Calling fellow Singaporeans

Cruiserseth wrote:
rambo4 wrote:
Cruiserseth wrote:

Will likely be in District 1... Do come

23RD i cant do it. will be in spore. very sorry miss the chance of meeting you guys.

Its ok Kok Leong. We will probably do this once a month so you can join us the next month... Have a great trip back home... ^_^

alrite man you enjoy too bro.

Seriously.. There are tons of Singaporeans here.. :P I've been here 6 mths now and already meet/ hang out with at least a dozen of them. THose that I know have been here for at least 3-7 yrs.

Btw.. My name is Edwin. Staying at Dist Binh Thanh, near D1.

Cheers

hi there,
but where r all the singaporeans?? everyone tells me tat there r many sg companies  here but where r the pple??? is there any particular area where s'poreans gather or stay?? i have been here since march n it was REALLY hard for me for the first 6 mths.. now it gets better cos i learn to close BOTH eyes n pretend i'm blind, for instance, whenever i see pple peeing along the streets, n whenenever i'm being taken the long route by taxi drivers n being charged higher than others in the markets..., yes, i can make a big fuss at the drivers n stuff.. but i ask myself... can i do it everyday?? i dun want spoil my day like tat everyday.. i have stayed overseas long term before, this country is a kind of its own.. this country is diff, somewat... the sg consulate basically offers no help at all too.....

cedwin wrote:

Seriously.. There are tons of Singaporeans here.. :P I've been here 6 mths now and already meet/ hang out with at least a dozen of them. THose that I know have been here for at least 3-7 yrs.

Cheers

Hi Edwin, so u wanna join us this Sunday for the gathering??

hi...managed to stumble into this forum while searching for some info. The name is Winston and I have been in HCMC for coming to 6 yrs. Hope to be able to catch up with you guys soon...

Hi Winston, welcome to this forum.  Nice to see the number of members grow.  So would u like to join us for the gathering this Sunday?

ykk - you sound so sore with this country. Chill mate. Take things with a pinch of salt here and you don't get so agitated.

Cruiser - Sunday? Where? I can't confirm yet but will wana join if schedule permits.

Cruiserseth wrote:

Hi Winston, welcome to this forum.  Nice to see the number of members grow.  So would u like to join us for the gathering this Sunday?

Thanks for the invite and I would love to but unfortunatly I already have prior committments. Maybe next time...

Reaper wrote:

hi...managed to stumble into this forum while searching for some info. The name is Winston and I have been in HCMC for coming to 6 yrs. Hope to be able to catch up with you guys soon...

thats pretty cool 6yrs. do you know any good places that sell nice singaporean food?

cedwin wrote:

Cheers

welcome to this forum edwin. hope we can make more friends here.

Hey guys,

There is a monthly meeting for expats living in Ho Chi Minh city this evening,starting at 7pm in an Italian restaurant in Dist 1.Its a free entrance me think.It is organized by a forum for international expats called internations.org.I think its a great chance for us to expand our network and make some new friends around here,there are many Singaporean coming as well me think.I can send you an invitation for that forum if you want to read the full description of the event.

Anyway,if you are interested in the event,drop me some line here .I am fairly new to that website as well so im a bit afraid of going on my own.So it would be cool if we can form a small group before ;)

Hello,

You could organise an Expat.com meet up in Ho Chi Minh City. You just have to suggest a place, date and time. We will stick the topic for more visibility on the forum. ;)

thats a great idea.will make a plan when I have some free time then post on later.Thanks a lot for suggesting,Christine ;)

cedwin wrote:

ykk - you sound so sore with this country. Chill mate. Take things with a pinch of salt here and you don't get so agitated.

Cruiser - Sunday? Where? I can't confirm yet but will wana join if schedule permits.

Hi Edwin, the below is my proposed programme for this Sunday:

Proposed programme:

12.00pm - Dim sum lunch at New World Hotel (180,000VND++) or at buffet at Renaissance Riverside Hotel (USD16++)
2.00pm - Coffee at New World/Renaissance Riverside Hotel Lobby Lounge or at Gloria Jeans , Dong Khoi
4.00pm - Bowling at Parkson, District 1
6.00pm - Dinner at Rex Hotel, Rooftop Garden (awesome view and great live band)

The above itinerary is just a proposal so feel free to suggest other activities as I have only been in Vietnam for 8 months and its been mostly work.  So I may not know some of the really interesting places which some of you who have been here longer might know.

Do join us if your schedule permits yah.  Hope to see you this Sunday.  ^_^

Reaper wrote:
Cruiserseth wrote:

Thanks for the invite and I would love to but unfortunatly I already have prior committments. Maybe next time...

Hi Winston, its a pity you could not join us this Sunday.  But we will probably be planning a gathering once a month so you can join us for the next one ok.

LATEST UPDATE

Attending:

1. Gilbert Cruiserseth)
2. Owen (owenkhoo) - pls PM me your mobile number
3. Ken (kenmura) - pls PM me your mobile number
4. Andrew (andrewong2024)
5. Hue (Hue1964)
6. Yong (ykk)
7. Gilbert's friend 1
8. Gilbert's friend 2
9. (esoong8422) - pls PM me your mobile number
10. esoong8422's friend

Not Attending:

1. (dopey)
2. Kok Leong (rambo 4)
3. Winston (Reaper)

Probable attendee/s:

1. Edwin (cedwin)

Proposed programme:

12.00pm - Dim sum lunch at New World Hotel (180,000VND++) or at buffet at Renaissance Riverside Hotel (USD16++)
2.00pm - Coffee at New World/Renaissance Riverside Hotel Lobby Lounge or at Gloria Jeans , Dong Khoi
4.00pm - Bowling at Parkson, District 1
6.00pm - Dinner at Rex Hotel, Rooftop Garden (awesome view and great live band)

The above itinerary is just a proposal so feel free to suggest other activities as I have only been in Vietnam for 8 months and its been mostly work.  So I may not know some of the really interesting places which some of you who have been here longer might know. 

