Costs of Portuguese citizenship

Hello,

Can somebody provide an indication reg. the costs for the entire process of the acquisition of the Portuguese citizenship / "Naturalisation"?
What are the costs for a lawyer/legal support, passport, citizenship declaration/certificate, language tests etc?

Just a ballpark figure would do.

Thanks a lot!

R

As a UK citizen and EU citizen (at the time in 2019), I attained citizenship and NHR for around €25.

That was aquiring Residency on a long term but temporary basis with tax privileges for 10 years, but not citizenship.
That is something I may consider, or not, in 5-10 years time.

I completed Residency all myself by taking my identity documents to local Financas and town hall offices

Can be done in a day. 
No lawyer or assistance required.

A book "living in Portugal" by Blevin Franks, available online for under €10 was very helpful.

Hello,

thanks a lot for the reply and the feedback. I also have a really my residency, as property and I have a registration with the finance authorities since 2004.

And the cost for that was as well around 25/€30.

I'm now trying to figure out what would be the costs for a Portuguese passport, so really for citizenship. I know that's just the passport is such is already €60-€80. But this is not the only costs, there is more involved. Perhaps somebody is able to provide any indication about the overall costs for  a Portuguese citizenship?

Thanks!

R

Hi Rainer, Welcome.
Here you have the answers to your questions. You don't need a lawyer. You can do everything by yourself :)https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 97#5022340