Temporary restrictions on entering Brazil

Brazil decided on Thursday, 24, to restrict on a temporary and exceptional basis the entry of foreigners into the country, with the aim of preventing the entry of people contaminated with new variants of the new coronavirus. The interministerial ordinance was published in the Official Gazette of the Union of this Thursday after a recommendation made by the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa).
Also at the end of May, Anvisa had already sent to the ministries that sign the ordinance some suggestions for new regulations on the entry of new variants of the new coronavirus. Among the suggestions was the suspension of some exceptions for the entry of foreigners, especially seafarers from countries where there is great circulation of variants.

For Anvisa, these foreigners should be unable to enter the country if they did not comply with a series of measures and protocols. For Brazilians, the recommendation was a 14-day quarantine in the landing city. Following the guidelines, the Ordinance restricts not only the entry of persons of another nationality by any means but also does not allow international flights coming or passing through the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, South Africa, and India.

The interministerial ordinance was published in the Official Gazette of the Union of this Thursday after a recommendation made by the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa).

I have not been able to find and open the Official Gazette!

I found an article here which details the restrictions.

https://www.in.gov.br/en/web/dou/-/port … -327674155

Thanks

Hi again...but this ordinance does not prevent foreigners from entering the country by air as long they are carrying an entry visa

If coming from:
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Republic of South Africa and the Republic of India is restricted

Hi for all
Since the ordenance allow relatives enter by air I did contact Anvisa in Guarulhos airport to get informations about how this quarantine shall be done but they was not able to explain it properly. They just say the quarantine about 14 days shall be done when the passenger arrive from this countries but they are not able to inform the place if in home or hotel, or in case the passenger home is in other state.
If someone know the details about that, please inform here.

I just returned from Brazil after spending 2 weeks with my family. I turned in my anvisa by email with the information that I was travelling to Brazil to visit family-my inlaws are Brazilian but I am a native born American. I gave them our apartment address in Recife as to where I would be. I was sent back a confirmation email within 24 hours and took that along with my confirmation of a 72 hour negative covid test through the airports with no problems. Brazil just wants you to have an address, whether hotel or relatives home for quarantine.
   I arrived at Sao Paulo as my first destination in Brazil and was in the airport for 21 hours due to flight delays before catching my flight to Recife. I had no problems about quarantine and visited family in Recife. I have my full covid vaccination and carried my vaccination card although no one ever asked to see it, You just need an address for the 14 days, whether hotel or family, for the anvisa.

Roadtripking,
Thanks for the information

I think it might be difficult to enter Brazil as tourist at this time, but I was visiting family and on the anvisa request where it asked the reason for my visit I put other, then gave the reason as visiting family with our apartment address in Recife.

Roadtripking wrote:

I think it might be difficult to enter Brazil as tourist at this time, but I was visiting family and on the anvisa request where it asked the reason for my visit I put other, then gave the reason as visiting family with our apartment address in Recife.

It's not difficult. We've had 3 separate family member visits in the last 3 months, all as American tourists. They only needed to have a negative PCR test and the Anvisa email each time. Quarantine wasn't required for them as that only applies to certain other countries, not USA.

Did your family members state on the Anvisa they were coming only as tourists and not visiting family members?

Roadtripking wrote:

Did your family members state on the Anvisa they were coming only as tourists and not visiting family members?

I can't remember if the form asks but if so then they would have said visiting family.

But none of the family members that came are the parent, child or even sibling of any Brazilian citizens so they would not have been exempted in any way. They still come in on a tourist stamp so I don't think there is a difference.

Your information is very good, thank you.
I have some doubt about the passengers from high risk countries named in the last brazilian ordenance as UK, South Africa and India, is it the same procedure from other countries as US?

CDC and CBP is the best info.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors

Still I am doubt

I am still doubt because my relatives are from high risk country, no from US.

For Anvisa, these foreigners should be unable to enter the country if they did not comply with a series of measures and protocols. For Brazilians, the recommendation was a 14-day quarantine in the landing city. Following the guidelines, the Ordinance restricts not only the entry of persons of another nationality by any means but also does not allow international flights coming or passing through the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, South Africa, and India.

It is the quaratine rule that I asked:
https://www.msn.com/pt-br/noticias/bras … li=AAggXC1

For Brazilians, the recommendation was a 14-day quarantine in the landing city.
If they are flying on an airline, not from the listed countries they will be quarantined.
Always best to check with the airline first.

08/14/21

AbigailRibas wrote:

It is the quaratine rule that I asked:
https://www.msn.com/pt-br/noticias/bras … li=AAggXC1

Yes.  According to this report, a Federal Judge in Guarulhos, SP has determined that any passenger disembarking there from the United Kingdom, South Africa, or India will have to quarantine in Guarulhos for 14 days before continuing on to their final destination. 

This is a new decision, so there's no word yet on how it will be implemented, or whether it's being appealed.

Hi-

I will be traveling in January, 2022 to Brazil for my first time ever. 
I have my Covid vaccines.

I do need a negative 72 hour Covid test before landing in my first City for Customs (Sao Paoulo)?
then I will continue to Joao Pessoa. 

What is this Anvisa people keep mentioning?

Is it true USA citizens do not need a Visa anymore (since 2019)?

Thank you so much for any help!

Martin

MA22 wrote:

Hi-

I will be traveling in January, 2022 to Brazil for my first time ever. 
I have my Covid vaccines.

I do need a negative 72 hour Covid test before landing in my first City for Customs (Sao Paoulo)?
then I will continue to Joao Pessoa. 

What is this Anvisa people keep mentioning?

Is it true USA citizens do not need a Visa anymore (since 2019)?

Thank you so much for any help!

Martin

Martin,
At this time, yes you will need a neg test. Also, check with your airline as to their rules.
Anvisa is Brazil's Dept of Health/FDA. Anvisa approves all health regulations.
It is true Brazil has a waiver program for US passport holders. That means you do not need to go to the consulate for a visa. The waiver is still a visa and good for 90 days and your passport will be stamped upon entry. Giving you the right to enter under the terms and conditions of a tourist visa.
Enjoy

Hello,

Please note that some off-topic posts have been removed since politics is not allowed on the forum.

Thanks,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Diksha wrote:

Hello,

Please note that some off-topic posts have been removed since politics is not allowed on the forum.

Thanks,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Thank you so much!  That helps clarify a few things I needed.