What is your Electric Bill like ?

Freebie-Fans and air conditioners not needed in Baguio city-ever! :top:

bigpearl wrote:
Enzyte Bob wrote:
bigpearl wrote:

100% uncalled for Bob.

OMO.

Steve.

Well Steve my thought process is that Mumbo Jumbo is paying $37.47 USD or $46.55 AUD for electrical energy that he maybe living a frugal lifestyle, maybe by choice.

I pay more than that for my internet and cable TV.

My fuzzy math figures out that he is using less then 400 kwh per month (correct me if I'm wrong), quite remarkable, not much of a greenhouse imprint.

As said, not called for and that was a members contribution. Another member here consumes 7 to 800 pesos per month and you never jumped on him, go figure. Bad day at work? Let's get real here, this is an open forum,,,,, you know the pitch.

BTW your fuzzy math is extremely fuzzy and that was his electricity bill not his doctors bill nor filling up his gas tank or internet and he consumes around 170/180Kwh per month, a dream for most especially me.

Cheers, Steve.

Steve I looked at my last bill, 47% was for the generation, 53% for add on charges. So Mumbojumbo said his highest bill in 28 years was 1800 pesos. So 47% of 1800 pesos is 846 pesos for actual electric. Divide that by 9.65 pesos so his consumption is less then 88 kwh.

Average rice cooker 200 watts (some use 400 watts), average use 4 hours per day, consumes .8 kwh per day times 30 days is 24 kwh add in a couple fans and whatever will consume over 88 kwh.

I believe Mumbojumbo was incorrect in stating his electric bill of 1800 pesos and which was his highest in 28 years.  .  .  .  . What say Mumbojumbo?

Steve, both of us were wrong on his kwh usuage

Nitpicking? Bob the poster in question said his bill was 1,800 pesos max, not his consumption, What are you trying to prove? I advised you another poster consumes 7 to 800 pesos per month,,,,,, on this thread and you never whinged nor questioned, I have personally posted an electricity bill of 1,500 pesos and no rubbish or asking for justification, go figure.

Do you doubt contributors electrical costs? Perhaps Mumbojumbo uses a lot of gas, is never home. That was his bill as are mine, pull it apart all you like.

I was not wrong, that was his bill no matter how you pull it apart. Move on.

OMO.

Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

Nitpicking? Bob the poster in question said his bill was 1,800 pesos max, not his consumption, What are you trying to prove? I advised you another poster consumes 7 to 800 pesos per month,,,,,, on this thread and you never whinged nor questioned, I have personally posted an electricity bill of 1,500 pesos and no rubbish or asking for justification, go figure.

Do you doubt contributors electrical costs? Perhaps Mumbojumbo uses a lot of gas, is never home. That was his bill as are mine, pull it apart all you like.

I was not wrong, that was his bill no matter how you pull it apart. Move on.

OMO.

Steve.

Who is the other poster you refer to that pays 7 to 800 pesos per month for electric?

At 800 pesos per month he is paying $16.74 USD for electric service while consuming less than 40 kwh per month.

No perhaps, he uses a lot of gas or is never home. Where did that come from?

On my "General Topic" post, you said Master Bates  is not relevant topic, who said it was and where did that come from? or just another perhaps by you?

Post # 14. (yes on this thread)

Funny, perhaps Manila bills differently? No I'm sure it's the same as when we lived there 8/9 years ago. Your math?
A bill here (Luelco) that I'm looking at as I speak and I quote: kWH used 386. After the 300 lines of rubbish the total due is PHP 3,694.47 divided by the kWT hours = 9.57116558 per kWT hour, so as a guide the PHP 1,800.00 bill would have consumed around 188.06478 kWT hours based on our charges here with Luelco. do your sums.

As for drifting off topic? it's very easy if one cares to take things out of context. You taught us well.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

I feel like an adult trying to watch a movie while the kids are bickering. Master Bates? Really?

Exactly. Read the relevant post in its entirety, put the kids to bed and enjoy the movie.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

Post # 14. (yes on this thread)

Funny, perhaps Manila bills differently? No I'm sure it's the same as when we lived there 8/9 years ago. Your math?
A bill here (Luelco) that I'm looking at as I speak and I quote: kWH used 386. After the 300 lines of rubbish the total due is PHP 3,694.47 divided by the kWT hours = 9.57116558 per kWT hour, so as a guide the PHP 1,800.00 bill would have consumed around 188.06478 kWT hours based on our charges here with Luelco. do your sums.

