Better Safe then Sorry Flying from UK

[Post deleted]

[Post deleted]

Well spotted EVTRA!

“The Bulgarian authorities do not require from Bulgarian citizens and residents including family members to present any proofs related to Covid-19 vaccination or negative tests when entering Bulgaria”, the Ambassador of the Republic of Bulgaria to London Marin Raykov wrote in a letter to Ryanair.

“Bulgarian citizens and citizens of other nationalities permanently residing in Bulgaria and their family members, when travelling to Bulgaria, have never been and still are NOT required by the Bulgarian authorities to present any proof related to Covid-19 such as:
-  A document for completed vaccination scheme against Covid-19;
-  A document showing positive result from a PCR tests, or an antigen test for Covid-19 (for persons suffering from Covid-19 for the period from the 15th to the 180th day from the date of study);
-  A negative result of a PCR test performed up to 72 hours before entry or a negative result from a rapid antigen test conducted up to 48 hours before entry into Bulgaria;

The travelers of this category, however, who do not provide such tests, are required to self-isolate for ten days in Bulgaria. These persons may be waived from the requirement to self-isolate if within 24 hours after their arrival they make a PCR or an antigen test with a negative result”, noted Ambassador Raykov.

I did say and warn a while back.....

I have a question regarding flying to Bulgaria.
I have full vaccination, am an eu national so do I need to have a PCR test prior to flying from England to Bulgaria.
I know that I would have to have a PCR test prior to flying back to england and have booked 2 PCR tests for days 2 and 8 when back in england.
It gets confusing reading all the information out there.

[Post deleted]

TRAVEL TO BULGARIA

1. Bulgarian citizens and residents, are not required to have a PCR test on entering the country. However, they will then have to quarantine for 10 days (but can take a PCR test on first day to get early release, if negative).

2. Bulgaria will accept both PCR test (up to 72 hours before arrival) and Rapid Antigen Test (up to 48 hours before arrival). Rapid Antigen test is usually cheaper.

3. They will, I believe, accept a proof of you being fully vaccinated (2 x EU-approved vaccine jabs, completed more than 14 days before travel). So I think you should have some kind of letter to show immigration officials. In which case, you shouldn't need PCR test prior to entry, or have to quarantine as above.

4. There is a lab at Sofia Airport with extended hours, so, potentially you could take your PCR test there on arrival (in order to get early release from quarantine).

5. Bulgaria now has its EU Digital Covid Passport (his.bg) working, so this probably means it accepts something equivalent from other EU citizens.

6. Yes, it appears that UK still requires fully-vaccinated, returning travelers to get a PCR test. But I imagine this is under review, and could easily change.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic … quirements

[Post deleted]