Vietnamese speaking club

* Do you think we should have Vietnamese speaking club (VNSC) for foreigners who love Vietnamese language and wanna to practice to improve Vietnamese much more?

* Hi foreigners,
Do you want to join this group?
We only create this group for you if there are many foreign people wanna join, and It will start soon. So if you're interested in it, please send me a message and let me know why you want to improve Vietnamese and how much do you know Vietnamese?

* Hi Vietnamese Volunteers, Are you interested in helping our foreigners learning Vietnamese?
I hope so.
And please send me a message and let me know which free day will you spend joining this group? Do you have any experience for teaching Vietnamese?

* I'm very appreciated anyone interested in this group let me know soon, and there should be 1 week for registering and we will decide if it works out.

*Ps: I really need at least 2 volunteers having good experience in teaching Vietnamese and very good at English to lead this group coz you will help other volunteers to do better in teaching for foreigners.
And this group is non profit.
However we'll raise fund for helping some unlucky Vietnamese children this September if all of us want to do social activities. And of course we'll plan for that later.

*Some advantages for volunteers:
-    Do something useful and fun when you have free time ^_^
-    You will have experience in teaching Vietnamese for people speaking foreign language
-    Make friends
-    Improve English

Some advantages for foreigners:
-    Practice make perfect, you will be good at Vietnamese
-    Make friends
-    Learn useful Vietnamese
-       Know Vietnam more: people, culture, ...
hope it will be launched
nice weekend everyone
Best regard

It's such a good idea. I would like to join.

Sound really nice. I am teaching Vietnamese in Dist 1. I would like to join on this club to help our foreigners learning Vietnamese, cultural... I have some free time on weekend  :) .
Cheers,
Cheryl

i'm in :)

Thank chị Chery, Chi, Thảo so much ~ first kind volunteers. We keep waiting the replies from others.

If you are interested in speaking Vietnamese, Pls don't hesitate to join " Vietnamese speaking club".  :)

So great,
I would love to join as Vietnamese native speaker to make friend as first, then i can help expats speak Vietnamese as easy as they can. i am free almost night of week.
Please keep me updated in my message.
Cheers,

I would love to join this vietnamese speaking club!! How do i Join ?? When and where?

Rgds

Vj.

so nice, i will join with you guys. How can i?

I have started to learn Vietnamese and am having lessons. I have done 4 lessons so far but have several more weeks to go.

I would love to practice and get lots of repetition so that I remember everything better.

Would there be a minimum skill level? I can currently only ask and answer questions about age, living, food etc. And struggle a bit when not looking at my notes.

Dear friend,
I would say that you should not be shy to speak out what you want pls,
let me tell that my manager, he is Koeran, and from the beginning time, he cant start conversation with VN staff like his team, but nowaday, he speaks and understood very well. just feel comfortable with us, and sometimes, making funny talking , short exchange to stranger which are Vietnamese, then you could react instantly.

Many Cheers!

Variety.

I really want to learn and practice more on Vietnamese language. As well as make more friends and sharing experience and culture. Please count me in  :)

great idear. I would like to join to make friend and improve my English, Thanks

That sounds great! I'd be interested in joining.

It sounds very interesting. I don't have the fix free-time in the week, except I'm free on Sunday. If you guys have any meeting on Sunday, please tell me. Thus, I could join in not only to teach Vietnamese but also to improve my English skills.

Good luck, I'm not sure how much genuine interest there would be in a group like this because we are all living in Vietnam. I don't know many foreigners who have a problem finding an opportunity to practice it.

That sounds interesting. I really like it. May I join this group? I wanna exchange the languages and the cultural. I just left off work, so I have free time all day.
Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not share your mail on the website.

Sounds funny and looks like only most of Vietnamese are interest in " Vietnamese speaking club"

That sounds really interesting. i wanna join this group :)

It sounds great. But when and where we can run this club?

I have a feeling that a "Vietnamese speaking club" will end up not working out, because I don't think there is a big demand for this. Foreigners living in Vietnam don't need a special club to practice Vietnamese, because 99.9% of the people living in Vietnam speak Vietnamese. If we want an opportunity to speak Vietnamese, we can literally find the nearest stick, start swinging it, and start conversing in Vietnamese with the first person we hit to try to explain why we were swinging a stick in the first place.

