Tagaytay living.

Hello everyone,
I`m new here & thank you for accepting me to join this expat group.
My wife & I are going to move to Tagaytay & build a retirement home
probably next year.Is there anyone in the group that lives there & can give
me pointers as far how is it going in the area?
By the way my name is Fred & recently retired.I`m from the high desert area
of Hesperia here in SoCal.I`m originally from Quezon City & left the country
in 1983 hence a `balikbayan'.
I hope everyone is doing fine & safe from the Covid pandemic.
Best,
Fred

Be careful of buying a property in Tagaytay if you don't already have one with a title.  I---along with hundreds, maybe thousands others---got scammed there of buying pre-sold lots, and came to find out later that the developers did not own the land they're trying to parcel off and sell.  There are hundreds of pending cases in court now, where most will never get resolved, filed under the same or similar circumstances.  Land investment in the Philippines is a very risky venture for everyone, not just expatriates. These pre-selling scams happen to condominium investors, too. After the developers sell off the units, they never go through with the completion of the projects.

Thank you for the warning & concern!

Hi I have a property in Silang as a vacation house; very near Tagaytay and I bought a pre-selling condo in the Twin Lake; the weather is cool in Silang not that far off to weather in Tagaytay;

Documents wise  in buying land in Tagaytay, just make sure you secure a copy of the E-Title in the Register of Deeds to make sure who really is the owner;

I hold off my purchase of the condo in the Twin Lake because the volcano is unpredictable and because of the last incident, people are warned not to buy too close to the perimeter advised by philvoc.

Regards,

Hi Cynthia,
Thank you for your advice.I heard a lot of horror stories in buying
lands over there as being tricky & building homes too is the same way.
I`m more concerned of how my adjustment is going to be living back
in the country.My wife & I chose Tagaytay because of the cool climate
& proximity to Manila.I have been away for many years & things have
have changed immensely.
I know Silang in Cavite.It`s located in a high elevation & like you said
it has a cool weather too.I`m sure it may have been pretty crowded by
now.
Best,
Fred

I am a Canadian citizen; been there for more than 20 years; so I cannot tolerate the heat in Manila and my electricity bill is too high that when I have free time I stay in Silang;

My a little bit of concern is the volcano but Silang is far enough though in the last incident great quantity of dirt went to my property; but now it is nice and plants are flourishing!

There are many ways of doing diligent check if the property you are buying is legitimate;

Regards to your family!

Tomax finance laboratory.

Who let you in here?

"Buy 100% undetectable money at best rates ever. Legit supplier with 15 years of experience. Best quality undetectable counterfeit money is all we do. Do you need money to invest in big projects ? Do you have loans to pay ? Are you willing to leave a luxurious life ? Do not worry TOMAS FSL are here to help. TOMAS FSL  is ono of the quality leader in authentic Banknote and Counterfeit Banknotes printing. Our work ranges from the production of substrates and security features, through banknote printing and web application, to plant engineering. Our high-tech solutions ensure we produce the best banknotes in the world".

Isn't that fraud? I seem to remember you or similar having a go here once before.

Could I suggest to the moderators to pass on this info to the NBI or the likes.

Some people just keep trying it on.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.