New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

I'M THINKING ABOUT LIVING IN THAI. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO START ?STOSHIO...

What part of California.? What brought you to Thailand.  Patrick

Hey Everyone!  Teacher in Canada.  20 years teaching experience.  13 years overseas in Asia and South America.  Looking to move back to Asia and wondering how the covid situation is?  I am looking to work at an International School in Bangkok.  Also searching out recruiters for teachers in Bangkok.  If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Everyone,

I ( together with my partner) relocated to Bangkok in mid April this year. I'm originally from Australia though I have been living in Singapore for the last 8 years. My current job is the reason for my move here.

We're in some strange and difficult times in Bangkok and I joined this group to reach out and connect with others in the community. Nice to meet everyone.

Best,
Faith

Hi all,
I m Stéphane from France. I went in Thailand the first time in 2006 . Before covid 19  I lived in Thailand 6 months every years. My life change in France and now it s not necessary to come back there .
Covid time it s not the best moment for built a new life but I will try.
I find my place in Chiang mai and I really happy there.
Nice to meet you.

Hi, I'm Simon. still working in uk, have Thai wife still in Thailand. Can anyone help with some advice please?

Trying to buy a small piece of land in wife village. she has gone to local government office in Phimai.
She has been told because she is married to a foreigner that i have to be in Thailand to sign to give her permission to sign for land

Anyone know if there is a work around of the issue?

i have just emailed the Thai embassy in London for some advice. will update this section if i get anything actionable or in fact any reply of note

thanks simon

I have never heard about any farang signing anything when buying land in a Thai persons name.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm from Brasil, and wish to make a living in Thai. It amazes me how similar my culture and Thai culture are, and I would like to know it's culture better. Could anymore help telling how  to get a job or some tips to look for a job.
Greetings, thanks in advance.

Hello my name is chadi inam from lebanon i speak arabic english french and Russian and i am very good driver and i know how to care about people's b
I need have some work in Thailand
Thanks for understanding

Hi Chadi,

It's great you can speak so many languages. I'm only fluent in English, but can converse a bit in Thai, Korean, Italian, and Spanish. I'm not sure what work you can do in Thailand as a driver since all taxi jobs are pretty much Thai only here. It would have to be for a private driver or a personal driver I would think. However, I just drive myself and my wife's family so I don't know what jobs there are for foreign driver's.

Good luck.

Hello everone have been living in Chiang Mai, Thailand on and off for last 8 years from USA but have been most of the time outside of there, for the last 30 years as Ship Captain living in the Caribean/Central America and South America and on and off in Europe. also live in Budapest Hungary for many years. Have been a Private Investor in the Commodity and Future markets. Also way interested in Person with same mindset. Here is hoping for all the great Thai peaple that the end of these time come soon. Love Thailand

Hi.  I am new member. Name syd
Looking into coming there through sandbox program

If all goes well

I love massage and some sweet company.  Any recommendations

Hello Syd
Welcome to the forum and hopefully soon to Phuket!
Do you have your tickets or dates set?

As far as the massage goes there is something for everyone I get a massage
nearly every day I think it's a healthy stress relief. I go to Thatsanee massage
for a traditional Thai massage. They hit all your pressure points do reflexology
on your feet stretch you and massage your face. An hour is 250 Baht or about
$7.5 I make it an even 300 Baht with a tip to the girl.

I don't know if this is the type of massage you are talking about. This place is in
Patong near the roundabout at the end of Nanai Road.

I recommend staying on top of the news as it can change pretty quickly.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/ is a decent source

Hi everyone!
My name is Rich. Everyone calls me the Secret Asian Man as my name does not match my looks (Western name vs. Asian face...  :/ ).

Been living in Bangkok for the last year with my Thai wife and daughter. We usually fly back and forth between Japan and Thailand; however, ended up working remote due to Covid-19. Fortunately, my work allows me to work remotely.

Looking for friends to chat with. Cheers!

Rich

Hey Rich
I like your humor and remember that song from the 70's!

Welcome to this site!

Steve

Hiya Steve,

Thanks for your message. LOL. Yup, yup... that song. My era as well.
Look forward to meeting different people here. Cheers.

Rich

Hello, everyone.

My name is Perry. I work in the music field, producing and teaching voice. (semi retired) I'm from NYC, now in NJ, originally looking to move to Portugal but considering Thailand within the next few years. I'm open to making friends here and learning as much as I can.

Hi Perry,

So, you are from the NE USA like me originally. There is quite a difference between Portugal and Thailand, so it's interesting you narrowed your move down to these 2 places. I would be fascinated to know why you picked these 2 places. I have studied about Portugal, but never lived there. And I have lived in Thailand 25 of the last 28 years so I know quite a bit about here.

Anyway, it's always good to look into things before you leap. Good luck.

Hi JayEsCee

So you are from the NE originally. Thank you for reaching out.
I have been thinking about Portugal for quite some time. But recently, a good friend of mine was there on an extended trip. He loved it there, met someone special, and is probably moving there. Not to mention that Thai cuisine is one of my absolute favorites. So I just want to rule it in as a real possibility. Still open to exploring, and when covid is a little more under control I am planning a trip. I would love to hear more about your experiences there.

Captaincarrot wrote:

Hi JayEsCee

I have been thinking about Portugal for quite some time. But recently, a good friend of mine was there on an extended trip. He loved it there, met someone special, and is probably moving there. Not to mention that Thai cuisine is one of my absolute favorites.
I would love to hear more about your experiences there.

It's funny how that special somebody always plays such a big role in where we live. I moved to Thailand first in 1993 after I met, which in grad school in the USA, a Chinese woman who's was from Thailand. I've been here 25 of the past 28 years. I also spent 2 years in Korea. I wanted to only spend 1, but in that first year I met a Korean woman who was my student in the first year so I stayed another.

