Help with Perm Res Retirement letter

I see I need to write a letter to the consulate when I apply for my Permanent Residence/Retired.  I would kill for an example form or even a copy of the one you use (of course the important info covered) so I do this right.

Thanks all.

Dear MexicoAfterLife,

There are many consultants who assist foreigners in Mexico with the Visa application process.  Consultants are located in many cities throughout Mexico.

I suggest that you find a professional unless you are fluent in Spanish.

Here are a couple of services:

https://mexlaw.com/obtaining-temporary- … in-mexico/http://www.soniadiaz.mx/immigration---visas.html

Best of luck!
Melanie

Thanks for the info.

MexicoAfterlife wrote:

I see I need to write a letter to the consulate when I apply for my Permanent Residence/Retired.  I would kill for an example form or even a copy of the one you use (of course the important info covered) so I do this right.

Thanks all.

Welcome to ex-pat Mexico forum  afterlife,

So what are you trying to accomplish? If you are seeking a residente permanente you don't need a letter to do it. You just have to talk to the Mexican counsel in your state about if your personal income will facilitate that. They decide if you qualify for it.

If you are seeking to become a Mexican citizen. I believe you still need a letter but that may have changed.  The R.P. sort of allows you to be a permanent resident, not a citizen.
If you want to have all the official rights and responsibilities of a citizen then that's another thing. Are you giving up your U.S.? citizenship?.

No just perm res not citizenship. I just read a how too and they said I needed this letter. Also the consulate web page for Denver said I needed it too.  I really want to get this done in 1 trip. It's a 3.5 hour each way from way up here in the mountains.

But if you have done it and you didn't need it I guess I should be safe.  We meet the monthly retirement income from VA from me and my wife and SSDI because of a work injury. 

Love my high mountain life here in Colorado but have to leave the city folks are moving in mass up here and making rent go thru the roof!

I hear you! We have our appointment on Sept 22nd for our perm res. We live in the Glenwood Springs area and it's crazy expensive. As far as the letter, we made ours short and sweet. It basically said that we are requesting permanent residency in Mexico and that with such residency we understand that we are not allowed to work. It also states the address where we will be located once we move. I really don't think it need to be some fancy in depth letter. Best of luck to all of us!

Was it in English or did you translate it?

Thanks I will type one up then. I'll just treat it as a job purposal letter.

So here is what Mexico has to say about your question. straight from their official page, and in English.  https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/leamington … ident-visa
It looks like there are no notable changes. I don't know who you talked with, but I would stick with what Mexico itself has to say.

Well, that is what Mexico has to say from the Mexican Consulate in Canada. Each and every Consulate has different requirements for some strange reason. The one in Denver Colorado where this person will be applying requires much less in monetary requirements than Canada (Almost $60k difference US but also requires a letter stating the persons desire to reside in Mexico. My suggestion for anyone wishing to move permanently to Mexico is to visit the website for the consulate in their area for the requirements of that state.

From Denver Consulate website.

One (1) letter addressed to the Consulate requesting permanent residency in Mexico indicating city/town where you are planning to live, address in Mexico and travel date. The letter must state that you are aware that as a holder of this kind of visa you are not allowed to work in Mexico.

They are a little different, but they follow the countries direction or they should be doing so. If it were me I would point to what the country says.

Here is the link to information on the website of the consulate of Mexico in San Diego, California:

consulmex.sre.gob.mx/sandiego/index.php/visas/visas-eng

I thought it was interesting to note that they require an actual physical address on your bank statements.

Bank statements with PO boxes for addresses are not acceptable

Glad mine does not we have been full-time RVers for almost 6 years now.

My theory in a situation like this is you can not have to much paper and documents. If the MX sites say you need a letter , do it. Also if MX site says original document and one copy, make 2/3 copies. If it says 6 months of bank / financial statements, take one year's worth.