New members of the Indonesia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hello Folks

I am Richard, from the U.S. I have been in Indonesia for nearly 17 years.
I am an English Teacher.
I like taking long walks around town with my wife.
We also like roller skating, if there are any skaters here, look me up and let me know when and where, maybe we can have some skating refreshment.

Not sure what else to say, thanks for the opportunity to share.

Have a great day!

Hi Richard I'm Stuart. I'm not yet in Indonesia but in 4 years I will. Where are you living?  My wife and I bought a block of land in kota banjar. My build there if things work out. It's 10 hour drive from Jakarta I believe.

Hello Stuart.

I live in North Jakarta, Pluit.
Oh, ok Kota Banjar is between Bandung and Semarang.
I have lived in the city for far too long, we are thinking of packing it up and heading to Sumarta, Jambi, where my wife's family live.
Have you ever been to Jakarta?

Yes 8 times. My wife from there. I stayed for 4 weeks at a time. We rented out a unit for the month.  Crazy city is Jakarta. In 18 months if not sooner we come for 6 weeks. I spend a week in Bali go to Jakarta and then go to kota banjar to design our house n experience the city before heading home

stuartmacaulay1 wrote:

My wife and I bought a block of land in kota banjar. .

It would be illegal for you to own land in Indonesia. Make sure it's in your wife's name and tell anyone who asks you have a prenup saying all property is hers.

stuartmacaulay1 wrote:

It's 10 hour drive from Jakarta I believe.

The long drive is because there are no toll roads down there at the moment - That looks like it's going to change over the next few years. However, 6 or 7 hours depending on traffic and routes chosen is closer,

The land at moment is in her nephews name until we get over there. Then be transferred to my wife. I have been Bandung a few times but not past that. Really looking forward to seeing the place at banjar n getting feel for the place. Other than seeing a drone shot know nothing about it

stuartmacaulay1 wrote:

The land at moment is in her nephews name until we get over there. Then be transferred to my wife. I have been Bandung a few times but not past that. Really looking forward to seeing the place at banjar n getting feel for the place. Other than seeing a drone shot know nothing about it

Transfer might well require both people paying taxes - one to argue when you change the name in the green book.
That green book means everything as far as ownership is concerned, so make sure it has the right name and keep it somewhere safe.

Ok I take that on board.

Hi Stuart,

My wife and I also have a similar situation, but in Jambi.
My wife's family has properties and some of them are not in her name.
As my understanding of the martial law that says you cannot legally acquire new properties after marriage.
I'm a bit confused about this idea and how to get around it, if it even can be.

Any advise or experience in this matter, Stuart?

BTW we did make a pre-nup agreement.

If you have a prenup that states you have no rights to any land she owns in Indonesia, you're fine.
However, owning the building isn't an issue.

In reality, the chances of anyone taking land in your spouse's name off you is minimal to zero, so don't get too worried.

Hello everyone :)

My name is Rashed, and I'm very excited to be in Bali soon after 3 years without a visit!

So, Myself and my partner (my wife, Indonesian) are planning to do some business there, we are open for all ideas and thoughts as we are brainstorming and gathering information  now until December.

Ideas should cost maximum $100,000

I would love to know what you all think and advice :)

Thank you,

https://www.cekindobusinesscenter.com/b … esia-facts

The minimum investment capital to set up a PT PMA in Indonesia is IDR 10 billion (700,000 usd) to all business sectors. And the minimum paid-up capital is 25% of the minimum investment capital. However, the minimum investment value and its paid-up capital do not include the buildings and lands of the PT PMA.

That's you short by 600,000, but there's nothing stopping your Indonesian wife starting a PT and employing you ... or not employing you as long as you work out of sight.

A wife sponsored KITAS is commonly a smooth process.

Thank you Fred, I'm in touch actually with Cekindo. I just wanted some business ideas.

The link shouldn't be seen as a recommendation for Cekindo as I have no idea who they are, or if they're any good.

Noted Fred,
They are a business consultant as any business consultant. We are planning for a PT.

There are many options available and we would like to narrow down the options and see if you guys have some ideas from experience to share.

I will start a new topic better

Looking at leasing land and building villa with rental section for paying mates and live in one section full time
This would show as income
I would employ various local staff cleaner gardener cook etc
I would want long term resident status
I am 68 and basically retired with sizeable cash in bank but no pension also a silent partner if more investment needed
Would this qualify for the KITAS Visa

russellthornley3622 wrote:

Looking at leasing land and building villa with rental section for paying mates and live in one section full time
This would show as income
I would employ various local staff cleaner gardener cook etc
I would want long term resident status
I am 68 and basically retired with sizeable cash in bank but no pension also a silent partner if more investment needed
Would this qualify for the KITAS Visa

That sounds like a foreign owned company so it may be legal as long as you run it as a PT PMA. However, the minimum required investment is large so it may not be viable.
Depending upon how much you have and other factors, a retirement visa may be easier - but no work in RI is allowed with one of them.

Hi there, i am peter from germany.  thankx for this wonderfull forum.

