Notarizing Documents in DR (Las Terrenas)

Can anyone out there recommend a reliable attorney or notary public in Las Terrenas?  We are selling our house in the US and need to sign the deed and have it notarized here.  Thanks, Joe T.

07/23/21

Welcome, Joe!

US Consulates notarize property sale and other documents for US Citizens,  and their stamps, naturally, are universally accepted in the US.  If you decide to use a Dominican notary rather than the nearest Consulate, confirm with your attorney in the US that it won't cause difficulties for you.

Thanks.  Tried to get appointment at Embassy to notarize but webside shows nothing available until late September!!  Lawyer in US says DR acknowledgement is OK so I guess we'll give it a go and see what happens.  Any recommendation for attorney or notary herer in Las Terrenas?

jctilghman, my wife and I have used Ismael Ramon-Vanderhorst. We found him to be quite helpful in any matter he claimed to provide services for.

You might also find out if the people asking you to notorize documents in the USA will send you the documents with an option for electronic notorization (like DocuSign or similar). Even if it costs you, it would probably be net cheaper and certainly faster.