Work phone in Italy for US company

I am guessing someone has done this before.  If you are working for a US company but living in Italy what SIP or cloud phone services have you used?  I would need to "appear" as if I am in the US with a US number with vmail and text.  Any first hand experience?   Thanks.

Theres an application that you can use for your phone called talkatone, you just put what state you want the are code to be from and your able to get voicemail and also text as well. By the way are there any openings for this US company. I am currently looking for work as well. I am fluent in english and spanish. Thanks i hope this information is useful for you. Have a great day.

Thanks for the info.  I will look it up.  I don't have a specific company in mind, just looking for all alternatives.

The best bet can be MajicJack, its quality is good.
But, you need to pay for it. Let me know if you want more details
Thanks

Skype have a virtual number service that gives you what appears to be US land lane.
I believe Google may do the same, but I'm unsure. I do know Google allows free calls to most US land lines (maybe cells as well - check).

Fred wrote:

Skype have a virtual number service that gives you what appears to be US land lane.
I believe Google may do the same, but I'm unsure. I do know Google allows free calls to most US land lines (maybe cells as well - check).

That is the cheapest option

Italy uses GMA technology, like AT&T or T-Mobile phones stateside. Other U.S. carriers, like Verizon, largely use CDMA technology but offer GMA phones to international geolocalizzazione telefono travelers. If your phone operates on GMA technology you can probably replace the SIM card and use it in Italy.

Italy uses GMA technology, like AT&T or T-Mobile phones stateside. Other U.S. carriers, like Verizon, largely use CDMA technology but offer GMA phones to international geolocalizzazione telefono travelers. If your phone operates on GMA technology you can probably replace the SIM card and use it in Italy.
-@alex hales10

I think you meant GSM instead of GMA.