Withdrawn Initial Offer

Hello,

I applied for a Computer Science teaching role with the ESE way back in May 2021.

I submitted my CV, completed an online assessment test > then had a video interview with the hiring staff for the ESE. Nice gentleman got on well when I was asked to demo a lesson. I received an initial offer but it was later withdrawn. The last part was painstaking long it took nearly 4 months.

The agency confirmed it was withdrawn but not reason was given apart from either, failed pre-employment checks (everything was submitted) or final review by Senior Management that didn't want to give a final offer.

I don't mind the rejection but frustrating as no reason was given, I had to pay for a DBS check and other documents and a lack of clarity has put me off applying again to other destinations.

Can anyone provide any insight to a similar experience, that would be amazing. Thanks

was it Mr Kjartan rugby the Hr then??

It was also Kjartan who interviewed from the very beginning. I received my Initial offer last month but I did not hear anything from them since I submitted all the required documents. 
I can't imagine your frustration after they withdraw your initial offer. 😥

hellowork wrote:

It was also Kjartan who interviewed from the very beginning. I received my Initial offer last month but I did not hear anything from them since I submitted all the required documents. 
I can't imagine your frustration after they withdraw your initial offer. 😥

I can't remember the interviewer's name but if I'm being honest don't have high-hopes as they're changing the structure of the programme. Unfortunately, the senior management have an archaic view of the teachers/teaching in the modern age. It usually takes a couple of months to get a reply back. End of the day it is ESE who make the final decision regardless.

I am waiting from last year for recruitment. They asked for my details again in September and no news after that. I fit into all the new eligibility criteria of ESE, still they have not contacted me yet.

actually kjartan is the human resource officer and he is the one who sent me assessment schedule and the result . Then the interview date. Finally when he came alone for the interview I was shocked as how come an hr will recruit a candidate without the subject experts?Just imagine even a low salary school ( say for example 3000 dhs salary) will hire you only after going through an interview in which atleast one person (not the Hr) (principal, HoD, Head of section, supervisor etc) will be there to do the interview … and here for minimum 16000 dhs salary The Hr comes… Hilarious😄/  If he alone has done the interview then it is just for name sake .. may be they need to show some data that these many interviews have been done so far or so .. dont know what is behind.. God knows

Souldavid wrote:

actually kjartan is the human resource officer and he is the one who sent me assessment schedule and the result . Then the interview date. Finally when he came alone for the interview I was shocked as how come an hr will recruit a candidate without the subject experts?Just imagine even a low salary school ( say for example 3000 dhs salary) will hire you only after going through an interview in which atleast one person (not the Hr) (principal, HoD, Head of section, supervisor etc) will be there to do the interview … and here for minimum 16000 dhs salary The Hr comes… Hilarious😄/  If he alone has done the interview then it is just for name sake .. may be they need to show some data that these many interviews have been done so far or so .. dont know what is behind.. God knows

That's true - no formal demo took place simply 5-10 minutes describing how I would present a lesson. I would've expected a fellow teacher evaluating me etc. But even then they request documents which takes time & money. Other institutions there have been a few people overwatching tbe interview process.