is there any GOVERNMENT dentist Clinic or hospital accept foreigner?

Hi everybody

it has been so long drama today

long story short, I wen to dentist government clinic in Bangsar and they told me they don't accept foriegner(racist or something? I don't know)

Then I went to UM specialist centre and they said they accept foeigner, however, told me to wait 6 months to one year to do filling and cleaning!!!??

I went to private clinic, but was furstrated with their expensive prices

is there any government clinic or hospital could accept foreigner and just do it and finish?..if not, is there some good priced private clinic? not morethan 100 rm?

Thanks

Hey no body have information?

it is serious matter?..this forum is for expat,,so its supposed to be provided..please provide if any have

Hello there. Almost all Government Clinics and Dentists accept foreigners in Klang Valley area. The rate is slightly higher than what locals pay but not as expensive as Private clinics and dentists. If my rate is not out-dated, private clinics charges locals between RM50-RM70 for common cold and cough treatment while charges for foreigners can be RM100-RM150. Government clinics charges around RM30.00 for consultation and have different charges for meds but still way cheaper than private clinics.

Government dentists is cheaper but as you mentioned, you have to make appointment for extraction, filling and etc. The wait varies from days to weeks depends on urgency. This wait applies to locals too but the charges is way cheaper than private e.g. Private charges RM150.00/tooth for filling and Government dentist charges RM15 or free depending on your classification (I don't know how they classify you).

Here is the link to a list of Government Dentists (it's in Malay but you get the rough idea of the area):
http://www.moh.gov.my/index.php/databas … ore_view/7

Here is the link to a list of Government Clinics (also in Malay)
http://www.moh.gov.my/index.php/databas … ore_view/1

Hope this helps.

Hi  lotus star light.... You try to go SEGI college .I've try it myself so far so good.  If it's just cleaning and filling is free because the dentistry students will do for you but of course with the dentist.

troyventuress wrote:

Hello there. Almost all Government Clinics and Dentists accept foreigners in Klang Valley area. The rate is slightly higher than what locals pay but not as expensive as Private clinics and dentists. If my rate is not out-dated, private clinics charges locals between RM50-RM70 for common cold and cough treatment while charges for foreigners can be RM100-RM150. Government clinics charges around RM30.00 for consultation and have different charges for meds but still way cheaper than private clinics.

Government dentists is cheaper but as you mentioned, you have to make appointment for extraction, filling and etc. The wait varies from days to weeks depends on urgency. This wait applies to locals too but the charges is way cheaper than private e.g. Private charges RM150.00/tooth for filling and Government dentist charges RM15 or free depending on your classification (I don't know how they classify you).

Here is the link to a list of Government Dentists (it's in Malay but you get the rough idea of the area):
http://www.moh.gov.my/index.php/databas … ore_view/7

Here is the link to a list of Government Clinics (also in Malay)
http://www.moh.gov.my/index.php/databas … ore_view/1

Hope this helps.

I see...thank you very much

but I went to government clinic in bangsar and they tell me they don't accept forienger for filling and scalating??? and they said all government clinic is the same..so I want to know if you have been to government clinic? what is its name? and did they do for you filling the teeth? Thanks for the information..appreciated

Hi Lotus Star, I went to Klinik Kerajaan Petaling (Govt Clinic) and Klinik Pergigian Petaling (Govt Dentist) (both clinics are located adjacent to one another) at off Old Klang Road near the mosque heading to Puchong. It is indicated in the notice board that foreigners rate differs from local and they noted that foreigners are charged RM30.00 whereby locals RM1.00 for registration.

I am surprised that Bangsar Government Clinic does not accept foreigners, being one of highly populated areas with foreign residence. I cannot think of any reason why.

I hope this helps.

troyventuress wrote:

Hi Lotus Star, I went to Klinik Kerajaan Petaling (Govt Clinic) and Klinik Pergigian Petaling (Govt Dentist) (both clinics are located adjacent to one another) at off Old Klang Road near the mosque heading to Puchong. It is indicated in the notice board that foreigners rate differs from local and they noted that foreigners are charged RM30.00 whereby locals RM1.00 for registration.

I am surprised that Bangsar Government Clinic does not accept foreigners, being one of highly populated areas with foreign residence. I cannot think of any reason why.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for this! if I know about this clinic..it could be better then wasting time and money, it seems thos stuff at bangsar clinic misleading me, they said all government clinic don't accept forigner!!!..any way I went to private clinic and has done it

but it useful information...next time I will check this clinic if there is something..as for bangsar clinic, it was a big shock for me and I can't even understand any reason of this....its so stupid decision

Delilah Vitor wrote:

Hi  lotus star light.... You try to go SEGI college .I've try it myself so far so good.  If it's just cleaning and filling is free because the dentistry students will do for you but of course with the dentist.

