New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hello, my name's Narges and I'm a Tailor . I don't live in Turkey, but i would  like to move there if I can find a job in my field.
I'm 25 years old and I intend to immigrate to Turkey, of course I want to immigrate for work ‌  . It would be great if I could find a tailor in Turkey(Of course, with a place to sleep) Because I have no place to live in Turkey
I have a sewing design diploma and I am somewhat fluent in Turkish ...

Hi

I would like to improve my Turkish and I hope to help you better your English.
Canadian living in Istanbul and Fethiye.

Kindly
Aylin

Hello
I also live in Vancouver, Canada and Istanbul! Love life in both countries but prefer living in Turkey.

Have grown children, hope to provide insight into life here coming from Canada.

Respectfully
Aylin

Hi
Am from Canada, recently moved to İstanbul. My passions are travel, running Marathons, sailing and tennis. Looking forward to meeting new friends.
Kindly
Aylin

Hi
I am Ubaid from Pakistan and I have diploma in petroleum engineering and i looking for a job

Hi
My name is shahzaib Ahmed from Pakistan,
I am searching a new job in turkey my past experience is Customer service-oriented Travel Agent with 4 years career experience in Travel and Tourism industries. Possesses expertise in strategic portnership identification and development event planning and travel coordination. Key sküls include time management organization and written one verbal communication.
Skills relationship management, domestic & international expertise, Negotiation, transportation coordination, logistical planner , Event planner i was move that way i am searching job.

Thank you

I'm Behfar, I'm single, 38, new to Istanbul, I'll be glad to meet you here!

Hi, Narges, I'm pretty new to Istanbul and I'm looking for a roomate. You can pay your share after your job is found.

Hello all,

I'm Maria from Canada. I'm planning to move to Turkey in 2023 with my husband and baby. Ideally we would like to live in Izmir but plans are pretty flexible at this point. I see many other Canadians trying to flee the cold! 😂

Hi Maria
Am from Vancouver, BC.. divide my time here between Fethiye, Kemer and İstanbul. Life is much better here with warm people, incredible selection of produce and perfect weather in all seasons. I would not return to Canada as Turkey has much more to offer!

Sincerely
Aylin

My name is jamil Sarr Gambian. I would like to relocate to Turkey.

My name is jamil Sarr Gambian. I would like to relocate to Turkey.

Jamil my friend. Can I please ask you where you are living now and when you intend to make the move to Turkey.

To keep it short. I moved here from the USA 10 weeks ago. Hired a lawyer and a real estate broker before I left the USA. After many months of investigation, I decided on the city of Kusadasi as the place to retire. I have a condo, my 2-year residency card, my tax ID, and opened a bank account. All this was made easier for me because of primarily the Lawyer and also my real-estate broker.

If I can be of any help please let me know.

Dennis

Hello Aylin:

Try using a site "babble"

I am just learning and find babble helpful. I communicate with my fiance on WhatsApp and we are always using as many Turkish words as possible to talk to each other

See if you like it?

Dennis

I'm living in the Gambia and I would to come there next month.

Hi my name is Abigail ,am a nurse and looking forward to work in Turkey but am from Ghana can anybody help me relocate to Turkey to work there ?

My name is Mohamed Kamara. A development worker who believes in putting people in the centre of their own development process. I have 14 years of development and emergency management experience with many key development work skills. I intend to move to Turkey, live and work there but really I dont know where to start. I need your help.

- request visa
- take a fly
- rent a flat for one year where you want to be
- pay a lawyer for papers
- in one, two months you are done.
QUESTION
How can I find developers in a city / country to buy direct from them ?
Thank you.

Hi,
My name is Sam. I moved from California to Istanbul back in July and have been living here since. I taught ESL and EFL in the United States and that's what I am planning to be doing here. I will be glad to be in touch with the users of this forum.

Sam

Hi Ayla,
My wife and I moved from California to Istanbul this last July. We too feel the restrictions caused by the COVID, but we leave home whenever we feel the pressured of staying indoor. Looks like the restrictions are gradually fading away though! Which part of the US did you come from?

Sam

Hi Mannai000,
I am Sam. I moved from California to Istanbul July 2021. I'm glad I found someone from home!

