Minibus Rules and Regulations for business use.

I'm sorting out business plan ideas. I've started looking into doing day trips for clients who would already be staying at my villa.  As a way of making non-coastal destinations more appealing, offering transport for days out.

I always try to research before asking, couldn't find what I was looking for in existing discussions or google. 

And maybe I want a little reassurance I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

From what I gather on the forum and google the following is correct:

- 9 seater vehicle = allowed with regular driving licence.
- taxi business = Not allowed without relevant paperwork.
- paid for airport transport = not allowed as its a taxi business
- complementary transport as part of holiday package = allowed.
- transporting people as part of a wider business package =  allowed

This means (I think) :
- driver could take 8 passengers (presume all further examples work on this assumption)
- to and from the airport as long as it was complimentary transport, not a paid service.
- to an from the airport for a fee as long as it incorporated a non-transport business element. E.g a bus tour with a complimentary airport pick up or a 'last beach day'  with complimentary airport drop off.
- on a market town tour, on market day for a day trip fee,
- but couldn't just drive them to the market and collect them.
- driver could take clients on a 'market town experience day'. Dropping off at the market, collecting and taking to a second destination e.g tapas bar. I think this would constitute a not just a travel but an experience day.

So what about the vehicle itself.
I looked for 9 seater minibuses and they have almost no room for shopping? I kinda want to be able to use this vehicle for shopping as well and possibly moving some furniture. Also I don't want any clients to have to have bags on there laps.

Could I get a 16 seater minibus... remove 7 seats and drive it, as a 9 seater bus under the rules. 

Thanks !

I guess you can t, as it would t work in France, I think rules are quite similar allover europe. " 9 seats vehicle" is about the vehicle capacity and size Removing seats won't change it. It would be like believing that removing all the 50 seats in a bus would allow you to drive it with a car driving licence lol.
Well if you need to use a bigger vehicle either get the driving licence, either hire services from someone whose got it.

Thanks, it's interesting to know what can be done in France by way of comparison.

The reason I ask is you can do exactly that in the UK. Remove all the seats on a bus and drive it on a normal license.  or at least you could about 3 years ago ( I had professional advice on this when I was looking into converting a bus into a food truck. )

You have to jump through some hoops with the DVLA to register the vehicle. Has to be under a certain weight. But it can be done.

There are many 9 seats vehicle models. Some of them are biggers or more spacious than others... Compare and get the one with the higher space inside.
Add a roof box or a trailer would be a solution.