Oh sorry I havn't noticing your comment...its free at segi college? but I am not segi student..and not malaysian..do they accept any body for free? thats good

I'm only replying to this because this thread caught my eye, I am a newly entered dentist whom studied in India whom had the privilege (or curse) to work in both private and public dental clinics.

It's a shame really, that the gov staffs now really dont give a ** about people...not that im talking just "expats" but people in general..the very lives they were sworn to keep healthy but can you blame them for a system that now charges foreigners the same price as private? Not only do we have to keep tabs of the receipt (I know, I use to manage one of these gov clinics BY MYSELF), I have to fill out extra forms, I have to fill in extra numbers in separate sheets as to what treatment, how many treatment, what charges, what medical conditions you have, what paper trail documents you might have to prepare for me to prepare to show a complete bureaucracy so that the foreign government do not think of us as a threat and does not become a liability, BLA BLA BLA, AND ALL THE WHILE LISTENING TO YOU FOLKS YAPPING ON THE PRICE (oh wtf so expensive? I might as well go to the private clinic), so yeah,

THATS WHY those idiots in the gov clinic said NOPE, the government does not treat foreigners (Essentially they said** please gtfo because we don't want to handle you in our new **  system because the system doesn't give a** about you and encourages us not to) and because of that, at the end of all that we would have do for you, YOU wont give a *** about us because of the way the system feels mistreating to foreigners and more paperwork and liabilities for just one patient that would delay the treatment of a whole number of other local douchebags in line to the complaint counter.

If you think I'm lying go research the new MOH.gov.my health charges for citizens and foreigners of malaysia, you will see this being implemented in just a few years or so. This is what really blew my wires...I knew health tourism is on the rise, and I know Malaysia depends on tourism as a large part of its GDP growth...now why the** would you take that away and strip malaysia of what was essentialy a gold mine and one that would benefit not one but two countries or more?

So I left government as of the end of 2016 and I'm fully private in a dental group chain where I will begin my work as an Expat relations dentist smart enough to realise modern economics, more so than un-travelled, un-global minded and naive citizens. Our education sucks as much as some of the western countries, don't judge its rather hypocritical.

I must digress however that Malaysian healthcare is one of the best in SEA region not because of its great 'systems' but because of its 'collective system' ranging from India, Singapore, Thailand, China/Hong Kong, and of course even western based universities. Sure its a gamble over here, sometimes you get quacks, sometimes you get genuines but isnt that everywhere in life? You think investment is not gambling? Who are you kidding? It says 'risk' right there on your 'presumed secure bonds' and people investment banking everyday

People thumb their nose at third world country immediately for valid reasons coming from displays of public hygiene and sanitation levels but people forget to see their own dirty toilets in their homes. Dirty doctors are everywhere but I believe, that because that third world doctor is willing to live in third world conditions and still provide you with at least matching services is a one up from your local doctor by itself as they will definitely be cheaper, and they sacrificed their personal comforts and progress (studying overseas and caring the f*ck of your dental problems) to not only treat you but give you a vacation to entice you for it. They are not only brilliant, they are bloody doing you a favor.

Whilst their own people suffer because of sucky government management and poor quality doctors that remain in government not because they are worthy employees but because these doctors have nowhere else to go and depend on government wages like welfare stipends (that is how pathetic the health system can become), these people (The private doctors that are more qualified and open minded to receive expats) took the middle ground but are unable to provide universal/social medicine, something the government should be doing not because they cant afford to (Which they can) but none of the doctors worth of value and quality are willing to put up with the stupid systems and live a life honest enough to say they are proud of what they have done for their patients. You know why? Because in government, you really dont see 'people' in that perspective, at least I never did as I climbed the ranks and I wanted out as soon as I could, the more I climbed, the more I saw how rotten and underdeveloped the system has become and I had to wait another 10 years just to even get a not confirmed shot on the decision table...until that time I have to reject patients?!! (Something that goes against the Hippocratic oath?) YOU TELL ME WTF IM SUPPOSE TO DO?!!

I've already shared some of my opinions but I already know what the answer will come down to. "I can't do anything dr, you'd have to take it up with the ministry," So if you ask me, its down to your view of what really you want to decide on health care, you cant be indecisive. Either you want aggressive medicine or conservative medicine, either you want quick pay per service or organized social medicine, you cant have it both ways and if your own country does not have socialized medicine than your country my friend, is almost the same as ours but at least our currency is fortunate enough not to be manhandled by greedy investors pushing fake values of currency through citizen paid bailouts so they are REASONABLY cheaper and fit the hippocratic oath of doctors serving patients within reasonable limits of profit for both.

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please mind your language!
New topic