As for drifting off topic? it's very easy if one cares to take things out of context. You taught us well.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Steve dividing the whole bill by 9.57 does not give you the kilowatt hours. 188 kwt should be multiplied by .47 the actual cost of the electric and gives you 88.36 KWH. You including the 300 lines or rubbish (53%) and that should have been deducted before figuring out the kwh.

Bob, sorry but I refer you to your own post here on this thread #5. I simply suggest you review your fuzzy math methods.

Cheers, Steve.

Hello friends,
What is kWh rate in your town?
I am guessing you are paying for the consumption of those who have jumpers over their meters.

Jackson4 wrote:

Hello friends,
What is kWh rate in your town?
I am guessing you are paying for the consumption of those who have jumpers over their meters.

Surigao City : 7.7194 pesos/kWh
Nobody Jumps on/over me 😆

To track back to the original target (long lost by the petty remarks)...

Pasig City (Metro Manila) consumed 530 KWH in April 2021, paid total 5,188 PHP (including tax, title and license...).

2 HD Tvs, numerous electric fans (no aircon) on demand hot shower water (avg about 7 showers/day total), 2 inverter refs, 1 small standard bar size ref, 1 standard 18 cu ft drop in freezer, all LED lights in the house.

Yes, most every electric company charges for "lost" electricity due to any reason.

Yes, most every electric company charges for "lost" electricity due to any reason.

Skip Scott.
Yes and convent electrification ???? ( paying for free electricity to religious businesses ) plus several other charges of dubious accounts.

We have a house in Baguio and we also own basic appliances with 2 pc's, 2 TV's, and 3 cellphones used and charged all day. Our electric bill is only 800-1,200 pesos a month. Saying that, its most likely the long usage of your ACs that make your bill skyrocket since we usually don't own ACs in Baguio.

We run our 1 1/2 hp downstairs aircon and our master bedroom 1 hp aircon 24/7. We run another 1 hp aircon in our nieces bedroom every night. All aircons are inverter split type. We also have a 3/4 hp well pump and I have my shop with a .6 hp window aircon that I seldom use. Last month we used 890 kwhs and the bill was P10,900 which I thought wasn't too bad since it is the only bill we pay besides phone and wifi loads.

If you have a 3/4 hp water pump it sounds like you live in the province.  Aren't you using LP gas for cooking?  What about water heater?  Doesn't that raise your utility costs, also?

Its a old post but thank you guys for contributing to the fact finds.

I have come to conclusion that the high electrical cost was due to the old window type aircons, all 3 of them.

I have since moved and now in my current residence, using new split type air cons both inverters.  They are higher HP then the previous units, total 4.5HP vs 2.5HP in the old unit.

My daily usage didn't change much and my electric bill is the around "same" ₱ monthly speaking, technically lower due to the recent meralco rate hike and I have more powerful aircons.

All in all, what I mean is my bill remained the same but I am using more power hungry devices. Efficiency is very important

If you own or rent for a extended period, using old Aircon non-inverter. It is definitely a good idea to replace them as they will likely pay for themselves in 2 years time give or take depending on usage. Remember to ask the owner of your unit if you are replacing them tho

smith041480 wrote:

If you have a 3/4 hp water pump it sounds like you live in the province.  Aren't you using LP gas for cooking?  What about water heater?  Doesn't that raise your utility costs, also?

I do live in the province, on Biliran Island.

I didn't want gas in my kitchen so I had the contractor up my service from the initial design 75 amps to 100 amps and wire it for an oven. I bought a free standing oven with a 4 burner induction cook top. I love the cook top, it will boil water in half the time of a gas burner and it uses less electric than radiant. The cooktop is also very easy to clean, spills don't get burnt on like the radiant glass cooktop I had in the states.

We also changed the original design of the dirty kitchen, it is now fully enclosed and part of the house. The cabinet maker is here now building the cabinets. I bought a 4 burner gas cooktop for the second kitchen that will be recessed into the counter top so I'm going to have gas in one kitchen, but we plan on having the gas bottle outside.

I have a tankless or on demand water heater in the master bath. I bought a small single shower model  but I'm sure it adds.to the electric cost. I bought a 7 kw diesel generator a couple weeks ago and I can hear the governor open up if I use the water heater when I'm on the generator. I went with a generator instead of a raised water tank.

