Favorite home food

We enjoy the local fare in the Philippines but after a few years we may remember the things we missed back home and if we see them on the Supermarket shelves we almost jump for joy.                                       British expats will enjoy these items I found on the shelves of SM and they also have Frozen Tescos Brussel Sprouts, something I didn't like much when growing up but lovely to remember the flavor.
S & R do lots of imported food, we found a small slice of Atlantic Cod and brought home to cook slowly in Butter and savor the flavor after 14 years.

Want to post a picture from my worktop in JPG but don't know how........no drag and drop function?

So here is the descriptions: (biscuits) TESCO's  Milk Chocolate Oaties, Tesco's Fig Rolls, Tesco's Malted Milk, Tescos Custard Creams, Tescos Bourbon Creams, Tescos NICE Biscuits. Tescos Fruit currant shortcakes.   
and if you like the "Mushy peas" over a meat pie then sprinkled with mint sauce, find a tin of peas labelled "UFC Green Peas " You will be amazed at the taste and smell, I spooned out the peas when i opened up the tin, couldn't wait to be warmed up!

We have been able to find most of the ingredients we need for some western dishes though there are a few things that I miss that do pop up from time to time at places like S&R.

Things I do miss:

A good pot roast cooked slowly and simmering in a beefy broth with potatoes, carrots, a litter celery and a few spices.
A nice fresh slice of key lime pie.
A  good beef stick  (Jerky can usually be found at S&R)
A box of wheat thin crackers
A bag of real black licorice  (found some on Lazada)
A great beef pot pie.

Waffle house restaurants and a plate of scrambled eggs with cheese and onions and crispy hot hash brown potatoes with a couple big slices of bacon.....

Peter Clark wrote:

We enjoy the local fare in the Philippines but after a few years we may remember the things we missed back home and if we see them on the Supermarket shelves we almost jump for joy.

Many years ago, an IHOP branch opened near our area in Fairview, Quezon City. I was eager to order some buttermilk pancakes. But I ended up very disappointed. First, they didn't have their signature dish Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity. Second, their pancakes were dry. (I can make better pancakes from a pancake mix.) Third, the price was definitely not worth it. I forgot what we ordered. But I do remember, it wasn't what I expected, but in a bad way.

Over a year ago, I found buttermilk at S&R. I was so happy. I made buttermilk pancakes from scratch. Delicious fluffy buttermilk pancakes. Yum!

But what would really really make me happy would be finding a box of Meetinghouse Biscuits (original San Francisco brand), one of my favorite American comfort food, in the frozen section. But that would be like asking for a miracle.