Type c visa to get married in Belgium.

Hello everyone, on the 28th of October 2020 i applied for a visa c with the view to marry in Belgium. Hopefully you can clarify are few things for me.

Some time later My fiancé received an appointment date (17-Dec-2020) from the department of marriage in Belgium for an interview regarding our intended marriage

In one of the department's responses, they mentioned that I'll have to be interviewed by the Belgium embassy in Uganda as thats my home country, We've been waiting for a while now and still there's no set date for my interview yet.

My question is, can my visa application be approved without conducting an interview? and what are the possibilities to approve my notice of marriage in Belgium without my interview. And lastly, in case my wedding is postponed by the department of marriages, what influence does this have on my visa application, please enlighten me on some procedures I should expect. Anyone who's been through the same scenario to advise me on how long this all procedure takes as it says to be 8 weeks on their website.

I look forward to your answers and thank you for being helpful.

Hello,

in non-covid19 time, the interview is done around 1 week later, up to 3, after they receive your request.
So, only the embassy can tell you exactly when they'll book an appointment with you.
But as your significant other just got her interview, you can expect news from the embassy pretty soon.

And yes, the interview is """mandatory""" in case of wedding to prevent "grey" or "white" wedding. That's not the case for a legal cohabitation (that will be done at the commune, but not in the visa process itself).

Now, as an example, let's say that you've already 2-3 children with your future wife, got both your name on the certificate of birth, then it's absolutely trivial and the embassy might not even bother doing the interview as there's no way you could have a fake relationship or that there's even a doubt about it. So, it depends of your current status and relation. (you know each other since 10 years, already lived together, whatever...)

The answer of the visa request is pretty fast for these kind of visa (same as for cohabitation).
I got the agreement in 4-5 weeks for my girlfriend, but in non-covid19 time.
So 8 weeks seems pretty fair.

Thank you Alex for a much better clarification, well appreciated.

Hi anyone in 2023 that applied for the short term visa to marry? What have your timeline be?