Vaccines required in Malaysia

Hello everybody,

When living or moving abroad, and in particular in Malaysia, vaccination against certain diseases is often required to enter the country or to avoid risks.

We would like to ask you a few questions to help future expats there.

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?

Did you get vaccinated before moving to Malaysia?
Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended?

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for Malaysia? If so, why?

If you are an expatriate in Malaysia, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?

Many thanks,

Diksha,
Expat.com team

Diksha;
Please see my today Feb. 22, 2021 Topic "Malaysia Covid -19 Vaccination Start date, Orders and Cost." for the latest update.
I never refuse any vaccine since I was  a Kid

Dear Diksha at Expat.com,

I am pleased to send my response to your questions.

- I have no problem being vaccinated. I would, however, refuse a vaccine that came from China.

- Yes, I did - at my local GP surgery in the UK.  There was a whole list of recommended diseases to be vaccinated for in Malaysia.  I can remember being shocked that Yellow Fever and Rabies was on the list.

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for Malaysia? If so, why?
- No.

If you are an expatriate in Malaysia, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?
- Yes, I would, unless it was from China. No, I have no plans because it looks like the Malaysian government are not going to be prudent in this matter.  If it was possible for me to vaccinated (which I doubt), then I would probably enquire at my local health centre.

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?
- Do you mean for entering my country (from Malaysia),  or entering Malaysia (from my country)?  As I understand it, nobody can enter Malaysia from abroad.  As for entering England, Malaysia is not on the list of 32 'Red' countries so no quarantine is necessary. No vaccine is needed, only a recent COVID test.

I have no problems taking vaccines. I'm ex military and we took tons of vaccinations periodically.
No, vaccines weren't required coming from the United States.
No vaccinations required.
Is the COVID-19 vaccine required for entering the country now?
I'm not certain. I think Malaysia still requires a covid-19 test and quarantine.