New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hello superphily,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

You should consider starting a new thread to ask your questions around the topic of cost of living on the Thailand forum.

Best of luck!

Diksha
Expat.com team

Good morning
my name is Vincenzo, I am 56 years old, I am a computer science teacher (with a degree in information science and specialized computer science) I would like to move to Thailand initially for short periods and then permanently. I have already been in this beautiful country looking first of all for a cheap accommodation (a room with a bathroom) and then a chance of a job.
if anyone can give me some advice thanks

hello everyone im jennifer mcdonagh from philippines i was planning to relocate and move there to start new life im a skilled worker i work in many kinds of job from restawrant bars pubs hotels and office works im also a musician a singer for 21 yrs i would like to move there and live on my own and start my new life but i dont know how to start? please assist me 🙏 thank you

Hi Jennifer and welcome
It makes a big difference to know exactly where you would like to locate to
in Thailand. Different locations have different job opportunities

Steve

changmai or bangkok

Hi, Bangkok has about everything it's of course a major city.
I don't know much about Chaingmai

Steve

I lived in both CM and Bangkok and don't like either. Just too much air pollution. You can always catch a bus or drive to a  big city but it doesn't mean you have to live there.

Hi , I'm good just in pattaya now

im still inphilippines but planning to relocate there

Hello Everyone,

Greetings from India!!

Hope you are all doing well. I am new to expat.com, would like to meet the people from Hospitality back ground. I have the skills and the qualities for Reservations / Revenue Manager role. I am always keen to learn and develop, I am a positive person who always emrbace change. I am well experienced in Revenue, Reservations & Front Office, handle all aspects of booking procedures, handle No Shows, Cancellations, Reconfirmations, handle telephone calls, guests visa's, group bookings, i am flexible, approachable, well organized, interpersonal skills, good at multi tasking, able to speak Arabic. Attend morning briefings, credit meetings and P&L meetings,  have run the revenue meetings, evaluate the mid year and annual performance reviews for colleagues, setting up the PDP's & Goals for Colleagues, setting up the upselling targets for Front Office.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Firasat

HI there,
I am Adina and from Texas.  I am a professor in Qatar but have put in my resignation because I am moving to Koh Samui in June.  I am going to be there in december with my mom, who bought a neighboring house, and am so excited to finally see where we are going to live!
I am not worried about anything regarding myself, at the moment, but I want to know if there is any group of seniors in Thailan online who may get together for meals or travel.  I know about Sisters of Samui but I am thinking one particularly for people my mom's age.
Thank you!!

Adina in Thailand wrote:

HI there,
I am Adina and from Texas.  I am a professor in Qatar but have put in my resignation because I am moving to Koh Samui in June.  I am going to be there in december with my mom, who bought a neighboring house, and am so excited to finally see where we are going to live!
I am not worried about anything regarding myself, at the moment, but I want to know if there is any group of seniors in Thailan online who may get together for meals or travel.  I know about Sisters of Samui but I am thinking one particularly for people my mom's age.
Thank you!!

Welcome to the Thailand forum.

Feel free to start a new thread on that subject.

It will be interesting to see if many people reply.

Of course we don't like to refer people away from expat.com, but it's possible you will find a group on Facebook.

Good luck!

I have been researching on FB and other places but had no luck. I am considering starting something, myself

Hello nadimmahjoub,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Should you have any specific questions you would like to ask, do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Thailand forum.

Meanwhile, I invite you to read the Living in Thailand guide.   ;)

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hi, everyone! My nickname is Sai. I don't usually say private information about myself since I'm shy. I'm not planning to move to Thailand yet, maybe in the future. But I'm planning to travel there hopefully soon when the world is already Covid-free. I fell in love with Thailand a few years ago due to the influence of some popular artists there. I'm an English teacher and I'm from the Philippines. It's nice to be here 😊.

One more thing, I'm also looking for language schools preferably online with 1-1 lessons with a Thai teacher. I hope I could find a thread here 😃.

My name is Martien and I am living in Thailand for 13 year's. Married with Ratree.
Lived 12 years in Nongprue Pattaya but moved to Sattahip last year.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969425

Thanks!

Closed