Thai cuisine is very good, but I should warn you that it is different from what is served in the US. I know Portugal and Spain have some really beautiful cities and incredible architecture.

Yes! And I am excited to explore both countries, take my time, and see how it all unfolds. I guess I'll find out more about the food when I'm there. :)

Captaincarrot wrote:

Yes! And I am excited to explore both countries, take my time, and see how it all unfolds. I guess I'll find out more about the food when I'm there. :)

Yep, I hope you like eating shrimp with the head, shell, and legs still on it. Seeing shrimp brains for the first time caused me to think, "no wonder these things are so stupid." That orange pasty stuff in their heads. 28 years later, I still cut off the head and give it to my mother-in-law who claims that is the best part.

Also, all the bones still in chicken and pork in soups. They just chop up the chicken, bone and all, and just throw it into the soup. Definitely need to chew everything thoroughly.

Thanks for the warning on the shrimp and chicken. I love both! At least now I know a little bit more of what I'm in for. :)

hi,

my name is ton. i'm originally born and raised here in bkk. and just signing up for this website today.

during covid situation, i gotta work from home and it's boring.

haven't used my english for a while makes me feel unconfident, so i'm here to practice my english :)

cheers,
ton

tonysmmail wrote:

hi,

my name is ton. i'm originally born and raised here in bkk. and just signing up for this website today.

during covid situation, i gotta work from home and it's boring.

haven't used my english for a while makes me feel unconfident, so i'm here to practice my english :)

cheers,
ton

My wife and I do some tutoring of math and English, but as of right now we only teach kids in our village due to the covid-19 lockdown. Still, your English is decent. I don't want to do any corrections online on this forum, but if you pm me I would be happy to help you online.

Hi all

My name is colin and have been living in Thailand for just over 2 years now, was living up in Phrae at the begining but have since moved to Cha Am, and love it here own my own condo and have managed to get my non im visa and bank accounts.  I never want to go back to cold and wet old uk lol.

Hi JayEsCee,

thank you so much for your reply. i just wanna have a chat with u guys, just to get rid of my boring day here. so, i'm not sure if this's the right place where i can use my english or not.

anyway, have a good day :)

cheers,
ton

tonysmmail wrote:

Hi JayEsCee,

thank you so much for your reply. i just wanna have a chat with u guys, just to get rid of my boring day here. so, i'm not sure if this's the right place where i can use my english or not.

anyway, have a good day :)

cheers,
ton

You can send me a private message by using the icon that looks like a speech bubble. I don't want to bore others on here with private chat stuff.

I hope to see you in a private message. Or I could pm you first and say, hi.

Hello all!

My family and I just moved to Ko Samui Thailand this month from New York. I work in technology as a software engineer. My wife is a teacher at one of the new international schools on the island.

Happy to chat about technology, websites, apps, movies, and games!

-Wes

Hi Wes,

Welcome. I'm from PA, but been to NY many times before moving to Thailand.

What movies and games?

Hi David,

Where do you live in Thailand? Do you ever do human figure photography?

Interesting. You live on the east side of the city center. I'm in a province west of Bangkok.  So, a little far to just pay a casual visit. Do you have a website where you show some of your work?

JayEsCee wrote:

Interesting. You live on the east side of the city center. I'm in a province west of Bangkok.  So, a little far to just pay a casual visit. Do you have a website where you show some of your work?

It's really much better to encourage him to send you a private message.

When he keeps replying with business promotion links, admin is going to shut him down

Maybe they already did. All his posts just disappeared.

Hi there, I am Jens from Sri Lanka and living in Chiang mai for only 2 years time during this period I married my Thai wife and we would like to Joined your Concept. It look very serious what you explain.
So Mr. For more info. Pls Contact me,if you think we can follow your concept together. In Chiang Mai or els where in Thailand.
By the way we live in Sansai District.
Hope to see you soon
Thanks you.      Your Obey servant
JK Ranabahu

Hi my name is John and i am looking for a telesales job. My contact number is ***

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone, nice to be here.
I am relocating to Bangkok from Africa on work related duties from the beginning of December. My office is around the UN Hub in Bangkok.
Can i get a fully furnished Studio which is affordable in the surrounding areas.

johnwalsh70 wrote:

Hi my name is John and i am looking for a telesales job. My contact number is

I'm not sure you can post your phone number and a job search request in this section.

Good luck, regardless!

JayEsCee wrote:
johnwalsh70 wrote:

Hi my name is John and i am looking for a telesales job. My contact number is

I'm not sure you can post your phone number and a job search request in this section.

Good luck, regardless!

You are definitely right about any contact info.

It's said that the purpose is to keep forum members safe on the internet, and it's written into the forum code of conduct to not post any personally identifying contact information.

But it also makes sense from a business point of view for the owners of this forum.

Reading the code of conduct it's clear that they don't want this to be a personal ads website nor do they want any type of business advertising here in the forum, although it's allowed on other parts of the website specifically designed for that.

Business advertising definitely includes advertising by prospective employers and also prospective employees.

So here in the introductions thread, as well as elsewhere on the forum, it's okay for someone to say who they are and what they do.

However, if the administrators believe that they are crossing the line into posting a help wanted ad or a help available ad, then they will edit the post or delete it.

As you correctly indicated before, the only and best option here on the expat.com forums is to refer people to the private messaging system, which works very well.

Cheers!

😎

Hi. I am interested in moving to Thailand. Don't know much about there though. I heard it is cheap, but also that cost of living is rising too so, shrug. Any insight is helpful.

Closed