New To The Forum

Hello everybody,
My wife and I retired from the US two years ago and moved to Pontevedra, Galicia. It has been fantastic because to the proximity to Rias Baixas, the beaches, mointains and forests. The seafood the best and we have great places to visit. The only thing missing are English speakers to share experiences. My wife and I do speak English and Spanish but we will love to hear from nearby Expatriates in our region. Let's hope many of you around the area will contact us.

Hi RetiredUSA,

Welcome to Expat.com and thank you for sharing your expatriation experience with us.

I hope that you will soon make some new acquaintances and meet English speakers.

Thanks and take care,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Thank you Priscilla, we know there isn't that many expats in Galicia but we are hopeful!!!

Hi there, Also a new member. Seriously considering a move  close to Pontevedra... in fact should have been travelling with my husband from our home in SW France today to view a property....Had to postpone due to weather conditions en route.

Disappointed of course as this was our window of opportunity most likely before Christmas but we will be visiting soon.

We are Sandy and Mike..sort of retired English ex pats ...so there may be an opportunity to meet up for a coffee and a chat...in English at some time in the future?

Whatever....pleased to meet you remotely!.....

Hi. Pleased to met you
I do not know when I will be going as yet. But, it is definitely something out of the ordinary for me.

Hi..I replied to you a few weeks ago after we had to abandon our trip.We are in the area from 24th to 27th..a flying visit.....happy to meet up if you were free ..just a coffee and a chat maybe...

Sandy and Mike.