MM2H medical insurance and registered clinic

I m MM2H applicant. Conditional approval letter is issued. I m looking for medical insurance agent and registered clinic for the requirements of MM2H.
Anyone can give me some recommendation.

For insurance check online for the various policy types (It's only hospitaliztion cover). I use Tokio Marine. If you go to the insurance company's offices to arrange you will save the 10% fee they pay to agents. I get a further 20% deduction by not making claims. Every company has there own policy build up and you need to check out things like, annual max, or lifetime max, etc. You can get your medical done by any clinic or doctor. There are lots of chain clinics. Just ring and check they are on the board of insurers. In Sungai Wang shopping centre there is a Dr Goh who does lots of MM2H medicals (it's a very basic typical Malaysian clinic - so don't be shocked :-0 ) Or this is another one - https://www.practo.com/kuala%20lumpur/c … ala-lumpur  Depends where you currently are based what is convenient.

Hi, check with Yvonne Lim at      [email protected]        When you google Joystay MM2H you'll find more info.  I got my MM2H visa through her, excellent service.  I don't remember my ins. co. since I'm still in the USA and plan to move next year.  Good luck Paul

Gravitas, thank you very much for your info.
May I know what special plan of insurance? and the cost insurance and medical checkup?
Do I need to make an appointment before I go?
The most basic/cheapest plan are good for me. :thanks:

Insurance premium depends on age and level of coverage. Medical check up about RM150. Yes make an appointment for convenience. Dr Goh at Sungai Wang Mall you can usually walk in without appointment.

I will arrive KL tomorrow. I ll stay in Bukit Bintang. Any suggestion of reliable exchange shop with better rate? Is there any limit of how much I can change?

I think you just need to look around and find the best rates and the ones where the queues are long. There is a good one in the basement of Mid-valley Megamall and they have very long queues all day everyday, and their rates are fixed and good. However, I'm sure you will find lots of good ones in the BB area. If you exchange a lot of currency then you can sometimes negotiate a better rate than that shown on the board.

I don't think there is any limit to how much you can exchange, but if there was then just do more the next day or at another money changer. I've bought foreign currency equivalent to RM40k at money changers and they just asked me for a day in order to come up with the other currency. I doubt there will be any problems buying large amounts of Ringgit except your own safety.

H Gravias,
May I know how long will I need to wait to get my the health insurance letter for MM2H office
if I go to the insurance company myself in KL.

And regarding the medical report from Clinic, do you have the phone no. of Dr Goh. at Sungai Wang Mall
so that  could call in advance for booking.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks in advise.

garylo wrote:

H Gravias
May I know how long will I need to wait to get my the health insurance letter for MM2H office
if I go to the insurance company myself in KL.

And regarding the medical report from Clinic, do you have the phone no. of Dr Goh. at Sungai Wang Mall
so that  could call in advance for booking.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks in advise.

Anyone could give me some info. and recommendation for the above ?

When I arranged my MM2H medical insurance I was able to collect the policy document and cover note (certificate) after about 2 working days from their branch in KLCC. I walked in to buy the insurance (having done some online research) and did not use an agent (thereby saving 10% on the cost as that amount is already built in to the premium - which goes to the agent)

Not sure if this number still works +60 3-2142 3773. Just be prepared its a tiny rundown clinic and Dr Goh is about 75-80 years old

Gravitas wrote:

When I arranged my MM2H medical insurance I was able to collect the policy document and cover note (certificate) after about 2 working days from their branch in KLCC. I walked in to buy the insurance (having done some online research) and did not use an agent (thereby saving 10% on the cost as that amount is already built in to the premium - which goes to the agent)

Not sure if this number still works +60 3-2142 3773. Just be prepared its a tiny rundown clinic and Dr Goh is about 75-80 years old

Hi Gravitas, 
I'm from Taiwan and my whole family is under the medical protection of National Health Insurance from the Taiwan government. So can I use the official evidence letter in English issued by the "National Health Insurance Administration Department" to fulfil the insurance requirement of MM2H ?

Does your medical cover from Taiwan include treatment obtained in Malaysia?

If not, you need a policy that covers you in Malaysia. The local policies only cover hospitalization and directly related expenses

Gravitas wrote:

Does your medical cover from Taiwan include treatment obtained in Malaysia?

If not, you need a policy that covers you in Malaysia. The local policies only cover hospitalization and directly related expenses

Yes,  for any overseas medical treatment  outside Taiwan, we can claim for refund according to the coverage policy to get back part or all of the expenses.

So under this coverage,  do we fulfil the MM2H requirement ?

Thanks

I don't think that is insurance because you don't have any financial coverage or indemnity for immediate treatment in Malaysia.

Local insurance called a medical card allows cashless admissions to hospital which your Taiwanese NHS does not provide. You would need to put down a deposit for any hospital treatment before admission. All other health care is pay as you go.

I suggest you explore this further but insurance is low cost here and is protection against catastrophic expenses and easy admission and immediate care (eg in case of an accident or emergency illness).

Gravitas wrote:

I don't think that is insurance because you don't have any financial coverage or indemnity for immediate treatment in Malaysia.

Local insurance called a medical card allows cashless admissions to hospital which your Taiwanese NHS does not provide. You would need to put down a deposit for any hospital treatment before admission. All other health care is pay as you go.

I suggest you explore this further but insurance is low cost here and is protection against catastrophic expenses and easy admission and immediate care (eg in case of an accident or emergency illness).

Understood, thanks for your suggestion.   How can I know the annual cost of minimal medical insurance for my whole family ?

It's based on level of indemnity (value of health care) you choose plus age and pre-existing conditions. You will find calculations online at insurance company websites.

https://www.imoney.my/medical-insurance

I think Tokio Marine does a cut down version especially for mm2h. Visit or speak directly via their customer service line

Just ensure you have accessible cash if you choose a low value insurance. Admission charges range between 20-150k in private hospitals and 5-100k in government hospitals