New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

could please explain the covid challenges you have been subject to:

Dennis

Hi Amelicoz,
My name is Sam. I am an American citizen living in California. I am about to retire, and interested to spend the rest of my life in Izmir. I am thinking about teaching English while I will be living there. I have a bachelor's degree in Linguistics and a master's degree in TESOL. What job opportunities can I expect to be offered in Izmir? Thank you.

Hello everyone,
My name is Sam. I hope everyone is doing well. I live in California, USA, and I am new to this forum. I am bout to retire, and am thinking to move to Izmir and while I will be spending my retirement years, begin teaching English there. I hold a bachelor's degree in Linguistics and a master's degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). I will greatly appreciate any feedback on life in Izimir and the prospects of finding a teaching job there.

Hi Sam,

Greetings from Antalya!

Izmir is very nice place in terms of weather, geographical location, landscape, and industrial growth. I am sure you will enjoy your time in Izmir. As pandemic has changed learning modes and people are more comfortable to participate in online learning models. This situation gave rise to the demand of private lesson teachers. You can try to start with private lessons by announcing on local advertising networks especially on Sahibinden.com. I hope you will get good response.

Best Regards,
Dr. Muhammad

Hi guys, I came to Adana to live here for three months, I just know few words in Turkish and I love to find some friend here.

Hi dear,
Thank you very much. I am here in Antalya. You are welcome to Antalya anytime. You may contact me directly at my instagram ***

Best regards,

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : External link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, Adana is a great place to live. I had been there for a period. Kebap and salgam were my favourites. Unfortunately the summer months are extremly hot.  You can ask me anything about there. Enjoy it

Hello my name is Dennis and I currently live in the USA and am considering retiring in Antalya.
Looking for a friend there who may give me some insight into living in Antalya

Hi guys,

My name is Adam, I am a software engineer working for a company in London, UK. I came to Turkey 2 weeks ago, rent an apartment and getting ready to start my life here. I am looking for friends who speak English as it is my language, and preferably some Turkish to teach me ;)

If you are up to it, I would love to make new friends and do social activities together.

regards

Hi Adam ,

This Eman . I'm planning to live in turkey but I'm waiting to get a job. I spent my life in uae .
Hope you settle nicely.

Good luck

Hi Eman,

thank you very much. Out of interest, what is your occupation?

Where you from.. exactly .. I am in turkey Istanbul.. Fatih.. from Pakistan

Where you living nowadays..

Hi Adam ,

I'm leasing director with Sharjah government.

Hello, I would like to leave France I can't live here anymore, could you please tell me more? I would like to leave this year

Hi dear,

Good to know you here. You are welcome to Antalya anytime. Antalya is excellent place to live in Turkey

Hello Everybody,
My name is Devrim, I am living in Ankara, Turkey. I am a mining engineer and have been trading commodities for years. If you are living/planning to live in Ankara, please do not hesitate to contact me regarding your support or information needs. Welcome!

Hi my name is asim Ali. I'm from pakistan. I want to electrician job in turkey. I have good experience in E&I. I have service in malaysia 3 years experience in HVAC experts sdn bhd now I want to new job in turkey.

Graham - We are considering purchasing in Turkey.  How did you choose that area to live/what attracted you to it?

Hi Muhammad,
Thank you so much for your helpful response to my inquiry. Do you live in Izmir? Another thing I am curious about is whether depositing a large amount of money in a savings account in the Turkish banks is a safe idea!? Any recommendations on that? Thank you for your time, Muhammad.

Devrim:

My name is Dennis Cole and I currently live in Philadelphia PA. I am looking to retire in Antalya, and I need a furnished apartment to rent. I would like to stay in the $400 to $600/month. My finance would like to be close to the beach, pet friendly place, close to shopping and street food. Since I do not speak Turkish yet, being in an ex-pat area might be more convenient for us. Please contact me by messaging me first and then we can arrange a phone call if you wish (maybe thru (WhatsApp). Other amenities if possible, would clothes washer, Balcony, and pool.

Thank you so much for any help you can give us..

