New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

@dan198523 not a fisherman myself Dan but if you are,the place to go near Hua hin is Jurassic Fishing Resort in Cha-am. Fish there are enormous,a mate of mine who is a keen fisherman lives in Cha-am and goes there regularly. I'm sure if you google it you'll find it.

@Julien thanks for welcoming me,i am from ethiopia and now living in Thailand  bangkok.
I have been here for 2 months and now i am seekinking for a job .i am IT graduated and experienced . For your reference i have my documents, let me know for any opportunity , Thanks a lot

@Julien Are you near Pak Chong? I am tourist from USA looking for expat contacts in Pak Chong/Khao Yai area. I will be here until September 13, 2022. Am thinking of moving here. Am retired.

Hello Shooterbill,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f60a.svg

Please note that Julien is not in Pak Chong.

Could you tell us exactly why you would like to meet expats in the places mentioned above?

Is it for friendship? Do you need specific information from them?

Feel free to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@Julien

My name is Bill. I am from USA (California) and am presently visiting Khao Yai. I will be here until September 13 2022. I would like to meet some expats in the Pak Chong/Khao Yai area. I am retired and am considering moving here. I would like to chat with those who have come from North America or Europe or anyone who speaks English.
@Cheryl

Thank  you for your reply.  I would like to know more  information regarding purchasing a home, renting a home, purchasing a car, health insurance, etc. Anything along those lines would help. I am in the Pak Chong/Khao Yai area until September 13 2022.

I have transportation ( a car) and am willing do drive a few miles/Kilometers to make contact. Bkk would be too far. Korat is possible. Also, of course, Pak Chong and Khao Yai.

@Shooterbill My name is Richard. I am from U.K(London) i am planning to get settled in Thailand . i will be retired from my services by the end of this year. I am willing to reach out someone from London or U.K and i am looking forward to start my business there related to visa process as you know it is very important document for international travellers 

Hello richardnathan654,

I invite you to start a new thread on the Thailand forum to ask your questions to other members as this thread is mainly for introductions only. 1f603.svg

Best of luck,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@Julien Hi all.
Andy reuben married living in Nam yuen. Ubon ratchathani. been here 8 years now.
Happily retired.

@andyreuben2003

Hello Andy
Welcome to the forum!
Eight years what took you so long, Lol

Best regards, Steve

Greetings to you all from New Zealand. I have been married to a Thai national for about 10 years. We have travelled back to Thailand at about 2-yearly intervals, although we had to give it a miss for a few years now thanks to good old Covid.
Currently the plan is to retire to Thailand in about 18 months. I have been busy trying to glean all the information I can from the local Thai embassy here in NZ and now I have discovered this forum I am very interested in finding out as much as I can regarding retirement visa types, rules and regs etc.

Well, I look forward to learning more from all you knowledgeable ex-pats.

Cheers

Alf

Hi I'm Amani originally from Yemen lived in Saudi all my life, and just arrived in Bangkok 3 days ago looking to meet and make new friends here.

Hello Amani,

Welcome to the Thailand forum!!

Can you tell us a bit more about you? Your plans, your work etc..

Also, do not hesitate to create new discussion on the Bangkok forum in case you have any questions.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@wlocke61 welcome...

I will starting my rx-pat life in Thailand in October 2020!

@YasuOhk ,

Nice to meet you Yasu. I shall be landing in Thailand in October of 2022. I am retired also I would love meet you & get to know you. I lived in Hawaii for many years.

Aloha

The Unknown Nomad!

Greetings to all new and old xpats!From Oliver/Ger in Udonthani.I have kept busy with swimming pools here in Thailand.

@Julien

Am Kwame Dei Essumang ,an entreprenuer and an online business coach from Ghana,West Africa.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

For newbies who don't have a clue how to go about with their expatriation project, please make sure you go through the articles of the Living in Thailand guide for expats. It contains several articles pertaining to expatriation (visa, formalities, jobs etc)

If you need more precise infos, feel free to start your own thread on the Thailand forum so that members can guide you.

All the best,

Bhavna

@Julien HI, my names steve, just got back from Thailand. Wife and I thinking about Hua Hin to retire. If anyone has any ideas about this plan, would appreciate your insight. TY

@wlocke61 welcome...
I will starting my rx-pat life in Thailand in October 2020!

-@Unknown Nomad

October 2020 was 2 years ago.

@sowo Looked at Phuket, looked at bangkok and at samut sakhon where wife is from. Not agreeing on those locations, i know cha-am pretty well but never looked closely at Hua Hin until now. It may be a good compromise. If anyone has opinions on location to buy house in Hua Hin?, or buy motorcycle or car? and health care? thanks

Hi everyone,

Me, the wife and 2 kids moved to Hua-Hin 18 months ago from the U.K. we had a house built here 2 years ago and are pretty much settled, the wife has a decent job but I'm kicking my heels a little bit now as I'm only 39 and there is only so much “chilling” one can do. So I'm looking for something to do work wise, I know the rules and regulations on what I can legally do but really don't want to be an English teacher as many will understand. Anyway I'll be glad to listen to any ideas or opportunities that people may be aware of.

Regards

David

Online currency trading is a possibility especially as the markets are so volatile .  Even changing cash locally can attract a tidy income . Will only take an hour or two a day but its a start

@Julien   Hello Julien.  I just wrote a bit in FRENCH because I thought that was the forum I signed on for.  Nothing against English speakers, of course, but I've lived 20 years in France and want to continue speaking French too.  Do you know how I can contact the French in Pattaya ?  Thank you in advance.  Bonnie Francce (yes, it's true.  My surname is France !!!)

Hello Blackeyfrancebonnie,

Welcome on board !

