New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Thailand forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Thailand if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi,

My name is Lucy from Uganda, I am expected to travel to Thailand in April for a conference in Bangkok.

i would love to get a friend to tour me round Bangkok for a week before i return to my home country.

Thank you.

Hello atukeilucy,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

You should post an advert in the Bangkok classifieds section.

This will increase your chances of finding someone.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Thank You Chery!

i will definitely do that. 

Hi, my name is Tim.  My son is married to a girl from Buriram.  My wife and I live in the states, but wold like to move to Thailand for a year or so.  Currently we are considering Koh Samui.  We haven't been there yet, but are planning on making a visit in March or April.  Thinking about staying at Lamai Beach area.  It is suppose to be quite beautiful, and popular for expats.  Does anyone out there have any thoughts on that?  Thank you...

Hello strasset,

Welcome again to the forum.

You should subscribe to your other thread > Lamai Beach - meet other expats so you don't miss any information/messages. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Last time I was here, departed QUICKLY!!!! 

March 2020 the airport was closing and had to make an hasty departure.

In the mean time, trying to reconnect.  For example, I remember a food truck with hamburgers.  Cann't remember the name associated with it and would love to find it again.

Classical music at one of the schools, I don't remember the name, would have concerts.

Last time I was here, departed QUICKLY!!!!
March 2020 the airport was closing and had to make an hasty departure.
In the mean time, trying to reconnect. For example, I remember a food truck with hamburgers. Cann't remember the name associated with it and would love to find it again.

Classical music at one of the schools, I don't remember the name, would have concerts.
[email protected] hatchett

Oooppsss!!!!

I just realized that I did NOT state I am in Chiangmai.  This is a COUNTRYWIDE forum.

Hello Dad Hatchett,

Welcome on board !

Well, we do have regions/cities specific forums. Here is the link to the Chiang Mai forum : Chiang Mai forum

All the best

Bhavna

Hello,

Coming for vacation but also thinking on living in Thailand. Nice to meet you all.

Hello junkdk69,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Will this be your first holiday in Thailand?

What are the possible ways you can think of to live there?

Work, start a business, retire?

If you have a topic you would like to discuss with other members, please feel free to ask your questions by creating a new thread on the Thailand forum. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien Hi: My name is Brian Proulx, I am a retired aircraft mechanic/teacher and live in Lamphun with my Thai wife and our children. Hobbies are motorcycling, gardening, swimming, and raising dogs. I am from Canada but live here permanetly and love the warm weather !!  We bought land and built a house about 8 years ago.   Brian & Ying

Hello Brian,

Welcome to the expat.com!

Thank you for introducing yourself!1f60e.svg

Feel free to browse on the Thailand forum and to engage on the various discussions there.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello/Sawadi khap ,

I am Pavin, from India, moved to Thailand last September'22 on a work visa, I am working as a virtual construction manager, currently working in Pluak Daeng, Rayong. I would love to connect with fellow expats from the Rayong region to discuss Food, Cricket, chess, and some professional networking.

Cheers,

Pavin

Hello... I've been living here for almost 10 years now.. Living up in northen Thailand in the city of Phrae. Would like to get in touch with any other expats from the U S who have retired under Civil Service.. Having problems downloading form 1099r from OPM.

Thanks in advance... Steven

Hi,

I visited Thailand last year and I had so much fun. I spent most of the time in the Bangkok Street Market and Chatuchak Market. I can't contain myself from eating the mouth-watering street foods. My heart was full as well buying fashionable clothes. Wasn't able to visit other cities since I just stayed for 5 days. Hopefully, I can visit Chiang Mai and witness the festival.

@Julien Hi ! I am currently here in the Philippines trying to look for an opportunities overseas. I have the skillsets relevant to the role. Planning to relocate if will be given a chance. I can also work remotely as well. Currently , I am working at home and have all the necessary equipment if you will require me working remotely.

@Julien.hi dear friend.i living in thailand.in covid i loss my business.over 2 year im jobless.any job or anyone here have job for me.thanks🙏🙏

Hi Tehraan,

Sorry to hear about that.

May I suggest that you have a look at offers posted in the Jobs in Thailand and perhaps create your CV in that same section ?

All the best

Bhavna