Dennis Cole

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Hi,

The best cities to live in Turkey are Istanbul Izmir Mugla Antalya and Bursa.

Istanbul is the biggest metropolitian city and crowded. Howewer, it has peaceful districts and attaractive social amenities.

Antalya is the touristic capital of Turkey. There are a lot of expats living there,i n especially Alanya.

Mugla is an amazing place.

Peaceful and calm bays. Sea and beach. Cruise and Sunset. Proximity to the islands...

tarzan1945 wrote:

Hi Muhammad,
Thank you so much for your helpful response to my inquiry. Do you live in Izmir? Another thing I am curious about is whether depositing a large amount of money in a savings account in the Turkish banks is a safe idea!? Any recommendations on that? Thank you for your time, Muhammad.

Government quarantee limit to each individiual bank accounts is 150.000 TL. I suggest that you should divide your savings to several reliable bank in a way that do not exceed this limit.

TanyaTr wrote:

Good morning,
We are thinking of retiring in Alanya next year or so. It would be greatly appreciated if you could share the cost of living there. We plan to buy a villa to get a citizenship. We would like to get info for family of 2 and a large breed dog : maintenance of villa and utilities, property taxes, health insurance, car expenses, 2 cell phones, internet, food, any other expenses to consider.
Thank you very much!

Hi Tanya,

I appreciate your decision of living in Turkey. Alanya is one of the best district for expats to live.

The following link is helpful for comparing cost of living between Alanya and Toronto.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … ty2=Alanya

Kindly best regards,

i would like to ask an help,i qm looking for an employer that is willing to to hired a nanny at the same time a house helper in turkey.can you help.me find or can youbtell me where to apply?

Thank you for your helpful response!

Are there any ex-pats living in Kusadahi that I can talk about their experience there?

Dennis

I am a retired teacher and am looking to move to Turkey in approximately three years. Could you tell me about the cost of living?

Thank you

Which city or cities are you looking at? That will impact cost of living.

I advice to review the following link. It is accurate and helpful. You can compare any city in Turkey to your homeland.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/

Looking for ex-pats (english speaking) as possible friends in Kusadsasi as I am making arrangements to retire there and would like to now your experiences in Turkey. I am on Whatsapp also if you would prefer to talk there

Dennis Cole

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Thank you.

I introduced our self first
My name is Muhammad usman khalid and i live in Pakistan and i am a paramedic technician. And i can search a job for related our field. Any medical job for my realted field any hospital contact mee plz for my batter carrier i shell b very thankful to you...

cc julien enchantée
je suis nadjet de l'Algérie j'ai un visa en Turquie pour un an , je veux en profiter pour aller travailler là-bas mais le problème c'est que je connais personne, je ne suis pas forte en anglais en revanche je parle français arabes et ma langue maternelle qui est le kabyle.
alors si vous voulez bien m'aider je ne dirais pas non
merci thnamirth :)

hi

My name is Faiz, Im a chef. i had work in bangkok and kuwait. Right now im looking for oppotunity or investor to help me open a Thai restaurant in Istanbul. I used to studied Lise in kayseri and university in istanbul, i also have relatives who live in Istanbul.

I will also post in Forum looking for investor.

if anybody at all interested, please visit and give some idea.

Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing good. my name is Shweta and I currently live in Inida. Working in Sales for Entertainment park (Destination Travel, kind of like the Vialand or Disneyland) industry and am considering moving to Istanbul.
Looking for some guidance, as i am searching for jobs there. Any job portals or guidance will be of great help.

Thank you.

Hi sheweta,

These web sites regarding job advertisements are very popular in Turkey

Kariyer.net
Yenibiris.com

You can review these web sites by using chrome browser language translator. Some advertisements are published as English anyway.

Also, I suggest having  a look at these articles. They may be guide you.

https://aalrealty.com/blog/categories/l … rkey/jobs/

Kindly best regards,

Dear Bkont ,

Thank you so much for your reply. i will go through the links.
Thank you! :)

Thank you for your welcoming  :)

Actually i'm now in turkey since 5 years .

i will for sure share my experience and advices ( especially concerning the real estate sector ).

thanks again .

Closed