Saying Hello........Hola.......and want to talk cars

Before we leave the US we want to get a car and tour the US a bit, then send the car to Panama.  BUT - what kind of car??  To tow a camper in the US, it needs to be substantial.  What kind of car repair availability are we looking at in Panama??  After all, we don't want a Jeep that no one can fix....

So, how is auto service down South :)

Thanks!

Hi and welcome on board VictoriaT!

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Armand
Let's say that a mechanic is not a problem in Panama. Spares, is what  make you stack for ages in Panama. So most common cars that are sold in Panama have no problems.

Flavio

Hi, my GF is from Panama and I have visited there. From what I could see, there are dealers in Panama city of just about every major auto maker present in the US market.  I think that if you purchase a fairly recent vehicle in the US you will be fine in Panama.  There is a huge Ford dealership in Panama city, there is also a Chevrolet dealer and a Dodge dealer there.  Toyota is ubiquitous as well as Honda, Nissan etc. 

I think that unless you buy an older US vehicle, like a 1987 suburban or a 1991 dodge truck, you should be OK.  In any case, you can buy the part in Miami online and have it shipped to Panama fairly quickly should you run into a snag.

Take care

We will be in panama city and el Valle sept.15th ,,any filipinos ou there we can get hold of? Thanks
Cara