Relocation to Mauritius.

Good morning everyone and Happy New Year!

My name is Zulekha, and I am from Kenya. I just recently joined this site a few days ago, and I'm interested in acquiring more information about relocating to Mauritius. If you'd be so kind as to assist me where possible, it would be much appreciated. I have a couple of questions:

1. How difficult is the relocation process and how long does it take to get the appropriate paper work from potential employers vs coming in as self-employed?

2. Are there any healthcare NGOs or other well established NGOs operating within Mauritius? I only ask because my personal research hasn't produced many results.

3. Is it true that one can get permanent residency by purchasing property in Mauritius? If so, what exactly is the procedure?

4. Lastly, must someone be fluent in French in order to gain employment in Mauritius? Or does English suffice within the employment sector?

I appreciate you taking the time out to read this post and assist me with the relevant information as well as any other information you may find necessary. Thank you in advance and have a lovely day.

Regards,
Zulekha.

Hello Zulekha,

Welcome on board! Wishing you hapy New Year ^^

Let's go the other way round. Finding work in Mauritius is tough (to be honest). If you can manage a little bit of french, it will be better for you.... In what field are you looking for a job ?

Please provide more details about your qualifications and competencies...

Best regards,
Anoushka

Hello Anoushka,

Thank you for your response, it is much appreciated. I will definitely be looking around and doing my research as well.
By profession I have studied Health care management and Business Administration Bsc.
I have previously worked within a psychiatric facility as well as working with disadvantaged communities in various sectors.
Therefore, currently my main aim is to identify various healthcare facilities and organisations within Mauritius, as well as various NGOs in the area. If you know of any?
As far as speaking French goes, I am more than willing to pick up some lessons.
Thanks again for your reply.

Zulekha.