Petronal Medical, urine drug test.

Hi,

I have received a offer from a Malaysian MNC to work in KL as a independent contractor software developer.
I have been informed that I would be required to do a Petronas Medical after arrival in KL.

I would like to know what Petrons Medical consists of and what if any preparations I need to do for the same.

I would also like to know if it will have a urine drug test or any other drug test. I do not do drugs but happened to smoke weed a few times since the start of this year and had a glass of  'bhang' on the occasion of Holi. The last time i smoked was about 3 days ago. Should I be concerned about testing positive in a drug test? If yes what precautions or measures can I take to pass cleanly. In the worst case if I test positive, will that lead to a  immediate termination of my contract permanently ? If I test positive can I asked to be retested?

Any advice on the same is much appreciated.

acmemaverick wrote:

I do not do drugs but happened to smoke weed a few times

It seems you are, by your own admission, a druggie

acmemaverick wrote:

The last time i smoked was about 3 days ago. Should I be concerned about testing positive in a drug test?

Yes - It can stay in your system for a long time. THC is fat soluble so enters your body fat then is re-released slowly back into your blood, possibly for up to three weeks , but a urine test can show THC for two months.
The more you smoke, the longer you'll show positive.

acmemaverick wrote:

If yes what precautions or measures can I take to pass cleanly.

Don't do the test

acmemaverick wrote:

In the worst case if I test positive, will that lead to a  immediate termination of my contract permanently ? If I test positive can I asked to be retested?

Drugs are an extremely serious issue in Malaysia so there's a better than average chance you'll be out and staying out. possibly deported if the authorities get wind of it.

There is no medical required by immigration for jobs with salary above 5k. However the company may require one for hiring or getting medical insurance cover.

Don't mess with any drugs in Malaysia

Medicals would likely include a chest xray because of TB and probably blood work aimed at identifying communicable diseases

Here is the Petronas medical content in detail

https://kberkat.com.my/medical-check-up/

Hi,

Thank you for the link. The medical is required by the company to provide insurance cover.

I do not intend to consume or possess any drugs in Malaysia. I am just concerned about failing the test concerning my previous consumption.

Would I be required to produce any medical documents stating details of any medical history?

You would probably be given a self declaration form to fill out which will ask you about previous illness and treatment.