License renewal

Looking for some help about renewing my Thai drivers license. Went out to the place and was shut down due to covid. Now I seen on another site you can sign up for online appointment but you need a Thailand ID which I don't have. One place wants 3500 baht to do which I think is a little steep I got the money just want to do it myself.

MKeil52 wrote:

Looking for some help about renewing my Thai drivers license. Went out to the place and was shut down due to covid. Now I seen on another site you can sign up for online appointment but you need a Thailand ID which I don't have. One place wants 3500 baht to do which I think is a little steep I got the money just want to do it myself.

The old drivers license is valid until the offices opens again. Just relax and wait.

Hi,

I am Thai.
Yes, you can book it online to renew your driving license.

Also from the application DLT smart queue, passport is allowed to use as well.

From first page of the App,
Choose the lower button that
พาสปอร์ต(passport) with Glob icon  was shown.

Hope it helps

[img align=L]jph[/img]

I do not know how to attach screenshot here. :(

MKeil52 wrote:

Here's a link with info from the DLT:

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnew … -30-365304

MKeil52 wrote:

Another link to a Pattaya News article from today:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/03/d … september/

Unfortunately the passport option on the DLT Smart Queue does not work, at least not on my android device.
Maybe if you know a Thai national who can use their Thai ID and go along to the "appointment" with you.
You could buy them lunch and more for the 3500THB you have been quoted.
You've done the process before so to know the system and the costs involved.

TwistedKiwi63 wrote:

Unfortunately the passport option on the DLT Smart Queue does not work, at least not on my android device.
Maybe if you know a Thai national who can use their Thai ID and go along to the "appointment" with you.
You could buy them lunch and more for the 3500THB you have been quoted.
You've done the process before so to know the system and the costs involved.

You never pay more than the normal fee. There's nothing wrong with the system.

I seen that but they are asking for a ID number which I don't have only a passport and retirement visa.