Stimulus check

hi everyone.im a retired nurse from the u.s. and now living in the philippines and a ssa recipient.i've heard that there is a stimulus check for ssa recipients and i didn't receive any on my  :) direct deposit account.hope i get some answers.good day

filomenalim7535 ~ See my other reply. You need to file tax returns to get the assistance payments.

FIL 7535-I havent received any of my stim checks or deposits. I havent filled out any w2's for many years and that was the hold up. You can go to a websight of your choice (just research online) and file online like I did. Supposed to be 1200usd per check but the Turbo Tax websight said I was eligible only for 1800 usd and thats ok if I ever get it. "A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing" I dont know if I will get the 3rd check either. K SA RA SA RA!Baguio Jimmy

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

filomenalim7535 ~ See my other reply. You need to file tax returns to get the assistance payments.

If not mistaken you do not have to file tax returns if you are collecting SS in order to collect your stimulus. I haven't filed in 2018, 2019, 2020 and have received all three stimulus payments by direct deposit into the same US bank account in the states that I use for to my monthly SS.

Apparently they changed the rules. Now you have to file even if you have no tax liability to get a direct deposit into the same Philippine bank account that the SSA deposits to.

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

Apparently they changed the rules. Now you have to file even if you have no tax liability to get a direct deposit into the same Philippine bank account that the SSA deposits to.

You may be correct about the Philippine bank, my stimulus was direct deposited in a US bank.

Yes, BPI (Bank of The Philippine Islands) in my case. NOTE: BPI uses a different routing number for the IRS.