Introduction from new group member

I'm a journalist living in Washington, DC but lived in Rio for five years in the 1990s. I'm married to a Venezuelan and we're thinking of moving to Rio, and this looked like a great place to get answers to some important questions and get to know people. We wouldn't be moving for a few months but am trying to find out about visa requirements, what are possibilities of getting a non-tourist visa and renting an apartment, among other things. I have a job with a U.S. based company and will probably be hiring one-person for an entry level position. So basically I just am hear to learn and get to know people and will periodically post queries. Tamben, eu falo portnahol. Obrigado, Ken

ken.silverstein wrote:

I'm a journalist living in Washington, DC but lived in Rio for five years in the 1990s. I'm married to a Venezuelan and we're thinking of moving to Rio, and this looked like a great place to get answers to some important questions and get to know people. We wouldn't be moving for a few months but am trying to find out about visa requirements, what are possibilities of getting a non-tourist visa and renting an apartment, among other things. I have a job with a U.S. based company and will probably be hiring one-person for an entry level position. So basically I just am hear to learn and get to know people and will periodically post queries. Tamben, eu falo portnahol. Obrigado, Ken

Oh wow.... I found you on Wikipedia. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the group from an Icelander whose family immigrated to the USA, (yes, I am a US citizen), and now, I am a Permanent Resident of Brasil.