Little Market Research: where do you Antwerp expats want to live?

Hello guys!

I'm a Belgian, currently living in Belgium :), but I also got some little abroad (erasmus and others) experiences.

Currently I'm owning a house in a nice village near Antwerp. Since I'm planning on moving out of Belgium I'm renovating it to rent it, and I'm considering 2 options:

- or I renovate it, and remove the furniture, in order to rent it to locals (Belgians)

- or I renovate it, and equipe it with nice furniture, in order to rent it with furniture, to expats

Now my question is: how many of you expats would be interested to live in a well located village rather than in Antwerp city center.

Some more specifics: my house is a nice 3 bedroom villa with a small garden, located in a vary quiet street with nice neighbours (typical middle class street :). It's located in De Klinge, 20 minutes from Antwerp by car http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=zeeva … ra=ls&z=12, 30 minutes from Ghent and 45 minutes from Brussels.

So who of you would rather live in countryside than in the city. I'm guessing families with children prefer to live in the countryside, but maybe I'm being arbitrary here :) . Also opinions of your friends and family are welcome! And please also tell me where you're from.

Thanks guys!

Hello TripleOrange & welcome to Expat.com!

If you want to rent your house, you should post an advert in the Answerp classifieds > accommodation section/ houses for rent.

I hope that other members will reply to your query too.

Harmonie.

Is there public transit near you? I prefer the city, really, but if there's public transit nearby then I'd live a little bit outside it. Personally I wouldn't want a pre-furnished house.