We also have a municipal water meter and connection. The municipal water system has been upgraded recently with pumps and filters so no more sand and fish coming down the pipe. It all runs on a generator during brown outs.  I will tie the municipal water line into my water supply with a check valve and leave it on so if I'm in the shower when we have a brown out I will rinse off with the municipal water and don't have to go down stairs and out to my shop to start the generator.

@frankanderson  HI, I live in Butuan City, I Run one Aircon all day on the 1st floor with 2 fans, one in the kitchen and one in the living room. From time to time I will turn on the 2nd AC on the second floor if it get extremely hot. I pay from 2.7k php to 3.5k php a month on electric and 220php for water.

@Bukidnonkane the 2080s only use 280 watts at max load. If you have two of them you are only using 560 on max load. Rendering and doing graphical art will not push the cards to the max all the time. So you are probably running less than 560 watts.

@0914diaz. . . . . . HI, I live in Butuan City, I Run one Aircon all day on the 1st floor with 2 fans, one in the kitchen and one in the living room. From time to time I will turn on the 2nd AC on the second floor if it get extremely hot. I pay from 2.7k php to 3.5k php a month on electric and 220php for water

My last Meralco bill was for P12,248 for 11.71kph.

I posted details of my energy use under the topic "More Inflation" . . . . on June 24 . . . . . Post #17.

I run a 1.5 hp split LG inverter aircon on the ground floor and a Samsung 1 hp split inverter aircon on the second floor continuously. We have a 3/4 hp well pump and use a tankless water heater for showers in the master bath. We also use a automatic washer and heat pump dryer for all clothes washing. We had an inground pool installed and I run the filter pump 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening. Our security lighting is mostly solar.

I was using a little over 800 kwhs and paying around P10,000 monthly when we first arrived almost a year ago. Now I'm using 1,000 kwhs and paying P18,000 - P19,000 monthly. I believe the rates have increased. I said when we moved here I fully expected to pay P20,000 monthly to air condition the 220 sqm house so I was happy to pay half that at first. Now I'm paying closer to what I expected to pay. I'm OK with it since I don't pay rent or mortgage so besides cell phone and internet (less than $30) it is our only monthly bill. I have a municipal water connection we use mostly to water plants but it is only a couple bucks a month.
Im using window style units in each bedroom. The problem was since they dont work well thermostatically( you get to cold or hot while tring to sleep). Anyway, just installed a smart plug that you program from your phone and allows them to circulate whatever pattern you set. So on a hot night i can have them run 10 minutes each hour or on a cool night just 5. Also they keep track of the pwer used by day and month. They cost avout $10.
@sandArmando Thanks for recommending the Smart Plugs. Will try to find some. Sounds like a good idea.
We live S. of Manila in Dasmarinas City, in Cavite. At our house we are paying about P12,000 per month (more than double our bill in Florida, USA. where we have a house of almost the same square footage, 1,200 sq. ft., with central A/C, which is on most of the time.) Here we have small wall units in two bedrooms,, a one ton Samsung in and out inverter in the Living/Dining room and a Condura in and out inverter type in the primary bedroom. The primary is on all the time in the daytime. If it is 25 or 26 % at evening we turn them all off. We have regular electric washer and dryer which are used a lot, an inverter fridge and an inverter floor model freezer. Cooking is on a gas range. Four lights are on all night.
In Dipolog we have 2 air cons... 1/2 hp in one bedroom, hardly ever run, and a 1hp that keeps the small living room a little cooler as well... 1 refer, 1 washing machine, 2 fans on all day... 1 rice cooker... no bathroom water heater... we have gotten used to our showers together the Filipino way... bucket, and scoop...
When i am not home, Lyn runs the air in our room maybe about 3 to 5 hours each day..she likes it warme.... the bill averages about 3000 (when I am gone)
when I am home... the bigger air con runs 24/7... and the bill is avout 4500-5000.

We are currently purchasing a beach home in Dapitan,  and will be moving in August/September... Built by an American on a light house rock... There is a mini split in the upstairs master... but nothing down stairs in the home... but the whole entire downstairs is glass doors that all open up to the ocean... I am told that we will not need air con down... and only air con in master in the evening to cool it a bit before sleeping... We will see....

For those unaware, I'm here in San Fernando, Pampanga..

We've got  2 Air-con units running here - one in the bedroom that i share with my partner. the bedroom is large enough that i have able to section off a portion of it to be my office/work area.

the other air-con unit is in her daughter's bedroom. the daughter seems to have hers on 6-8 hours on most days of the week. we're trying to discipline or teach her to only have it on during the peak hours of the day when it's quite humid.

