Thoughts on renting a car

I am coming to the Boquete / David area for a few days. any thoughts on renting a car vs a driver? will be going to Conception/Volcan/Boquete/David

You can take buses and taxis everywhere. It just takes more time. If you want to rent a lot of people use Cowboy Dave in Boquete. Otherwise there are the usual familiar companies. Keep in mind that the required insurance can cost as much or more than the car.

Don't take a rental car to Bocas. it will only sit in a parking lot while you are on the islands. Don't drink the water over there either.

I know a good driver in Panama City, and another in Chiriqui if you decide to go that route. https://blog.thepanamaadventure.com/201 … in-panama/

Thanks. and sorry - I meant Boquete, but i spent a lot of time in Bocas so I get them crossed from time to time. Basically the itinerary is to go from the airport to Santa Rosa, we'd probably bounce between Santa Rosa and Boquete a few times. So if you have a number for a driver in the David area I can ask what they would charge/day.

Is Santa Rosa on the road up to Boquete? I've passed the sign many times, or I think there is another one above Concepcion.

Talk with Eduardo about driving you. His info is in the page I shared. https://blog.thepanamaadventure.com/201 … in-panama/ He's a good guy to know for many things.

Personally I would prefer to rent a car locally to travel and explore between Boquete and Volcan (and up to Cerro Punta), and to explore the many neighbourhoods/communities surrounding Boquete.

Hello House. Just want to tell you that I Like your questions as much as I love Kris's answers. I assume some of us are almost there.....B.T.W. I've been reading "Happier than a ......." from Costa Rica. Similar entrance requirements. But as always taken with a grain of salt....Ciao.

I rent a porsche boston and a scooter in Cozumel. It is a small island and you can travel almost anywhere with the scooter, but when we rented the car it was because we were a family of 5.
Had a great time, can't wait to go back.
Remember to check the local transit laws.