English Club - Ho Chi Minh City

I know that there are many threads regarding English Club in Ho Chi Minh City. I just want to post this topic for those who are interested to join and would like to improve their English skill. The club meeting location will be in District 10 & 11, probably held in a coffee shop. I do not have a specified location yet and would like to hear for any recommendation. The date and time would be one day on the weekend around 3:00pm-5:00 pm or 5:00pm- 7:00 pm, and we will vote for the exact date & time once we have everyone signed up. The requirements for joining the club are individual must able to carry on a basic communication, and willing to participate in a discussion. The English club is free for everyone to join and the only fee you have to pay is for your own drink at the coffee shop. The first meeting of the club will be held on this coming Sunday February 23, 2014 at 3:00pm. Address location is Tinh Te Coffee Shop 390/7  3/2 street, Ward 12, District 10. Any other recommend location will be appreciated!  The topic for that day will be " Self Introduction." Please pm me for sign up or have any other question.

Hi,  I want to better my English and like to join your club . Please put my name on your list. Thanks

I'm a native English speak that would love to drop by to help out in English clubs such at this! I land on Tues next week though, so I think I'll miss the first meeting...regardless I think this is a great idea and I'd love to be a part of it when I arrive. If you know of any English clubs in/around D.4 or D.7 let me know as well- I will have a lot of free time on my hands and want to help out where I can. Thanks!

Hi Tieumy1983,

I have sent you a message. Please reply back with your contact information so I keep you posted. Thanks.

Hi kntrinh,

You're welcome to join the club. The more the merrier!  I can definitely need your help. Everyone can join the club regardless if you are a Expat or local. I have sent you my contact information and details of the club. Thank you!

Hi Tomkat, let me know if I can be of any assistance. I am a native English (American) speaker and can speak Vietnamese as well

Jerry

Thanks for joining us.

Hi Jerry,

I am glad to have you as member of our club. I appreciated greatly with all the help I can get. Thanks for the offer. I will pm you my contact information to keep you posted. Thanks again!

Currently, we have three people signed up. 
- tieumy1983
- JVo18.  ( Foreign teacher)
- Cangn_duc

We really need more people to sign up. It will be a fun club. Also, it is a great way to meet new people and at the time improve your English.

Meeting location:  Tinh Te Coffee  390/7  3/2 street. Ward 12, District 10. 
               Time:    3:00 pm on Sunday February 23, 2014

I'm not a teacher lol

Jerry,

Sorry, my mistake. Then you could be my teacher assistant! lol.

Hello guys. Please include my name on your list. I'm living in Tan Binh district, very near Tinh te cafe. Please keep me updated in case of any changes. My cellphone number is 0972 562 064. Looking forward to meeting you guys soon!

Hello torres_tran,

Glad to include your name on the list. We will see you tomorrow at 3:00pm. Talk to you soon.

see you all there tomorrow.it's would be fun.

We would really like everyone to join our English club, does not matter if you are Expats or locals, we would welcome all!
So far we have these members who will come to the meeting tomorrow Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 3:00 pm:

- tieumy1983
- JVo18
- Cang_nduc
- Dannytan
- i_love_vietnam
- kienpham

Meeting location :   Tinh Te Coffee. 390/7  3/2 street., Ward 12, District 10.
           This week topic:   " Self Introduction".   

See all you guys there at the meeting!

Thank you everyone who participated in the meeting today. It was a great pleasure meeting all of you. If you have missed our meeting today, you can definitely join us next week, same date and time. Location has not been selected yet but will keep everyone posted soon. Thank again for joining me today!

Dear Tomkat,
I very happy when you set up the English Club. So sad when read your post so late, so that i can't join in the meeting on last sunday. Pls send me information in the next meeting.
My contact: Mr. Huy Cuong. Email: [email protected].
I look forward to hearing from u.
Bye you now.
Regards!

Cuong Le

My name is Nguyet, could I join your group? I know info about your group very late so I miss first week. Please answer me soon,

I'd like to join the club. It's so interesting!

Hello everyone!

I am really glad that you all want to join the club. I would like everyone to come to our next meeting this Sunday at 3:00 pm. I was thinking to held the meeting at Soi Da Coffee shop in District 3. Does anyone know if the coffee shop is any good in term of peaceful environment? I do not want to come to the coffee shop with loud music which can be annoyance and distraction. Anyone would recommend other decent places would be much appreciated.

Hi Tomkat, Soi Da is a nice place for meeting up but not sure if it's good for your English club as they have music all day (normally nice old style Vietnamese music) which may keep you listening to the music and forgetting to discuss together - lol - just my idea. There's a very nice coffee shope named Pergola in Phu Nhuan district - they have a private area where my friends and I used to study at, tho it's quite long time ago so I'm not sure how it is now.

Soi da , ngô thời nhiệm, right?

Hi aibiet150204,

Thank you for the information and recommendation. Phu Nhuan is a little far.  I want something close by District 3 as possible.

