New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

I want to buy but only in a few years. I think my budget will be around 2.5 million baht. I'd like to buy something like that "1 Bedroom, Pattaya Bay View, 11th Floor, 39 Sqm, The Vision - search in google because I can't link. Do you know how much is the annual maintenance of such a flat?

What is the monthly cost of normal living in Pattaya if I had my own apartment?

Water , electric, wifi , cable tv, all for less than 90 euro a month .
Service charges vary place to place .
You can live very well for 800 euro or less a month , but avoid the party lifestyle.
Overlooking pattaya bay put you in the middle of a red light area .
There are many more cheaper places and better surroundings and scenery.
I would avoid pattaya unless you have to be there for work .
Take a look at Naklua , north of Pattaya or Jomtien south of pattaya , both far nicer places.
I left pattaya after owning a condo there and moved to Huahin , way better for everything , i recommend there above all else .
Chiang Mai in the north is also highly recommended also
Terry.

Check out Naklua soi 16 on Streetview or youtube , nice area and only 15 mins to pattaya by bus or motorbike .
Also 1,000,000 or 1,500,000 can buy you a house with no extra charges involved.
Rent for a year or two and get a feel of the place
Terry

Only 800euro? That is so nice. I would like to work in Ireland for about a year and then come to thailand for about a year. I think i am able to save around 36k euros in a year because i have a good profession. I wouldn't work in Thailand. When I buy a flat, 9k euros for 8-12 months of life will be a lot of money?

What is the cost of a nice apartment in a cheap neighborhood?

Foreigners have no problem buying a house? I think it is important that I would not live permanently in Thailand, my house would often be empty for about a year. Someone might rob me, so I would prefer an apartment.

Bonjour à tous

Hello everyone.

my name is Benno, I am 36 years old and I am coming from Dresden (Germany). I subscribed to this forum, because I am planning to move to Thailand and therefore I am actually looking for a job in Bangkok.

As a graduate production engineer I am working as production planner/NPI planner in semiconductor industries since more than 7 years now. I am actually working with JOBSDB, careerjet, monster and several recruiting sites.

There might be easier times to apply for a job in Thailand, as the country is also struggling with the economic difficulties due to the pandemic, but I don't want to waste time anymore. Therefore I am starting this project right now and I would like to ask all of you for your recommendations and suggestions for my project.

Appreciate your feedback. :)

Hello everyone,

My name is Bomani Williams. I'm a 28 year old man from the United States. I spent most of my adult life in the military until I was recently retired due to developing diabetes. I spent a couple years working and going to school here in the states and I am honestly not too interested in staying here any longer. I've been looking into countries that I can expatriate to on a long term or possibly even permanent basis. I receive about 650 USD a month for my military disability. I figure that combined with an English teaching salary in Bangkok or even another city will be enough to live a modest lifestyle, which is all I really desire. I'm a fairly simple guy. My hobbies include bodybuilding and other physical activities.

I'm currently looking into obtaining a TEFL certification so that I can apply for a teaching position. I have a background in IT, radio communications, security, and I used these skills in a special forces command (SEAL Team 4) for about 7 years. I would like to use my actual skills to obtain employment, but I do not know where to even begin marketing these skills to Thai employers or its Government.

I would appreciate any advice or mentorship regarding obtaining employment, a work visa (I understand your employer sponsors this), moving to Thailand, as well as how much this entire venture is estimated to cost. Thank anyone who chooses to help me in advance! Feel free to respond, dm, or email me!

Best regards,
Bomani Williams
[link moderated]

Hi, retired Thai wife and I live in the States. Planning to move to the Chiang Mai area when things open up - hopefully at the end of the year.

Hello
They have studio units in my condo here in Patong, Phuket for 2.4M Baht.
Check out The Bayshore. They are 40sqm and furnished but not a lot of
kitchen.

Steve

Hi Everyone,
My husband and I will be relocating to Chiangmai in the near future.
I am an ESL online teacher and plan to teach part time whist in Chiangmai in a school.

I would love to hear from others that have done the same.

Welcome to Thailand!

I haven't been to the Chaing Mai area but I hear it's beautiful.
Chaing Rai it's neighbor is also amazing, I heard.

Steve

Yes, Chiangrai is beautiful. A little too quiet for me. We just love the land back vibe of Chiangmai. It's got everything you need..... except a beach. 😆

Hello everyone!

My name is Diana from Singapore! I'm 33 and I'll will be moving to Chiang Mai with my German husband by end of this year. Quite nervous to move amidst this pandemic to be honest! I will try to ask my current company if I'm able to work from CM but if all else fails, I am applying for a job as an English teacher in a kindergarten - I've been communicating with a few of them now.

What does everyone do for a living and expat wives, what do you ladies do during your leisure time?! Would love to connect and hopefully meet up soon!