Please input whatever suggestions you have to make this gathering a really GREAT one!!  Thanks guys...

Hi Gilbert, what is your cell phone number? just in case of unforeseen drama.. Thanks/esther

hi Gilbert,, sorry to miss out this important thing... my cell phone number is 097 269 9876.  thanks

rambo4 wrote:
Reaper wrote:

thats pretty cool 6yrs. do you know any good places that sell nice singaporean food?

It would be the usual suspects.

Lion City Restaurant.
Bombay - Dong Du
Nonya Place - Dong Du
Chinese Restaurants all over HCMC
Satay House on Nguyen Van Troi st.

Let me go dig out my little book of addresses.

esoong4822 wrote:

hi Gilbert,, sorry to miss out this important thing... my cell phone number is 097 269 9876.  thanks

Thanks Esther. My mobile number is 0989158759/0938319933.

hi indian food.  Mumtaz is good too... can try this tiny place. miss the roti prata and teh tarik!

Hi Cruiser - Will pm you my HP seperately. :) Will update you by Friday if I can join on Sunday. May not be available for full program but will try to do lunch + coffee. :) Heading to paintball at Q12 with my colleagues this Sat. If its good, will feedback to all :P

Hi Reaper - Your food list is good. Another one to add. Com Ga Hai Nam (Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice) So 379 Bis Nguyen Tri Phuong. P5, Q10.

Hi Rambo4 - Catch up with you sometimes. :)

Reaper wrote:
rambo4 wrote:
Reaper wrote:

It would be the usual suspects.

Lion City Restaurant.
Bombay - Dong Du
Nonya Place - Dong Du
Chinese Restaurants all over HCMC
Satay House on Nguyen Van Troi st.

Let me go dig out my little book of addresses.

Satay House on Nguyen Van Troi st troi district wat

cedwin wrote:

Hi Cruiser - Will pm you my HP seperately. :) Will update you by Friday if I can join on Sunday. May not be available for full program but will try to do lunch + coffee. :) Heading to paintball at Q12 with my colleagues this Sat. If its good, will feedback to all :P

Hi Reaper - Your food list is good. Another one to add. Com Ga Hai Nam (Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice) So 379 Bis Nguyen Tri Phuong. P5, Q10.

Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice I LOVE IT. THANKS.

cedwin wrote:

Hi Edwin, GREAT!! Looking forward to your PM and seeing you on Sunday during our gathering.

Rambo4 - Its at District Phu Nhuan...

If you want good nasi lemak, there is one more in D1.. I think its at thi sach street (not sure how to spell)

I think cedwin is referring to Four Season at Thi Sach, District 1.  Owned by a Malaysian widow & has been around for many years.

cedwin wrote:

Rambo4 - Its at District Phu Nhuan...

If you want good nasi lemak, there is one more in D1.. I think its at thi sach street (not sure how to spell)

oic thanks sir. wats the number of the street? is it a halah shop?

dopey wrote:

I think cedwin is referring to Four Season at Thi Sach, District 1.  Owned by a Malaysian widow & has been around for many years.

4 season is a hotel??? or a shop name???

A Malaysian restaurant name. Can't remember the number. Thi Sach is a very
short street. Nearer to the river side. Do u know where is Annam Gourmet along Hai Ba Trung Street? If yes, u just follow the side street down, opp direction from Sheraton, & u won't miss it.

Hi ALL, its Friday night and none of you has replied with your comments on the proposed programme for our gathering on Sunday?  So I will assume everyone who is attending is fine with it?

dopey wrote:

A Malaysian restaurant name. Can't remember the number. Thi Sach is a very
short street. Nearer to the river side. Do u know where is Annam Gourmet along Hai Ba Trung Street? If yes, u just follow the side street down, opp direction from Sheraton, & u won't miss it.

oh ok ok thanks a lot

Yes dopey.. You are right. Thi Sach is very short street. so not hard to find. the place is called 4 seasons.

Cruiser - I may not be able to join this Sunday. catch up with you guys again.

cedwin wrote:

Cruiser - I may not be able to join this Sunday. catch up with you guys again.

I understand.  Anyway there will be subsequent outings which you can join us... Have a great weekend Edwin...

hi there, I'm new to this forum and was glad to see some fellow Singaporean here.

I have been living in Vietnam for about four years.

chendol wrote:

hi there, I'm new to this forum and was glad to see some fellow Singaporean here.

Hi Chendol, nice to meet u. Gilbert here. What's your real name?

Anyway we r having an outing tomorrow. U free to join us?

Yo Gilbert,

Everything still as scheduled? I think it would be helpful if u cud sms all those attending the venue & timing

Hue1964 wrote:

Yo Gilbert,

Everything still as scheduled? I think it would be helpful if u cud sms all those attending the venue & timing

Hi Hue, everything still as scheduled and I have SMS-ed all whom I have the contact numbers, including yourself.  But only, Ken, Esther and Andrew responded.  Have you changed your mobile number?  I have sent 2 sms to u at 012044622418.

Also, would u happen to have Owen's mobile number?  He has not responded at all, neither through forum nor PM. 

Lastly, to everyone.  We are meeting up at 12 noon later today at the lobby of New World Hotel.  see u all then...

chendol wrote:

wow old bird liao hor.

sori gilbert, i got your sms but i didnt bring out phone.

It's ok Kok Leong, u can join us for the next outing