Hi Cang,

Yes it is on Ngo thoi nhiem. But I think it is too noisy for our club since it plays music all day as stated by aibiet150204. I think we need to find another place.

Since I am not very familiar with any coffee shop, does anyone know any good coffee shop with spacious area, and peaceful environment, preferably within District 3?  Please refer it to us. Appreciate greatly.

hi
I'd like to join in the next meeting. When you have the final decision about the place and time, It would be nice if you send me that information at email: [email protected].
Thank you

Tomkat, there are plenty of coffee shops in district 1 and 3 (near center) that you can arrange your English club - you may want to check it out before you decide. An idea is to fix a place then keep your club at that place, so that you do not need to waste time to find a place every week. I will pm you some places that I think it may be suitable for your club.

I would cordially invite everyone who interested to join our English club to attend our weekly meeting this coming Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 3:00pm.

202 Pasteur Street, District 3
               Tel:             (08)  38220020

Fee:    Free.  Attendee pay for own drink.

Topic of discussion:   "New Year resolution." If you don't have a resolution yet, then find something that you like to change, example: your current job, your place of residence, bad habits, etc....Please indicate why you want to make those changes?

We will meet in the back patio of the coffee entrance.

Hope to see everyone there!

aibiet150204 wrote:

Tomkat, there are plenty of coffee shops in district 1 and 3 (near center) that you can arrange your English club - you may want to check it out before you decide. An idea is to fix a place then keep your club at that place, so that you do not need to waste time to find a place every week. I will pm you some places that I think it may be suitable for your club.

Thanks aibiet150204. Appreciated greatly for your help!  Maybe you can join us this coming Sunday for chit chat.

tomkat70 wrote:

Thanks aibiet150204. Appreciated greatly for your help!  Maybe you can join us this coming Sunday for chit chat.

Not a problem at all, Tomkat. Coffee is one of my favourites that now doctor doesnt want me to keep the "bad habit" of having 1 cup  everyday. So, I hope you enjoy "coffee shop culture" in Saigon. Check your pm, not sure if it helps... And thank you for the "invitation", I would definitely love to join you guys but I have a class from 3-5pm on weekend. Maybe, somedays if I have "day-off". Have a good time with your English club.

aibiet150204 wrote:
tomkat70 wrote:

Not a problem at all, Tomkat. Coffee is one of my favourites that now doctor doesnt want me to keep the "bad habit" of having 1 cup  everyday. So, I hope you enjoy "coffee shop culture" in Saigon. Check your pm, not sure if it helps... And thank you for the "invitation", I would definitely love to join you guys but I have a class from 3-5pm on weekend. Maybe, somedays if I have "day-off". Have a good time with your English club.

Hi aibiet150204,

Thank you for your pm. I definitely have absorbed and enjoyed the "coffee shop culture" here in Saigon. It's too bad that you couldn't join us. May be next time then.

You said D4 or D7 street. It's near my house.

lesontran90 wrote:

You said D4 or D7 street. It's near my house.

I am sorry, I don't understand? I didn't said anything about D4 or D7.

Dear Tomkat,

I would love to join your club. I noticed your club opened last Sunday but i had an appointment at the same time. Now I have already arranged my schedule and can come to the club this weekend.

Thank you for your enthusiasm in this club.

Have a nice day.

kateng99 wrote:

Dear Tomkat,

I would love to join your club. I noticed your club opened last Sunday but i had an appointment at the same time. Now I have already arranged my schedule and can come to the club this weekend.

Thank you for your enthusiasm in this club.

Have a nice day.

Welcome to the club. Hope you can join us tomorrow!

So great, but i live in Binh Chanh dist. When you have the club in Binh Tan Dist or Binh Chanh Dist, please tell me, my contact: [email protected],

Best regards,

PHAM

i wont be able to make this weekend but hopefully the next though.  have fun tomorrow.

OBB wrote:

i wont be able to make this weekend but hopefully the next though.  have fun tomorrow.

Ok. See you next time then. Thanks.

Just a reminder, I hope everyone can join us today Sunday at 3:00 pm for the English Club meeting at:                                      Alexa Cofee
                                          202 Pasteur Street, District 3
                                          Please note:  Pasteur is a one way street!
                                          Tel:  (08)  38220020

I hope I will see lots of people there. We will have fun making new friends and speaking English. See you there!

Hi Tomkat,
Do you have the Eng club on Mar 23?
I would love to attend it.
Thank you so much
Nga

nga.123 wrote:

Hi Tomkat,
Do you have the Eng club on Mar 23?
I would love to attend it.
Thank you so much
Nga

Hi Nga,

Yes, I do have an English club on March 23. It's at Alexa coffee shop- 202 Pasteur in District 3. We will meet at 5:15pm . Please come and join us !

Tom

Hi tomkat,
Thanks for your this topic.It's so useful and exciting.
I am also want to join in this club but my Engiish is not good.Can you open a team for who the same me? (My level english is Toeic 350 )
Thank for reading.