Scotiabank transfers to the dr

Has anyone ever sent a transfer using the Scotiabank app...Canada to the dr?  The app asks for an 8 digit 'routing' number, not SWIFT or IBAN.  Two different banks in the dr say they have no such routing numbers, so we cant send.  The canadian branch doesnt know what the problem is, nor their telephone  helpline. Anybody out there know?

Transfers from abroad to my Scotiabank account in DR went via an intermediary bank in the USA. It changes depending on source bank.

From Scotiabank in the islands it went through a Chase Manhatten bank account in Miami. From Barclays UK through Barclays New York.

Could not send online as a result.

Check this website to quickly compare different methods of transfer. It shows exchange rates, fees and delivery times for many different services.

https://www.monito.com/send-money/canad … ic/cad/dop

I have experience with this.
Basically BNS abroad has no connection with BNS in DR as strange
as that sounds.
I went into BNS banks in Canada and talked with staff about it.

Transferring funds from a foreign BNS to a BNS in DR is the same process
as transferring funds from say, Chase Manhattan to BNS in DR or Bank of Montreal
to BNS in DR.
All transfers must first go through an American bank so they can grab their
"fair share" first.

Lennoxnev, thanks, but that's a different situation.  I referred to a Scotia bank in Canada, trying to send to the dr.  The scotiabank branch in the dr says their intermediary bank is in Toronto, and the BHD bank in the dr says their intermediary bank is in Spain; neither via the US.

MarkEx, if that is indeed the case, the BNS in Canada doesn't know about it.  They list no american intermediary bank they must go thru in order to send money to the dr.  Probably if they knew about it, they would give us the name, routing number of the american bank, so they can make some money, but they don't.  I even told them I was going to research to see if their competitor banks wanted my custom, and they just shrugged.

Too many problems with remitly.  Have been using world remit.  No problems.  Money there in minutes to my home in DR.  Cash pick up or deposit to bank account

GCL1221, thanks and am starting to check out some of these.  I was just surprised that the big bank like  Scotia couldn't even do what they say their app can do, and that their officers can't even figure out what the problem is.

Thanks to all respondents so far.  In summary, it looks like nobody has successfully been able to send money from Scotiabank Canada to the dr.  In view of this, I'll research alternatives.  So far I've just seen Western Union, with their 9% or more fees.  ITMT, at least one can use a dr ATM machine in the dr with no fees taken.

I'm not a Scotia Bank customer, but it doesn't sound like their app is set up to send money internationally! If the only option is a routing number, you'll never get money out of the country!

Ddmagee, it seems like it.  Their claim is that you can send to many countries, the dr is listed in their app, yet it requires a...routing number and not swift or iban.   Totally weird.   
I wrote a letter to the company, let's see if they answer.

@jwj938924  did you find after all ?

@jwj938924  did you find it after all ? If so you can you please tell me.

Use Remitly(World Remit), their fees are lower.  Also, Western Union would not allow me to send money to the DR.

@modaisky1971 Remitly to bank account is great

My two cents: I had inquired with Scotia Bank and Citibank and was told by both that although they do business in DR it is a totally different banking system and they do not cross over from North America to any DR account you may have with them in DR.

That is absolutely correct.

I first used Wester Union, then World Remit. I moved to Remitly and take funds from my AB Scotiabank account and deposit in my Moca Scotiabank account...it is the least expensive of any and there's no running around - except to go withdraw from the bank when needed. NOTE: if bringing in funds for say, building a house, as I am, there is a 36K limit every 6 months....unless you go through cetain steps to increase that....