@Julien Hello I'm Nicholas 28 yo, I'm half Italian and half Indonesian, I lived in Bali till I was 5 yo then I had to move to Italy but in mind I always wanted to come back because I'm tired of western lifestyle. I'd like to live in Jakarta where I have my indonesian family. The questions are, how do I find a job without knowing the lenguage( I forgot it when I moved to Italy), I'm not degreed and I wanna know if is possible to find a job. I had double passport but my indonesian passport is expired , I know according to Indonesian laws is not possible having double nationality, is it possible to renew my indonesian passport hiding my Italian passport ?  Please hel me 🙏

Don't hide your Italian passport, start at immigration and tell them your situation. I gather there's a process for you to regain your Indonesian citizenship, but you lose your Italian one.
@Julien
Hello my name is Philippe. I'm french from Orleans. I have been living in Solo, Indonesia since 2008 when I started to teach English in language school.
I like to travel locally, hiking mountains, running and riding my bike. Occasionally I go swimming. I also enjoy photography which I combine with flying drones, though I'm still an amateur.
I plan on getting married in the next few months.
Thank you for letting me in.
@Fred
Hello Fred.
May I ask how you became WNI?
Thank you.
Phil
@Fred
Hello Fred.
May I ask how you became WNI?
Thank you.
Phil
- @n121pm

Spend 5 years in Indonesia continually  on a KITAS / KITAP, or 10 years on and off.
Start the process with immigration
Hi community friends,

I am currently based in Singapore. I have been travelling to and fro from Singapore to Indonesia. Recently I am interested in purchasing business. Any interested parties can drop me a private message.

@danny.jing.an if possible could you describe the type of ventures you are seeking to purchase?  Thanks!

@RashedAlqemzi

Hi, you can build tennis academy, or you can start to be property development for small level, bali and lombok is a potential area.. 😀👌

I'm Harald and already member since July.

Up to now, I successfully ignored introducing myself, as I always had other things in my mind. I hope no one is angry with me.

Now let's start introducing:

I'm still Harald,

since covid (04.2020) I'm mainly trapped in Germany. Before I worked in SE-Asia as electrical construction manager in industrial constructions.

I have friends there and visited Indonesia several times over the weekend, until the virus killed travelling.

I was in Jakarta in June for a fortnight and come again in October for a two months holiday.

Thank you guys, stay safe and enjoy your weekend

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f60a.svg

Some off-topic posts have been removed.

Please note that if you are looking for a job, you should post your CV in the Jobs in Indonesia section only.

Do not forget that the forum is for information exchange. For example, tips on how to get a job or about everyday life in this country. 1f604.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Richard Jones60

Nice to meet you Richard. I assume you are in Jakarta. If I were closer I would love to roller skate. But, I live in Belitung. I have been here for three years  and opened a restaurant 1 years ago. Here snorkeling, hiking and cycling are my fav's.

Lynn

Hello! My name is Victoria, my family and I arrived half a year ago, we thought we had come for a couple of months, but decided to stay for a year or two or ....) I am the founder of a startup - LIFEUM - a life extension and health optimization service. I'm thinking of launching a project in Bali. Our product will be useful for expats, as medicine is weak in Bali.

@Richard Jones60 Hi Richard, my name is Ibby I am married to an Indonesian and I am looking to relocate from the UK. I have experience of working in schoolsas a TA and a highly qualified Football (Soccer) Coach, any advice?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Ibby

Hi Folks, what is the process for an Indonesian Working Sponsor Visa and costs?

Thanks

Hello! My name is Victoria, my family and I arrived half a year ago, we thought we had come for a couple of months, but decided to stay for a year or two or ....) I am the founder of a startup - LIFE UM - a life extension and health optimization service. I'm thinking of launching a project in Bali. Our product will be useful for expats, as medicine is weak in Bali.
-@Vikilexx

I see three issues:

You insulted Bali healthcare

You will have a hell of a time setting up a healthcare company legally on the island

The product sounds like one more of those scam, load of old rubbish, quack Vitamins & Supplements things we see from time to time ....... and it doesn't google

Apart from anything else, you would have to set up a PT PMA to do it legally.... if that's possible at all.

Hi ,

Im James ,I am soon to become an expat in Indonesia ( ponorogo area , East Java) . I am married to an Indonesian citizen and we plan to settle and live there permanently. Obviously she wil be able to support me quite well during my expat life , however it would be great to have the support of this site and forum too .

Regards

James

@Julien

I live in the UK . Want to visit Bali for 4 weeks with the mrs. Want to rent a flat or house privately from someone . For 4 weeks . can you comment on this idea . Thanks .

@Julien
I live in the UK . Want to visit Bali for 4 weeks with the mrs. Want to rent a flat or house privately from someone . For 4 weeks . can you comment on this idea . Thanks .
-@soni77

It is possible to rent places short term but the price may be 'premium' (cost a bomb in non-estate agent speak).

A quick Google search will get you some ideas for everything up to a villa.

The idea has the disadvantage of you being stuck in one area rather than allowing to to explore the island, or other parts of Indonesia).

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1012840

Thanks!

Closed