The website is in 5 languages. To switch language, you will find this option completely at the bottom of the page.

Anyway, here is the francophone Thailand forum https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4247

See you there,

Regards,

Bhavna

@sowo Looked at Phuket, looked at bangkok and at samut sakhon where wife is from. Not agreeing on those locations, i know cha-am pretty well but never looked closely at Hua Hin until now. It may be a good compromise. If anyone has opinions on location to buy house in Hua Hin?, or buy motorcycle or car? and health care? thanks
-@sowo

If you are looking to buy a bigger motorcycle then try siam handlebar big bike central Hua Hin not only do they sell bikes but you can hire them too wish i had known about them before i bought mine anyway good luck

Hello Rizla,

Your advice to sowo is much appreciated but this discussion is dedicated only for the introduction of new members.

It would be better if you could message sowo privately1f609.svg

Thanks,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien

My name is Fabio Leva and i live in pattaya since 14 years.Actually i am working for a logistic company but I am looking for a job like a real estate agent.

Best regards

Fabio Leva

Hello Fabio,

Welcome to expat.com!

What caused you to change your career?

If you are looking for more information, do not hesitate to create a new discussion on the Thailand forum.

We will try to help you as much as we can1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi
well, we made the move on july 14th and been here just over 2 months now and loving it.

Found an OK villa in Lamai until Feb 1st, going house-hunting for somewhere in Taling Ngam, Nathon or bang Por here next month - to secure for end January. Prefer the quiet side of the island - plus your money goes further and you get more house for your cash on that side.

Does anyone know any good property agents for that side?

looking for 12 month rental - 5 bedroom villa.

thanks

Mark

Name is Mark.

I'm planning to make the move to Koh Samui this summer between end June and August with my family. I'm waiting to finish up a few things here in the UK just before then so we can go.

I work remotely and am self-employed with my own software and consultancy companies, so relocating is not an issue and very preferable.

Research re visas and schools is already done and prepped, just diving into healthcare, finding a doctor+dentist+vet etc...
Property is pretty much researched - planning to rent for a year then buy or build, but want to get settled first....

Hoping to meet people here and hopefully do some research on the necessary remaining puzzle pieces for the move...
-@rhaegar2804

@Julien Hi guy's my name is Peter I plan to move to Thailand early next year what are the visa requirements

Hello Peter,

Welcome on board !

You will find all the information pertaining to visa in the Visas for Thailand article of the Expat Guide.

Should you have any question after reading the article, I suggest you read the threads of the Thailand forum or create your own thread to ask members for guidance.

All the best,

Bhavna

@Julien hi my name is Tony I'm from San Francisco USA and I've been married to a tie for over 25 years I wish to move to Thailand so I'd like a long term visa however I would like some agency to help me do the paperwork I live we have a home near Chana Wattena to no oh which is the immigration office and anyhow I'd rather do the thing I don't want to put up a bunch of money so I'd rather just Report every 90 days and go through the work since my retirement cover requirement.

@Julien Hi guy's my name is Peter I plan to move to Thailand early next year what are the visa requirements
-@pth1

You can get all info you need about visa requirements at the Thai embassy website in your home country.

The process is not difficult. You should be able to do it without hiring a third party. As "Leeds forever" says, just go onto the website and get the information: "https://thaievisa.go.th/non-immigrant-o". I came over on the Type O visa. My Thai wife and I went to the local immigration office in our area before my 90 days were up and talked to an immigration officer just to ask questions related to converting to a one year retirement visa. That was probably not necessary as the website is clear on the requirements. We just wanted to make sure that we did not overlook anything. He spent a lot of time with us and listed out all of the requirements. Again, that was probably not necessary but it did give us peace of mind.

The process is not difficult. You should be able to do it without hiring a third party. As "Leeds forever" says, just go onto the website and get the information: "https://thaievisa.go.th/non-immigrant-o". I came over on the Type O visa. My Thai wife and I went to the local immigration office in our area before my 90 days were up and talked to an immigration officer just to ask questions related to converting to a one year retirement visa. That was probably not necessary as the website is clear on the requirements. We just wanted to make sure that we did not overlook anything. He spent a lot of time with us and listed out all of the requirements. Again, that was probably not necessary but it did give us peace of mind.
-@rzugnoni

You did not convert your visa to a 1 year retirement visa. You extended your stay 1 year. You don't have a visa when in country, you're on a permission of stay.

@shops08middle Whatever you choose, the most important thing is to bring a Thai speaker with you, whether it's your wife or a paralegal. You really don't want to have to deal with Thai immigration without a native speaker.

Hi All,

Aussie bloke married to a Thai lady - we used to live together in Chiang Mai. We are currently living in Australia waiting for the age pension to start so that we can move back to Thailand with the Govt's permission (Aust system very restrictive).  Not sure where to live yet - will decide closer to the move.

Cheers - Bob. 

Hello AussiBob99,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for the introduction.

I should start by reading the Living in Thailand guide for expats. I am sure that the information in the articles will be very useful while planning on relocating to Thailand.

Should you have specific questions that you would like to discuss with other members, do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Thailand forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@shops08middle Whatever you choose, the most important thing is to bring a Thai speaker with you, whether it's your wife or a paralegal. You really don't want to have to deal with Thai immigration without a native speaker.
-@erawan2020

Immigration officers in more touristy locations speak ok english. Foreigners with bad english is a bigger problem. Bring a Thai gf/wife with you as an interpreter and I'm 100% sure you'll be more confused than if you went there yourself. Almost every larger immigration office has checklists with requirements for different type of applications.Several offices have websites where you can download a checklist. Requirements are basically the same all over the country,but with minor differences which is really important to know.

Closed