I understand a lot of Vietnamese on this expat forum want a chance to speak English with native English speakers. Please keep in mind that we did not leave our jobs and our families and fly to the other side of the world so we can speak English.

If the club is similar to a group Vietnamese class, I would be interested in joining, but if it is similar to the English clubs where everyone just shows up and starts speaking English, I don't think there is a need, because the entire country of Vietnam is like one big Vietnamese speaking club.

Great idea! Myself and my boyfriend, who are here until December, would love to join! We know only basic words and need A LOT of practice!

It sounds great. I would love to join it. I'm VietNamese. Please contact me  :D

Great! I wan to join in your project. How can we contact together

Hi all
Wed evening or Sunday, which day are you free more? please send me the message.
We will choose places at District 1,3 ...almost for meeting.
I received message from 2 guys they are beginners for learning Vietnamese, So who in volunteer group are willing to help them from the begin. please send me inbox.
We are here to help them to improve Vietnamese coz they sometime feel shy to talk to the local out side or they dont have opportunity to practise when they know Vietnamese not too much.
I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Wednesday is more free for me. Are we going to be using a text book? How will we determine what to study?

Hi Jiao,

I must teach my students on Wednesday so I will be free more on Sunday.

See you all soon.

Hi,
I'm interested in your project. May I join?

Thanks.

Did your have any meeting back then?

Hello Jiao,

I am really interested in your vietnamese speaking club. I have a low level in vietnamese, even tough I used to live as an expat kid in HCMC.

Thank you,

Regards,

Julia Phone Tiang

Hi every one
I only got some replies for time you can join.
I appreciate some of you for enjoying to improve Vietnamese.
And the first 1 hour of VNSC, foreigners only speak Vietnamese as much as you can, and The local will help you correct pronunciation if any.  you're only free to use any language to learn Vietnamese more later ^_^
On Wed evening 24 June, can we have a first meeting?
If you can join, pls send me a message to confirm.
This is not the fixed day for this club, but I'll consider to choose Wed or Sun is better.
Place: Highlands coffee
Add: 187 Pham Ngu Lao street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, District 1 ( corner De Tham and Pham Ngu Lao; opposite the 23/9 park)
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30 pm
Ps:
- You order your drink at the coffee shop by yourself
- If you like to play " đá cầu" at the park later, we can play together. ( I played very bad, but it is funny ^_^).
I'm availble to be there at that time.
See you!

Hey, Im new in this blog..
I would love to join VNSC, If you have any information please let me know.. Thank you! ^^

To make it easier, this is the place:
Google Maps

Could you create an event on Facebook for that? Otherwise it would be difficult to gather people

I am a beginner. I know that I can read Vietnamese on a page and it sounds pretty good; however this was learned by studying Vietnamese phonetics. I don't understand anything! So, I really want to learn from the beginning . . .. Thank you!

I am a beginner. I know that I can read Vietnamese on a page and it sounds pretty good; however this was learned by studying Vietnamese phonetics. I don't understand anything! So, I really want to learn from the beginning . . .. Thank you!
However, the address, even though I marked it as Ha Noi, comes up in HCMC! Where is this?

It is in Saigon.

Thank Skrzip84 so much
Good idea, this Wed is the first time we meet up for group and if they are very interested in the group, I think we should create facebook for group.
Will you come?

I figured as much. Were it there, I would be there. Thank you for your help for people who want to learn Vietnamese!

I have a very busy week but I think that I can come, I'm very curious about "đá cầu".

Do you have any workbook that we could follow?

Hi all,
It sounds good to have VNSC here. I love to join and support you all but I'm not sure because I'm quiet busy recently. I have a Vietnamese instructional guide document given from my friend in pdf. format. Hope it's useful for you. Do you know how to upload here?

Phuong Huynh wrote:

Hi all,
I have a Vietnamese instructional guide document given from my friend in pdf. format. Hope it's useful for you. Do you know how to upload here?

Phương, send it to me via FB (do you know my FB :D?), I will upload it on my dropbox, and people can download it then.