Expats kids in Bodrum

Hello everyone,

My name is Stacey and I'm new to the forum. My family and I moved to Bodrum in July and are really enjoying life here. The only downside is not having the opportunites for my children to make new friends. The language is still new to us, so it will take more time.

Are there many families in Bodrum? Do you do meet ups/activities? If so I would love to know more, my children are 6, 7, 10 and 11.

Warm regards

Hello Stacey,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I hope it won't take you too much time to get acquainted with other families.

While waiting for other parents with kids to respond, I would suggest that you have a look at the places mentioned in the following article: Things to do in Istanbul alone or with your family.

In the meantime, you can still take your children out for the activities recommended for a fun outing. Incidentally, you may meet more families also partaking in these activities this way. :)

Good luck,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hi!

what school do your children attend

@Gamze Sara allied school educators

Hi Stacy :)

We're new to the forum, as well. Nice to meet you!

My daughter (just turned 13) and I are moving to Bodrum in February, from Ann Arbor, US. We're looking in the forums for the same reason you are: trying to connect with others in the area. Have you had any luck since your post in finding any expats in Bodrum?

Feel free to drop a message or reply to the post and maybe we can all meet for coffee once we're settled :)

Now that you've been there a while, how do you like it? One thing we were concerned about was the winter season - seems to be quite empty...

• Sean

@staceyhassani

Hi Stacey,

I moved here in July with my family as well. Kids 12 and 16. Mine are at Marmara Koleji, which is a wonderful school, but middle school is instructed in Turkish only and there's been a struggled for my 12 year old to adapt so I'm thinking of homeschooling him. Just curios what you've been doing for school?

Hope you're move has been going well!

🙂Sasha