For me, since I work at night, i usually have ours on in the office/bedroom on for a few hours before dinner time up until midnight. And i will have a fan on behind me as the temperature goes down significantly between 1 am - 6 am.  I am able to work comfortably with just that. Then will have it  on for 3-4 hours in the morning so i can sleep if i do not have plans to go out to do any errands (banking, business meetings, grocery shopping)

I usually have both my laptops on as I am working. they are on for 8-12 hours a day. sometimes longer if i have extensive campaigns and many work tasks to work on.

we have a large 56 inch TV and my PS4 which I and the daughter play together on. but that is only for a few hours on the weekends.

Conclusively, our bill is approximately 5,3000 - 6000 monthly.

@Timo62 I got my smart plugs from Lazada. You need to order the high current version if your controlling an air conditioner.  Note the plug type, i could find no adapter for that type receptacle locally so ordered that from lazada also.Good luck and best regards.

Last electric bill P1649 no air, large ref, freezer, water dispenser fans only, have window air in bedroom not used in 5 years, I live in province a lot of trees around my house , water bill P100 I collect rain water for washing clothes
Here in the UK the average energy bill for the next 12 months is forecast at about P200,000 (yes no misprint). Essentially natural gas represents about 80% of that figure as it is the fuel that most households heat their homes with (gas boilers - wet system) the remainder electric. That represents a 300% increase on the previous 12 months. We can thank Mr Putin for most of that.

To all of you expats in the Philippines my dear old Yorkshire grandmother would have used the phrase - 'Ooh ack - ya don't know ya born lad'
Our last bill was just under 3000p. 252kW..  Would probably be 4000p in hotter summer months. Small, new 3 bdrm home in the highlands, so cooler.. AC in bedrooms but not used all the time as breeze at night. Occasional use in the afternoon. Smaller inverter fridge, and all LED lighting. Don't watch TV or have many power hungry appliances, just a few fans and laptops.
I have a 5 bedroom, 5 1/2 bath, plus maids room and bath. It's about 350 sqm using US sizing and 438 sqm measured thee filipino way. My 2 kids rooms upstairs each have a 1.5 HP split inverter AC. They turned 10 about 3 months ago but still sleep together. In the bedroom their AC is on about 10 hours each day. In the other room which they are using for online classes the AC is on about 7 hours a day. The MBR has a 2.5 hp SI AC that is on 24/7. My wife's walk in closet has a 1 HP SI AC but it's rarely on. The family room, dining room and living room each have a 3 Ton standing inverter AC, generally only 1 of these is on sporadically. The 2 guest rooms downstairs each have a 1 HP SI AC. My father and mother in law use 1 room and mostly just use a wall mounted fan. The other guest room is used sporadically. The dirty kitchen and maids room also have wall mounted fans. The 3 bedrooms upstairs have DC overhead fans. All lighting is LED. We have a large 3 door inverter ref. We also have a standing inverter freezer in the dirty kitchen. Our clothes washer is inverter, the dryer uses a heat pump. Of course the rice cooker is on generally, induction style. The coffee maker is well used. We have a 900 watt smart microwave and also an electric oven. The twins are on their laptops all the time, either for school or games. I have a 17" Alienware gaming laptop, the brick is rated 330 watts!  My last electric bill was 13,685 pesos for 1120 kwh.

@pilotdrh Very helpful information!  Thank you!!

@pilotdrh You have very cheap rates compared to mine. I use 1,000 kwhs and pay P19,000 per month.

Holy shit.. that's like USA rates.. at 0.337 /kw....Hawaii has the highest average electricity rate of 30.55 cents per kilowatt-hour

@pilotdrh You have very cheap rates compared to mine. I use 1,000 kwhs and pay P19,000 per month.

- @Moon Dog

I won't complain about mine then.
My 2 BR condo on Mactan runs about 10k-12k per month for Electricity, Water and Maintenance (HOA security, etc.) about $200 USD.. and I run the Aircon in BR 24/7 and in the LR roughly 12 hours per day and off at night... no complaints here!..   if it were in the States.. ur looking at probably $500+  per month.

@tpiro In FL electric would be lower.

When I lived in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania at one time you you had no choice about your electric supplier. Then they allowed choice and allowed you to pick your supplier. The one time original suppliers responsibility was only to deliver your electric.