New members of the Brazil forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Brazil forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Brazil if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi pessoal !

I am Chloé, and honoured to be the first 2019 "introduce yourself" ;)

I am a french student and I just arrived in Sao Paulo last week end. I will be in internship for 3 month around Santa Cecilia.
I would love to meet new people, maybe learn tips about the city or brazilian portuguese language (that i am learning actively). Let me know if you are in for a cafe, beer, or cachaça !

Até mais

I am new to the Brazil forum.

Lived in Argentina for 3 years--fluent in Spanish.  Conversational Portuguese.

Here is a little of what I posted in another thread:

As a pilot for a global airline I have spent hundreds of days in the big cities, but I have never ventured out to the countryside.

Rio--by far--is the least secure city for expats.

Sao Paulo would be perfect for me, but too expensive if I retire early--unfortunately.

In my opinion, and I have taken subways all over Sao Paulo day and night, there is NO COMPARISON (provided one stays out of the know bad areas)  to the risks one takes in Rio venturing out anywhere--day or night.

I intend to retire soon, in either Uruguay or Brazil and have my sights set on the south--no further from Uruguay than Porto Alegre.

Anyone ever been to Uberlandia or the southern countryside way, way down south?

Thanks in advance.

George

* please do not take any of my comments as a stab at the country of Brazil--these are my personal perceptions from literally hundreds of trips there in the last 20 years.

I love Brazil and the people.

Welcome aboard Chloé! If you were in Novo Hamburgo I would take you up on the beer! Enjoy yourself
in Brazil and good luck!

airlinepilot,

Welcome aboard! Rio Grande do Sul bordering Uruguay is a huge state. So you can select a lot of nice cities from the mountains to the beaches!

Good luck!