Coming to Calgary from Melbourne, Australia. Finding work?

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

I was hoping you guys/girls could help me out with a few questions.

I met a girl from Calgary while i was in Europe and really want to come over on a working visa and try and make things work but i don't know how difficult it is to get a job.

I do not have any study qualifications as i have a good paying job back home already.

I guess i have a few questions...

1 - Is it hard to find a good paying job without having gone to university? and is there any jobs people would recommend?

2 - Also how hard is it to find somewhere to rent while i am there? and is it expensive for a one bedroom house or flat?

3 - If things go really well while i am there and my Visa runs out, what happens after that? Do i just get sent home or is there other options.

Really hope someone can help me i would really appreciate it.

Kindest Regards

Edit- Also i have been to Calgary and fell in love with the place while i was there :)

Hello Cfc13 & welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will help you soon by sharing their experience.

I may suggest you to take a look at the participative Life in Canada guide, it may contain useful articles.

Harmonie.:)

harmonie wrote:

Hello Cfc13 & welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will help you soon by sharing their experience.

I may suggest you to take a look at the participative Life in Canada guide, it may contain useful articles.

Harmonie.:)

Thank you i will have a look :)

Anyone else with some information?

Kindest Regards

I think you should check out with the job providing agencies. They might would help you to have the best job that better suits your profile. Best Luck!

And also have the confirmation regarding the university attachments too. I guess you will need something to relocate to Calgary.