New members of the Brazil forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Went to the PF in Niteroi today to get my Protocol for my VitemXI (family reunion). 

Didn't have an appointment (couldn't make one on-line). 

Didn't need any documents translated nor an FBI apostilled criminal report (the local Houston one I used at the consulate was sufficient).

Also, I had paid 2 fees but only needed one so off to Banco Brasil for a refund tomorrow, as well as to Receita Federal for details on moving stuff here.   

Appears the only caveat on the visa is I can't be outside of Brazil for more than 2 consecutive

years.   It will be somewhere around 30 days or more to get the permanent card but ok to come/go with the temporary

Hello -I bought investment property in Sao Paulo and I spend about 2 months a year in Brazil not including the pandemic years. I am not a Brazilian citizen or resident. I need someone who can help pay my local bills in Sao Paulo (condo fee, Claro NET cable, Electricity and IPTU). The person who had been helping me for last 3 years is no longer in SP and not able to help.  Does anyone on this forum know someone in SP who is honest and can help in my situation? My property in located in Brooklin area.

Thanks in advance!

@Julien I'm  Namatovu hadijah from  uganda and in Uganda  now  I would  like to visit Brazil and work from there

Hello Hadijah,

Welcome to expat.com!

Do you speak Portuguese?

In which sector would you like to work?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

12/05/22 Welcome, Hadijah!  Please browse through our forums:  there's a lot of information on living in Brazil there.  If you have specific questions, post them in the forums, and we'll do our best to answer them. 

@mjgk Hi, planning to visit Brazil too next year. Pleasure connecting with you

@rraypo Hey. Coming to Brazil too. Let's connect

Hi,

I work for  the Pennsylvania State Department for 30 years. I plan to retire December of 2024 and travel.

Hello cliftonvassell231,

Welcome to expat.com!

Feel free to create a new discussion on the Brazil forum in case you have any questions1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

12/12/22 Welcome, cliftonvassell231!  There's plenty to see and do in Brazil, and your timing couldn't be better.  Tourism and transportation were very hard-hit by the covid pandemic, but they're starting to recover.  Cruiseships have returned to the Amazon, airline routes are being restored, and most restrictions on vaccinated travelers have been lifted.  Things will probably get easier through 2023, and when you're ready to come, Brazil will be ready for you. 

Hello -I bought investment property in Sao Paulo and I spend about 2 months a year in Brazil not including the pandemic years. I am not a Brazilian citizen or resident. I need someone who can help pay my local bills in Sao Paulo (condo fee, Claro NET cable, Electricity and IPTU). The person who had been helping me for last 3 years is no longer in SP and not able to help. Does anyone on this forum know someone in SP who is honest and can help in my situation? My property in located in Brooklin area.
Thanks in advance!
-@Sampa_Brooklin

I know where Brooklin is, the problem is have you left any Brazilian banking account  to provide funds for these payments???

Either that, or your will need to have a recipient to wire money, and being able to print the bill's Boletos.

Most providers can send you the bolets through e-mail if you have configured for so. 

Boletos have bar codes that can be scanned at Banking ATMS, if your debit account has funds ( which also forces you to relinquish the account access to strangers ). 

The right way would be to have money wired directly to the billing party, but this is something i doubt they are equipped to handle. 

Hi,
I work for the Pennsylvania State Department for 30 years. I plan to retire December of 2024 and travel.
-@cliftonvassell231

Retiring snowbird huh????

You are welcomed to come, but, there are easier South American destinations to sort yourself out. 

i shouldn't say this, as I am in Real Estate.  That's like shooting myself on the foot.  There are cool Vloggers on  Youtube raving about their choice of destination . Ecuador, for instance, with "Amelia And JP" ( that is actually their channel namesake ). 

And I remember seeing an expat who went to Uruguay  on a Kirsten Dirksen youtube channel. Some hippie chick who made her money as a photographer settled there and bought a small hacienda.

And then in Southern Brazil this cute young couple making their rounds and you can see them at    "Minha Pequena Revolução" Channel 

And off course loads of Mexico Videos from different Vloggers.  There is huge retiree community in Mexico ( estimates varies from 750,000 to 1-1/2 million living there ).

if you chose Brazil, words of advice.....

Short of Southern States ( from Parana and South ), ,most seaside communities, specially the smaller ones, tend to lack good health care infra-structure. Not being unfair towards Brazil's Northeast States ( thing have changed there, but the perception lingers ).

Avoid Rio.  It's a cesspool of crime and anti social folks.  And their health care stinks. 

So try to make some compromises  living in a place where healthcare infrastructure is sound, and if you must be close by the shore, on a 60-100 miles radius.   That might get you both of the best worlds. 

|i am from the greater Sao Paulo Metro , and retiring Expats don't come here. No point to sing praises about my place.   Not a paradisiac place,  more likely a place to earn a living.

If you are from Central Pennsylvania, then you will more than likely appreciate the various communities in Santa Catarina, or Parana ( Curitiba would be an interesting bet ).  You would feel right at home there. 

Best of luck.

|i am from the greater Sao Paulo Metro , and retiring Expats don't come here. No point to sing praises about my place.  Not a paradisiac place, more likely a place to earn a living.

Best of luck.
-@sprealestatebroker

That's interesting, I am a retired American, and have a place on Rua Frei Caneca, in the middle of downtown SP, a couple of blocks off of Ave Paulista. As a foreign retiree, there is everything there, and everything within walking distance, let alone buses and subways to anywhere, the best medical care in the country, universities everywhere, to study anything...

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013402

Thanks!

Closed