why would you want to move to Argentina? Financially the country is in a very hard situation. You could get work as a waiter, of course, but that means minimum wage and no social benefits at all. Minimin wage is around $25,000 and you need a minimum of $150.000 to make ends meet here. You could probably make more money working for any foreign company located here that needs native speakers. It took me 20 years to save a little to buy a house.
Mohamed, we are all desperately trying to flee the country. I would not come here if I were you.

hi thanks for all of you norafuentes and Pukapi for all you advice to me yes it's hard decision if I will take it but untill now nothing is sure if we have samething end of this year the problem my wife she doesn't like the life anymore in England and me I feel desperate what should I do she is ready there in holiday she told her family they offer for her a big house so she is not goona pay the rent and properly she will work for her self she want to do some business in Cordoba  the problem it's for me like you know I'm not speak well Spanish and I don't no body and no contact I ready ask about the basic salary in Argentina it's very poor compared here in England  I wish we find the way and the balance between as
please if you know any company or agency the need someone speak Arabic / French/ English  let me know maybe I have advantage with Languages  speaking  and how much I can get it more a lest if I find good company
thanks again for your help

Spanish is not super difficult, especially as you are bilingual (or trilingual? French/Arabic/English?) already... and you have a Spanish-speaking wife so you can practice all the time. I don't think it's something to worry about. Equally, as spouse of Argentina citizen I don't think a residence permit is much of an issue either.

I lived in Buenos Aires for a few years, and I liked it a lot. Argentina is a beautiful country, and it has a lot to recommend it. But, as mentioned, the economy/currency is not in good shape... and, consequently, salaries are not great.

But if your wife has family, and they have a house for her/you, then that's a massive plus. A rent-free life is something that many of us would enjoy! :-) And if she's miserable in London, it doesn't sound like you have a lot of choice. :-) To be fair, even though the London economy is great, it's massively expensive so it's also a very difficult place to move to and make a decent living.

If the deal really includes a rent-free house, it seems fairly painless to try it out for a few months... or perhaps a year or two. Happy wife, happy life, eh? :-)

Hello, I am a native Argentine, I just left the country, due to economic issues in the country. Depending on the job you have, you can spend your whole life saving money because you can't afford to buy a house. Maybe you could ask your wife to move to Spain? They speak Spanish there, and if she was Argentine, perhaps with her language it will be easier for her, like feeling at home. I'm not quite sure if I'm right.

If you are going to Argentina anyway, I recommend you get a telecommuting from a European or North American company where they pay you in dollars, and in Argentina be careful not to change dollars in banks. Well, it doesn't suit you. It is convenient to go to the black market where they give you twice the money that a bank.

That's a great suggestion from @mxzyn!

The language, food, and culture in Spain is much closer to Argentina.

Spain is also very welcoming to Ibero-American citizens, and there are many Argentines there. In particular, there is a route to Spanish (EU) citizenship after only 2 years of residence!

My partner is from Brazil, and we have an apartment near Alicante. She absolutely adores living in Spain! She recently applied for citizenship after our 2 years there.

Hello to all!

Any advice on relocating and getting a job in construction industry in Argentina?

@norafuentes - how about an American retiree with a fixed income like myself ($1800 monthly) do in Argentina? From the earnings figures that I have seen, I should be able to live comfortably. Just asking.