Welcome Diana,

There are a lot of jobs in kindergarten. They are the jobs that hire the most because of the turnover rate. I have taught at all levels except for k1-3. I prefer upper pratom to lower matayom, but have taught from P1 to M6 to adults to professionals. The hiring situation is a mess since they have put the start of semester 1 back from May 17 to June 1st. Maybe later depending on the pandemic cases. Bangkok is the worst now. The govt has restricted travel from BKK to 37 other provinces. I think Chiang Mai is 1 of them. I will try to keep you posted as the situation changes since it is in rapid flux.

Hi Dianna,
Our relocation will be in 2025.
I am currently an ESL teacher online so the plan is to teach both online and in class.

So you're in contact with some kindergartens. That's great. Are you having any luck? I'll be doing the same. Also in CM.

Keep me posted on your successes.

Julien, great job creating this topic!

Hi all,

I'm Jane, I'm Thai-Nepali. Though I have Thai citizen but I have only been back here (Phuket) for three years since 2018.
I'd consider myself new to Thailand as a whole and i would love to connect with all of you here.

Hit me up!

Stay safe :):heart:

Hello 😘😘
How are you doing today

Hi Alex,
All good here, hope you too

Am all Good
Thanks
So you from Thailand right...
Can I request for your contact....
Maybe we can keep in touch
What did you say

Hi
I'm warat. It's quite nice to know new friends here.

Warat😊

Hello all
Always looking for new places to dine or activities to do since there are so few
people here and so many business are closed in Patong

Hit me up to meet or chat anytime

Steve

Yeah me too new here...

Hi Jane.

Enjoy Phuket.

On a side note: Why is it I can edit a post up to 1 hour after I've submitted, but I cannot delete it completely?

janezainw wrote:

Julien, great job creating this topic!

Hi all,

I'm Jane, I'm Thai-Nepali. Though I have Thai citizen but I have only been back here (Phuket) for three years since 2018.
I'd consider myself new to Thailand as a whole and i would love to connect with all of you here.

Hit me up!

Hi Jane,

Thailand and Nepal are 2 countries I have always loved visiting. Unfortunately, I'm not in Phuket and have no immediate plans to go there. Anyway, have fun in Phuket and if you come to BKK let us know, we can show you around.

Take care.

Much thanks for the warm welcome

Certainly! Let's connect

Heyyy I'm in Phuket s well!
Let's catch up

Hi Jay,

Things are extra here in Phuket as well,
Please keep in touch, when im in bkk will definitely hit you up and vice versa

Hello everyone,

I'm a Network and Systems administrator with 4 years experience in the financial world. Hoping to move to Thailand soon. Nice cities and beautiful landscapes as well as lovely people.

Warm welcome to Thailand. If you have any questions, free fell to ask. 😊

I'm a US citizen, VFW Life member, headed to Thailand (probably Phuket) on June 3rd.

I've been in Vietnam for almost 3 years.

I'm looking forward to being in a place that has legal retirement visa options.

After quarantine I'm looking forward to connecting with my cousin in Chiang Rai.

I'm waiting for initial approval of my COE, submitted today.

I'm looking forward to reading helpful posts.

Cheers!

Hello and welcome to Thailand
If you settle in Phuket I can help show you around.
I have a condo here.
I can show you where to get groceries, immigration office and
the best beaches. I know a real estate broker if you want to buy

Warm regards, Steve

Hi Everyone,

I'm Mark and I live in Fang [a border town of Chiang Mai]. I lived in Thailand for over 20 years now and I am a duel citizen. I am also well traveled and like meeting new friends.

Hey all

I've been in and out of Thailand since mid-March 1983.  Now I'm retired here and living on Sukhumvit, Soi 107.

Hello to All

I enjoy the peaceful ways of life in Thailand. I spent a few years in Chiang Mai and now live in Phuket, I hope to stay here a long time. I am from California. Now living in retirement. Look me up if you're in Phuket. Stay safe...

Hello. Where are you from in California?  I'm from the San Francisco Bay.  Patrick

rrichwcleve wrote:

Hey all

I've been in and out of Thailand since mid-March 1983.  Now I'm retired here and living on Sukhumvit, Soi 107.

That's even 10 years longer than me. I married my 1st wife in 1993 and went to live with her family. I was supposed to be there only a few months, but ended up staying over 28 years. At this point, I've lived more of my life in Thailand than I have in Pennsylvania.

Wow. Amazing life. So why did you choose to live on Sukumvit?  Are you still married? So many questions.  Patrick

Hi all

Although I have lived in Thailand for the past 4 years, this is my first time on this forum. I live in the Sattahip District of Chon Buri, with G/F and 2 dogs. AS you can see from my User Name, I am a cargo pilot operating out of BKK and SNG. So, Its been rather a challenging 18 months for us, with many rules to follow flying in and out of LOS. It effectively means that I am in self isolation all the time, with covid tests every week, but no matter, my G/F makes it easy for me. Hope to interact with you in the future.

Closed