New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

The process is not difficult. You should be able to do it without hiring a third party. As "Leeds forever" says, just go onto the website and get the information: "https://thaievisa.go.th/non-immigrant-o". I came over on the Type O visa. My Thai wife and I went to the local immigration office in our area before my 90 days were up and talked to an immigration officer just to ask questions related to converting to a one year retirement visa. That was probably not necessary as the website is clear on the requirements. We just wanted to make sure that we did not overlook anything. He spent a lot of time with us and listed out all of the requirements. Again, that was probably not necessary but it did give us peace of mind.
-@rzugnoni
You did not convert your visa to a 1 year retirement visa. You extended your stay 1 year. You don't have a visa when in country, you're on a permission of stay.
-@Leeds forever!

Thank you for correcting my error.

Randy

@Julien I am coming with the intention to find some organizations which could provide me with Thai jasmin rice seeds

Hi All My name is Terry and I moved to Chiang Mai about 2 years ago. I'm simi retired an I have a Thai Wife and we are looking forward to meeting expats here in Chiang Mai, We are living in the San Sai area, Cheers

Terry

Hello terrylevesque,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f604.svg

How is your expat life so far? Feel free to share your experience with us.

You can post an advert in the Thailand classifieds section to make it easier for you to meet other people.

There is a category for friendship.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello to all of you,

I´ve resigned from my work in Sweden ends February 28, 2023, and are now going all in. It can be a succees or a total failure but my focus is set for success.

Im Johan, by the way, and would like to get contacts in Bkk for expat work as well as friends for the future.

Best of regards

Johan

Hi at all,

I am Simon and new here. Looking to get some connection in a physical therapist community.

Hope to meet someone here or some others to talk about.

thanks

@Julien Many Thanks Julien.

I just got back from Thailand from a week long vacation and see myself living there long term. I am 55 years old and not quite ready for retirement mentally and finically. Having said that, I am looking for a business venture. I am open for nay industry.

Thanks!

Irfan (Frank)

Washington D.C.

Hello ifrank666,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for sharing your plans with us.

Do you have a specific business venture that you would rather invest in than another?

You can check the list of Business partners in Thailand in the Thailand classifieds section. You may find something.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello to All,

I am planning to work in Thailand  from next year.

May anybody can recommend some websites for expat jobs for German people.

Experience are in controlling, retail business and hotel / food / event business.

Thanks a lot and

Best regards

Andre

@Cheryl  Thanks Cheryl, I will check that out. So far my experience has been fantastic. My son & his family live here in Chiang Mai as

well so that makes it even better. Thanks again for reaching out....

That is always good to hear. 1f60a.svg

If you want to discuss any topic with other members of this forum, do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Chiang Mai forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Hi all, my name is Knut H. Reitan. I've been living and working in Chiang Mai for the past 17 years. I'm going through a tough time with a divorce most likely coming up. I would like to get in touch with other expats living in Chiang Mai for some kind of social interactions, as I recently moved to a village where I don't know anybody.

I'm looking forward to making new friends!

Hello Knut,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for introducing yourself and for sharing your story with us1f609.svg

Do not hesitate to engage on the various discussions on the Thailand forum. It might help you to interact with other members.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien Hi my name is Clark And retiring at the end of 2022

I have never been to Thailand but have seen many youtubes and heard So many Beautiful things of the Country.

My goal is to retire in Thailand (No work) and enjoy and live a happy life!

I wanted to start in Phuket but have recently seen the youtube on the brand new condos.... Life Asoke Rama 9!

My plan is to rent a condo here (City of Bangkok),  for a year and travel thruout,  to find my true destination!

Right now, I'm not looking for a soulmate (As I am single... and Happily), but to visit and really familiarize myself with all the different cities, the culture and all!

I'm hoping to be there in March of next year and just curious as if there are "Guides", that may be available for expats entering Thailand to help with all the necessities to get me started!

I have talked on Thai Friendly, but it's just not what Im looking for as getting settled in!

I'm asking for your thoughts and any questions you need of me!

Thank you for all replies!

Clark

@Julien Hi my name is Clark And retiring at the end of 2022
I have never been to Thailand but have seen many youtubes and heard So many Beautiful things of the Country.
My goal is to retire in Thailand (No work) and enjoy and live a happy life!
I wanted to start in Phuket but have recently seen the youtube on the brand new condos.... Life Asoke Rama 9!

My plan is to rent a condo here (City of Bangkok), for a year and travel thruout, to find my true destination!
Right now, I'm not looking for a soulmate (As I am single... and Happily), but to visit and really familiarize myself with all the different cities, the culture and all!

I'm hoping to be there in March of next year and just curious as if there are "Guides", that may be available for expats entering Thailand to help with all the necessities to get me started!
I have talked on Thai Friendly, but it's just not what Im looking for as getting settled in!

I'm asking for your thoughts and any questions you need of me!
Thank you for all replies!

Clark
-@rclarkc

You have never been in Thailand before,but you are going to retire here? Don't you think you should visit the place for let's say 3 months before you make up your mind?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1012934

Thanks!

Closed