Moving to spain

i have a recent conviction for fraud will this stop me from being able to go and live in spain

If coming from the USA, you need FBI background check and fingerprints!!!

I would think you will have no chance getting your Visa.

On the contrary it may just qualify you for a government job 👍

As long as your conviction does not involve a violent crime, it will not disqualify you.  If you were a bank robber, arsonist, or paid assassin in your former life, it will disqualify you.  But if you were arrested for marijuana possession, crossing the street on a red light, or a very old offense, you may still qualify.  If you were convicted of a white-collar crime (such as computer hacking and wire fraud), the government will probably want to hire you.

While I am not a legal  expert in this area, I think the term “recent” would be an issue getting a visa.  Now, if you are simply traveling as tourist, I don't think the issue would come up.

Best thing is to check with la Oficina de Extranjería and ask them......

Extranjeria would be the last I would ask because friend, you will be "fichado" for ever. You need to get a private check done to see if you're on police files internationally. Don't ask me how this is done because I've never been there but there must be an agency out there that can check it for you. Will cost €€€€

Depends on the type of residency's permit taht you need. Some permit does not require background checks / criminal records.
You need to find out if you can apply for some permit which is not requiring the back ground checks.
Pinera del Olmo

How does it work if you are divorced and want to move to Spain with young children. We have no clue where their father is.  Will this be a problem?

You need authorisation from the Judge if you are sharing custody, If not, you can freely move with them

Maria de Castro
Costaluz Lawyers

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Kindly share information without promoting your services.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct