New members of the Algeria forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Algeria forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Algeria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi. I am Mara. 43, American female. I am planning a visit and considering expat to Alergia. Looking for information, building network and friends with experience of Algeria, and familiarity with being an ex-pat.

Welcome in Algeria

For any question I am here to answer

Just be careful.   If the idea came from meeting a man online

I have not met him in person but know his chief and 2 engineers he worked with.  We talked online over 2 years (video chat as well with his friends and family, and the people I know in person) before we started talking privately... been over a year on that as well.

Thank you.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
My name is Mourad Rezig, I am 56 years old.
I am a Bi-National, Algerian/American; I spent my last 25 years in the United States of America or abroad as a US Expatriate. I had a chance to live in the MENA region (Bahrain, KSA), in East Africa (Uganda), in West Africa (Mauritania), in Europe (Geneva), and in southeast Asia (Malaysia), for stays varying between one year to 3 years, as a US legal expert and practitioner.
I am fluent in French- English and Arabic and Algerian Colloquial.
For the time being, I am in Algeria and practice law as an attorney affiliated with Algiers Bar Association.
I joined this group because I believe I strongly relate to its mission and human components.
I look forward to meeting/making new friends (face to face or virtually) and sharing with them our social, cultural, and professional experiences. And why not help each other overcome the nostalgia effects since we are all away from our loved ones and our bases for various reasons.
Thank you for reading my long introducing words and accepting me as a member of the group.
Mourad (MO)

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
My name is Mourad Rezig, I am 56 years old.
I am a Bi-National, Algerian/American; I spent my last 25 years in the United States of America or abroad as a US Expatriate. I had a chance to live in the MENA region (Bahrain, KSA), in East Africa (Uganda), in West Africa (Mauritania), in Europe (Geneva), and in southeast Asia (Malaysia), for stays varying between one year to 3 years, as a US legal expert and practitioner.
I am fluent in French- English and Arabic and Algerian Colloquial.
For the time being, I am in Algeria and practice law as an attorney affiliated with Algiers Bar Association.
I joined this group because I believe I strongly relate to its mission and human components.
I look forward to meeting/making new friends (face to face or virtually) and sharing with them our social, cultural, and professional experiences. And why not help each other overcome the nostalgia effects since we are all away from our loved ones and our bases for various reasons.
Thank you for reading my long introducing words and accepting me as a member of the group.
Mourad (MO)

Hi,
I am Claudette Coleen, 28 and I am from the Philippines. I have travelled and lived in Europe before, but I am currently working  in the Philippines. I am interested to know what opporunities are there in Algeria for non-arabic speaking people. Also, I am inerested to know more about the culture.

Thanks.

Hello Claudette Coleen,
Thank you for your email.
As far as I know, the job opportunities are posted online and need just some web job search skills.
As for the culture, the same process. There are a lot of resources out there on the web in all languages.
However, if there is a particular or a specific aspect of both subjects named above that need explanation, I will be glad to help explain to the best of my knowledge.
Best regards,
MO.

I wrote a message about a man from Algeria. Did you read it? What advice do you give me?

I met a man online from Algeria. We've been talking for almost two years. And I can't tell if it's a deception if he's lying or what he's telling me is true. He's 33 and I'm 53. I've told him many times that it's a big difference in years but he says he's not interested in this or what people are talking about. I don't know and I've never spoken to his family or friends. We see each other every day webcam and show me his family but idon't just talk I see them. He said he's from a poor family.

He says he doesn't have a job and areereu problems. He asked for money and I sent because I felt sorry for him. But I think he's often told lies. He has 2 Facebook 2 Instagram son and there are a lot of women he follows but says he doesn't talk to anyone. I sent money four times about 1000 euros. Once he was in trouble in court, once I think it was a holiday and he had no money, another time his bike broke down and another time his computer and phone broke down.

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on the forum

Yes, welcome to Algeria. You can ask questions to be answered

Dear parasMariana

He is 33 and you are 53 !!!!!!!
Will never work with an Algerian man

He will never meet you up with his family
Firstly because not sure if they speak English
Secondly because he knows his family won't accept your relationship  because of your age ( probably his mum got same age as you) sorry I am not being rude as you are a woman like me I don't like you be foolish by guy like him.
He will keep on telling you  lies  because your are sending him money , BINGO he found someone to support him financially
Keep your hard earned money to your self,he is a man he can work and get money by sending him money you not helping him you are making him lazy,
What are you expecting from him ?????? A man who depend on a woman  financially for us Algerian he is not a man .

Hello all,
I'm an American moving to Algeria later this month to marry my fiancé. I'm super excited and looking forward to this life change. I recently visited in June and it was amazing.
Nice meeting everyone.

P.S. if anyone knows of any rental places for around 30,000 DA let me know please.
-Melissa

Hi, I m Cristina from Roumania.
I need some information if u can help me.
My boyfriend is from Algeria and I was thinking to relocate there, but I m afraid a little because I don t know nothing about the life there..can you share with me some information...
Thank you.

Hi, is depend on which part of Algeria you want to live, from there I will help you.

Hi,
First, thank you for your answer.
He is living in the capital, so there I suppose to live. First I want to know if it will be easy for me to find a job there. I m qualified like kg and primary teacher (I was working 14 years in my country and 2 years in Qatar, at Cambridge International school), I have bachelor degree in Law, with an experience of 3 years in my country, and bachelor degree in Business Administration, with HR and Manager HR certificates, same, 3 years experience. Like languages I m talking English and France, arab I can understand just little.
In rest how to live in Algeria, how is the life, restrictions, etc.?

Hi,
Nice to meet you.
I m Cristina from Roumania and I m planning to move in Algeria, in Capital because my boyfriend is from there. What I want to ask  you, because I read that you are working in Law department, do you think that I have any chance in this field? I have bachelor degree in Law and 3 years experience in my country. But I don t know Arabic language..just to write and read..but I understand just little...I know just English and France. If I will move there I don t want to stay without job...Also I have experience like teacher, kg, 16 years and in HR, 3 years with bachelor degree in Business Administration. Do you know someone who can help me by offering me a job?
If you want we can discuss more in privet this is my WhatsApp number: ***

Thank you.

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Can you help me?
i can live and work anywhere there
though i am a graduate here
i have HND in business administration with over 3 years experince
but i dont mind doing any kind of job over there

@ babashege1989 :

Note that this thread is for the introduction of the new members.

Therefore, i invite you to post an ad in the Jobs in Algeria section, it might help you.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

This man must be a scammer and he is using you. The moment they ask for money, it is a sure sign of deception. Never give money or transfer a dime. They're are profesionals and probably having half a dozen other victims on their books telling them the same old story such as : I'm poor, I love you, I'm stuck somewhere in middle of nowhere and in need of cash to get out, I lost my passport, my family likes you, etc,,,,

Hello P,
This man must be a scammer and he is using you. The moment they ask for money, it is a sure sign of deception. Never give money or transfer a dime. They're are profesionals and probably having half a dozen other victims on their books telling them the same old story such as : I'm poor, I love you, I'm stuck somewhere in middle of nowhere and in need of cash to get out, I lost my passport, my family likes you, etc,,,,

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969234

Thanks!

Closed