Moving to Mauritius solo

Hello everybody,

Moving to Mauritius is a challenge in itself, but even more when you decide to go alone. If this was your case when you arrived, we would like you to share your experience. It might help other people who are also preparing for this new life in Mauritius.

Do you have any tips for people who are about to move to Mauritius on their own? Is the country suitable, for instance, for a single woman?

What was your state of mind when you arrived in Mauritius?

What type of accommodation did you choose: house-share, self-contained accommodation or apartment complex?

How did your integration go once settled? Do you think that being alone made it easier to make friends?

Did you encounter any particular difficulties, being alone when you arrived? If you had to do it all over again, would you take a chance?

Thank you for your contribution!

Cheryl,
Expat.com team

I'm moving to Mauritius as a single female next year and would love to hear the stories of those that have given this a try.

Hello Cheryl,
I lived a long overseas before returning to my home country so did not have to face all the difficulties of new comers.
However I would be happy to help if it is with my possibilities.  you may contact me on ***
regards
jp

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct