Spass application rejected without any reasons

Dear all,
My case is I have 4 years worked in Singapore with 3 different jobs. On Nov I lost my last job I found the new one. It's Housekeeping supervisor and I need work at hospital. The Hr posted ads at 15/11 and finished 15/12. Then my spass apply on 16/12 after 2 week 30/12 it's rejected. I asked them what was reasons but they said that no reasons. My manager said once MOM didn't show any reason they just based on Healthcare reasons. But I think if any rejection also should have reasons. I can believe them and waiting for appeal or withdraw appeal and apply new job? I am urgent must leave Singapore for next few weeks. Not much time for waiting. I've waited them for 2 months plus. Tks 🙏

There certainly IS a reason for any rejection at MoM, just that they do not always tell you.
The employer could contact the processing officer to find out more.

Thank for reply me. May I know have any cases Officer won't advise any reasons then employer need to call and check with them?

Dear Beppi,
My appeal be rejected 😔. I gave up this company.
Today I get another offer with another company (company B)
But the Hr honestly told me that they also have 2 spass application pending for appeal 6 weeks already. And even they call officer also can't get any reason of rejection. Officer said that just appeal and wait. ( Same with the last company)
HR got send me the screen shot of quota balance and I confirmed that they still have quota now.
I am worried then I contact with the agency and hire them to submit my application. Today it is pending.
But I still confused that why MOM rejected without any reasons?
Any change about law in 2022 that We don't know about it?

I am on the same boat like yours bro. Lost job in Nov. In Oct company A applied for EP. Didn't get any reply from MOM until 20Dec. Another offer company B apply new EP on 23Dec and withdraw application from A. Now for Company B MOM triggered a background verification. And again there is a delay attached to background verification and respectively MOM approval.
Frustrated with such lengthy & tedious process. Working in Singapore for 6+Years now.
Got 1 month STVP extension from MOM. No salary burning on savings.

same situation here . applied spass on 30/12/2021
reject 02/01/2022 reason hr made some mistake in the application
appeal 06/01/2022 still no reply

Paulinepham2612 wrote:

But I still confused that why MOM rejected without any reasons?
Any change about law in 2022 that We don't know about it?

I can assure you that MoM never rejects without reason. It's just that they don't tell you why.
There is no change of regulation I know of, but the actual criteria are of course not published and can change at any time without notice.

Thank You, but if MoM never give reason how we can do appeal??? This I am very confused

Paulinepham2612 wrote:

Thank You, but if MoM never give reason how we can do appeal??? This I am very confused

There are reason(s) with a rejection, you don't but your employer sure knows what it is. If they don't, please have your employer check with MoM, you will get it.

Thank you,
For fair I try to hire my own agent. So the agent will help me to apply. The company also showed me about quota balance and salary is eligible with SAT. Ads also done 28 days finished. May I know when I am applying my pass the quota can drop off ( because of some Singaporean resign?)

Of course the quota is checked by MoM at the time your application is processed. If the employer has so little space on it that a random resignation of a local could theow you out, then you better keep looking for another employer. There are also many other reasonsyour application could get rejected for.

Hi Beppi,
I know have many reasons for rejection, But beside quota, ads, salary .. What is regular reasons from company make the application be rejected (unless reason from my side) but we have 3 candidates all rejected. So it should be from company side

You as employer should contact MoM to find out the rejection reasons.
The ones I am aware of were already mentioned on this forum, so you could also read related discussions.

hi my spass approved today after 3 weeks of appeal . hope all will get good result soon .hope for best frnds.

hmm to those who have been working in singapore for over 4 years, may I know what is the reason for you to not try apply for a PR? 4 years should be long enough to try applying for PR... No? correct me if i am wrong ! thanks, just wanna understand the situation right here

Hellojojo: Once you are PR, a portion of your pay is withheld for CPF, so you have less money in your pocket every month. Also PRship comes with military obligations for your sons, which puts many people off.

hmm interesting point of view, thanks beppi !!!

Hi Beppi, just to check with you, have you ever came across a rejection reason, "Employment Pass application is rejected due to Personal Reasons." my employer's HR contacted MOM before submitting appeal, but the MOM officer said sorry we can't disclose any further.

PeterChegg: No, I have not seen that wording before. You could contact MoM and ICA (and possibly other agencies you had contact with, like IRAS, police force, etc.) to find out what you did wrong - if you do not already know it.

@Paulinepham2612 my one is 5 weeks already, still proceeding, I dont know what happened.

are you working in Spore now?

Hello buivn19,

Have you tried contacting the concerned department to ask for more details about the delay in approving your Spass?

Let's hope you can get some feedback here.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@buivn19 Contrary to what the previous poster suggests, you cannot contact MoM to ask about the application - only your employer (who submitted it) can.

But 5 weeks is not a long processing time - you should be more patient!