Aslama Alaikum i am shahzad from pakistan  and the manager of pharmacy, now i am looking better opportunity of managing in turkey.

contact me

Hello to all!
My name is Sam. My wife and I moved from California to Istanbul July 2021 after living  for almost our entire lives. Why the move? Unbearable expensive life in the US in general, particularly California (for no beneficial reasons to us!), plus the political game and other reasons prompted us to leave and move to Istanbul. My wife is Iranian, so Istanbul being in the vicinity of Iran for her to visit her family was another reason for making the move. I taught ESL in California for years, and I intend to do the same in Istanbul if the opportunity comes up. I love to meet new people from all walks of life and any ethnicities here in this forum; so please send a "hi" if you like. Look forward to making new friends.

Hi Alan,
I'm not teaching right now. I used to teach in California. However, I would like to start teaching here in Istanbul if an opportunity comes up. As a matter of fact I did find a teaching job in one of the language schools near where I live but I turned down the offer because the pay was ridiculously low (22 Liras per hour). Right now I am completing my master's degree online and will graduate this December. After I get my degree, then I can apply for teaching jobs at universities here where they offer attractive packages. Are you planning to live here or just visit?

Sam

You got that right! The only states with the least rednecks are California, New York, Massachusetts and a couple of other states, but then the drawback about these states is the high cost of living. America is no longer the America it used to be decades ago. Take it easy Alan.

Sam

Hi Forough,
I'm not sure how demanding the market in Turkey for the oil and gas market is but I do know that the demand for this kind of industry is pretty high in Canada and the US. I lived in Canada for 5 years where I met a few Iranian engineers specializing in oil and gas who had immigrated to Canada and were working with high salaries in prestigious Canadian companies. How's you English?

Sam

Dear lenruck,

Please tell us details of your story so that others will not have the same experience as you did.

lenruck wrote:

Hi all my name is len from South Africa. I'm a qualified facility manager with qualifications in safety security, building inspector. I have been scammed by a company in Ankara out of 11000 USD.

Can any one give me advise on reporting the matter ?
Thanks
[link moderated]

Dear lenruck,

I did notice the message late. Did you have any luck getting your money back? Unfortunately these scammers are becoming more prevalent these days. Most of them operate internationally with local collaborators. Please tell us the story in details. At least I can personally report the matter to the cybercrimes department. CIMER is also very professional in following up with all the complaints.

Rednecks is a pretty derogatory term, and to say that America is not what it used to be decades ago is to romanticize the past. The past was pretty bleak for many people.

I didn't mean to offend anyone By saying "America is not what it used to be decades ago" By saying so, I was referring to the changed values in America which sadly is the truth. I have always admired America for its so many great qualities, however, truth be told, politics has changed so many things. In fact, Americans are being manipulated by the demagogues who unfortunately have detrimental influence in the lives of the great people of America.

Hi everyone,
My name is Lukas Mayer, I'm from Austria recently moved to Turkey. I'm self employed as I trade the Foreign Exchange market daily and it has been awesome. I also invest in cryptocurrency (I see crypto as a wiser way to save because you gain as you save). I'll like to meet great mind here wherein we can share ideas

Hello, I'm new here but I'm an expat in the financial market, if you need any service, market or stock tips i will be happy to help.

best regards,
Lukas

Dear Julien.

thank you so much for welcoming me here. I'm a german pensioner living in Hamburg and plant my own vegetables since years in a little allotment garden. Since years I'm planning to go to a warmer European country to enjoy the milder winter and go on planting my own food. Since I love Alanya and come here since years, I thought in finding a house there or an apartment with garden.

I love traveling (Sri Lanka, Dominican Republic, Kenya etc), fishing, mushrooming, cooking, collecting wild herbes etc..

Until now i did not find a broker or a portal with houses or apartments offered for sale. May be you know!?

Margit

Hi everyone, my name is James and I just moved to Ankara, Turkey about a month ago.

I joined this forum to hopefully connect with other expats in Turkey, learn about travel opportunities, and enjoy my time here.

-James

welcome aboard James!

Dear Margit,
what area or city are you interested in?

Hi, am Tina from Ghana 🇬🇭,I need a job as cleaner in turkey, I have valid passport

Hello Everyone
I'm Samin, Iranian, and 3 month ago moved to İzmir.
Hope here I can find more friends from different nationalities and having a good time.

Hi, am Tina from Ghana, am 25 years old. I need a job in turkey, ready to relocate

Closed