New members of the Russia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Russia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Russia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello all,
Having spent my entire life living and working in the US,  my next move is to retire in Russia Saint Petersburg with my Russian wife and children.
   The idea of living in such a great city, is something we all look forward to, especially my wife and kids they have citizenship in Russia and are fluent in the language.
I have to go through the process to retire there,
   Each of us, has their own reasons for wanting to come to Russia, my kids having spent the summer in Russia two years ago, are banging the drum to relocate, and of course my wife would be closer to friends and family, although we would still have to take a train ride or fly to visit family.
  For me relocating from s about  nature and new opportunities to enjoy it.
I also like history, and know there is so much new information about to find its way to me.
Traveling about this huge country is something all of us dream of.
I have a question about banking, I was wondering knowing my current  bank has a branch in Saint Petersburg RU, will it be possible to walk into the Saint Petersburg branch and pull cash to pay my bills while living in Russia?
Sincerely
Patrick

Welcome to Russia,
I am also retired and married with a Russian woman,  but we do not have children,  and most of the time we travel around.
When I came to Russia,  I opened an account with the cberbank.  I did transfer my money with money transfer from my foreign account to a rubel account.  Sberbank does not make a problem if yoy have a foreign passport.
Greetings,
Ruud

Hello RuudC
Glad to hear from anyone that once to share ideas and information about life abroad.
I want to say, when I am speaking with someone that has retired and is living a life that in some ways I will embrace, many of the topics will have extra meaning.
  I will look into your suggestion about banking, seems for now anyway getting my hands on my monthly social security check and finding medical insurance in Saint Petersburg dominates my thinking. 
My wife and I are looking forward to the travel you and your wife are already doing, we watch YouTube videos about travel in Russia, there certainly is a lot to do under the travel umbrella.
  Which place have you gone back to more than once?
Here when we travel we try to include a natural hot spring, you have them there as well
It adds nature to any trip you might consider doing that next time your exploring.
That's about it for now, good hearing from you
Sincerely
Pburg

Hi,
Banking in Russia is not a big problem,  but it could be that you spend a lot of money on exchange.  In rhe beginning I did receive my pension on a Dutch bank,  I did transfer this to my Russian bankaccount by Moneywise.  That was the cheapest way.  Now I get my money transfered straight to the cberbank on a euro account.  For 4 years,  that worked perfect.

Your medical insurance should be free.  Go to the local state insurance agent and you should be able to get insured for free.  But that is if you are official married.  Do you have your visa sorted out already??
I am now finally so far that soon I will get a Russian international passport.
It would be easier if you use my email.  That is [email protected]
I am sure,  you will get the same problems I had when arrived.
Greetings,
Ruud

Hi,
I am living in my home country (Ghana) at the moment. I plan on moving Russia very soon. I look forward to learn the Russian language, the culture and the mores of Russians. I have started the learning Russian but I need practical experience like someone to assist me on certain pronunciations.

Johnny

Hello all,

My name is Alister and I am retired and looking to meeting with other individuals who are keen to learn about my country, and my way of life

I have an MBA and I teach English to children, teenagers and adults. My specialty is Business English and conversational English.

Hello every body nice to here you all from grate Russia, I love Moscow too much due to history and weather's, I am ALI ADNAN khawar from Pakistan, I am single and independent person have 22 years of experience in civil constrction with D A E in civil technology, I want to get job therein Russia and maybe I will get marriage there with any good lady for permanent overthere, I want good job offers good real friends there that's helping in my future, so I will be so happy if I get my dreams there, any friends instrested for helping me i am appreciated with welcome in God's kindness
Regards
Ali Adnan khawar

Hello dear Allister, hope you are doing well, nice to hear from you about and my happiness, so can I know about you more than and what's help you for me about my job overthere, I want to see also Pic of you, hope here you s2my dear, Ali Adnan khawar.

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, Richard Millard here, I have spent years 1999-2007 and want to come back. I know things are quite different but. I am looking to rent an apartment or a house.

Hi everyone! My name is Ilya, I'm 30, and I recently received Russian citizenship.
I'm currently living in Yekaterinburg. It will soon be a year since I moved here with my wife from Kazakhstan.
I'll be happy to find new acquaintances among English speaking people.
I work from home and really sick of staying inside most of time.
Feel free to pm me at any time. If not online, I'll respond to you asap.

Hello:) my name is Alexander Peake and I was adopted in 96. I recently found out after 24 years I am not a US citizen though I was adopted and so have decided to move back home to where I belong - my birth country Russia. RT is already doing a story about my life and though I am officially moving to Moscow  I would like to continue my aerospace career (I am 14 cfr part 145 certified) having worked for Sumitomo. I have 5 years sales experience, 1 and a half year aircraft tech and at least 7 years in hospitality. My calling in life is anything aerospace related and would be very glad to get back to it :)

I have received my Russian passport a few days ago and fully vaccinated and can't wait to fly back - any help I will be most grateful for.

zdorovat'sya,

Hope everyone is doing well during these challenging times.

Im a building/interior designer from Sydney Australia and am looking to see what would be the most suitable jobs for myself in Moscow.

I am fluent in English, Arabic and still learning Russian.

Regards,

Ahmed J.

Hii

I am a writer in America, I want to know about  South African culture, food and education. Anyone help me out.

Hi, i'm cuban and want to work in Russia. Is there a way to do it?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969392

Thanks!

Closed